Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
LynxAir

$1 Canadian flights (+Taxes & Fees, travel between February-March)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 30th, 2023 7:49 pm
Tags:
Jul 31, 2021
152 posts
400 upvotes
mistytalon wrote: Great, another discount airline where getting treated like an actual person, the oxygen, and the pilot are paid additional extras.

If it's anything like Flair, I'd put in for an extra day or two buffer in case your flight doesn't take off.
I seriously don't get why people like you are so miserable. First people whine about there not being any competition in Canada and passengers getting screwed over, then someone comes around and offers competition. And then come people like you and some others who
- Question the safety of this airline without providing any evidence
- Suggest that you need to pay for oxygen (I get that's part in jest)

Now let me be clear I'm no huge fan of these budget airlines nickel and diming customers but in any market they operate they always bring prices down for the competition as well. And for the savy flyers, students, people without kids, this is a great option.

Everyone should do their research and if your need to be somewhere for work, then flying in Canada in the winters is somewhat a risk and even more so with a low cost carrier. I welcome this and all other low cost carriers, hopefully one of these can become bigger and compete with the cartel that we have today.
Nov 29, 2022
8 posts
2 upvotes
"Travelling with young children (under 12)? Choose seats below for no charge. "

my child can choose a free seat, but both adults have to pay to select. i thought at least one adult needs to sit with child.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26985 posts
11429 upvotes
Socially Distanced
mistytalon wrote: Great, another discount airline where getting treated like an actual person, the oxygen, and the pilot are paid additional extras.

If it's anything like Flair, I'd put in for an extra day or two buffer in case your flight doesn't take off.
Ryanair proved the concept and now Canada is eager to copy it Confused Face
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Jul 21, 2019
130 posts
155 upvotes
Last time an airline told me to pay to be seated with the kid, I told them thanks -- will be glad if someone else takes care of this sucker while we get some sleep. They then assigned us premium economy together.
"No airline staff" would ever like to deal with a cranky baby on their own. Even if that means moving people around, or upgrading you. Doesn't matter the fair class, WestJet and Air Canada by default assign you free seats (together) if you ever travel with kids.
richiebearington wrote: "Travelling with young children (under 12)? Choose seats below for no charge. "

my child can choose a free seat, but both adults have to pay to select. i thought at least one adult needs to sit with child.
Nov 3, 2020
101 posts
234 upvotes
paultieu wrote: New, state-of-the-art aircraft
Boeing 737 fleet
Every aircraft in the Lynx fleet is the very latest iteration of the ultra-reliable 737 family. These planes have advanced aerodynamics, highly efficient engines and upgrades to the airframe and flight systems.

Internationally certified safety
All our aircraft meet the highest internationally certified safety standards and are certified by Transport Canada.

Comfortable cabins
Our brand new Boeing 737 seats up to 189 passengers and features Boeing Sky Interior lighting, large overhead bins and extra legroom seats (available for a fee) if you want some extra space.

https://www.flylynx.com/en/fleet ;)
They may have meant that you’re sealed in a confined space during a pandemic - but I could be wrong.
May 18, 2015
65 posts
47 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Just flew with Lynx. Boarded on time. Arrived on time. No issues. Airplane was barebones so no magazine, entertainment or snacks. Planes were new as stated by another user.
Sep 22, 2017
155 posts
47 upvotes
So 2 adults with 2 kids 12 and under. How much is seat selection for the 2 adults? Will try shortly
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
8118 posts
4414 upvotes
mrfrugal83 wrote: Personal item aka umbrella under seat or actual backpack ? Reading reviews it seems ymmv said it fits under seat no charge (small backpack ?) but others saying arbitrarily charged $50 upwards small backpack
Personal item dimensions are okay, if you're traveling with multiple people, the most economic choice is to pack all your stuff into one suitcase for check-in because it's just $67 round-trip for one check-in.
Jan 25, 2019
67 posts
201 upvotes
Subsided wrote: What is the promo code?
There is no promo code, just need to select flights on Tuesday/Wednesday. Then hover over the price to see the breakdown. For example:

Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2018
1694 posts
1479 upvotes
Holy shit this is insane deal...
NOT A WOMAN. JUST GOT A WEIRD NAME. I AM A MAN. THANKS.
Oct 5, 2010
599 posts
846 upvotes
Damn they only fly from Winnipeg to Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver. To Calgary there is no flights until April. To Toronto and Vancouver there is only flights on Thursdays and Sundays.
Sep 22, 2017
155 posts
47 upvotes
Barru wrote: The only flights in or out of Winnipeg to/from Toronto are on Thursdays. Lol
d60 wrote: Damn they only fly from Winnipeg to Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver. To Calgary there is no flights until April. To Toronto and Vancouver there is only flights on Thursdays and Sundays.

Thursday to Sunday may work for us. Hello fellow WPGers
Sep 19, 2005
768 posts
798 upvotes
mrfrugal83 wrote: Personal item aka umbrella under seat or actual backpack ? Reading reviews it seems ymmv said it fits under seat no charge (small backpack ?) but others saying arbitrarily charged $50 upwards small backpack
Actual datapoint: I took the osprey farpoint 40 (sized as a standard carryon luggage) on a flight as my personal item for free with no issue. The flight was more than half full but had lots of bin space
Jun 24, 2005
704 posts
116 upvotes
Richmond Hill
SoroSuub1 wrote: Personal item dimensions are okay, if you're traveling with multiple people, the most economic choice is to pack all your stuff into one suitcase for check-in because it's just $67 round-trip for one check-in.
The $67 is for one way only.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
3141 posts
3005 upvotes
Antarctica
rngun wrote: The $67 is for one way only.
It was return but booked and unavailable.

Here is a return for $84:

Jun 24, 2005
704 posts
116 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I was referring to $67 as one way for one piece of lugguage.

Anyways, it's been over half hour and I still didn't get an email confirmation from Lynx. My payment went through and I can see it on my credit card app as pending.

I called in and apparently my booking got cancelled because the payment didn't go through for some reason.

They re-did the ticket for me and asked for my payment info again. I received the confirmation email.
Last edited by rngun on Jan 25th, 2023 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2657 posts
2657 upvotes
Ottawa
jonee316 wrote: So 2 adults with 2 kids 12 and under. How much is seat selection for the 2 adults? Will try shortly
Under APPR regulations, kids under 12 need to be assigned a seat no more than 1 seat away (or one aisle away) from their parent in the same row. Under 5, they need to be seated right next to a parent.

Lynx Air planes are 3 seats per side. Worst case:

- your family is split up into 2 groups of 2 in different areas of the plane
- the kid(s) who are aged 5-11 are assigned with someone in a middle seat between them and their parent, or they're assigned in an aisle seat across from the parent. If that happens, it likely wouldn't be hard to convince a middle seat passenger to move to an aisle to be able to sit together
Feb 14, 2011
866 posts
656 upvotes
Canada
NigelL64428 wrote: They may have meant that you’re sealed in a confined space during a pandemic - but I could be wrong.
No, they didn't mean that at all. You are definitely wrong.