Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
LynxAir

$1 Canadian flights (+Taxes & Fees, travel between February-March)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 30th, 2023 7:49 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2809 posts
6129 upvotes
Vancouver
paultieu wrote: New, state-of-the-art aircraft
Boeing 737 fleet
Every aircraft in the Lynx fleet is the very latest iteration of the ultra-reliable 737 family. These planes have advanced aerodynamics, highly efficient engines and upgrades to the airframe and flight systems.

Internationally certified safety
All our aircraft meet the highest internationally certified safety standards and are certified by Transport Canada.

Comfortable cabins
Our brand new Boeing 737 seats up to 189 passengers and features Boeing Sky Interior lighting, large overhead bins and extra legroom seats (available for a fee) if you want some extra space.

https://www.flylynx.com/en/fleet ;)
75% of all airline crashes are pilot error

Don't care what the plane is, and this blurb is all about the plane
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15268 posts
6332 upvotes
RFD
danascully wrote: 75% of all airline crashes are pilot error

Is there any hint of truth that budget airlines hire new pilots that don't have the obvious flight time experience but meet the minimum threshold, compared to let's say premium airlines who have pilots with more flight time experience?
Dec 24, 2018
60 posts
254 upvotes
Do you only see the 1$ at the end of checkout? I am tyring different flights for same dates but none show 1$
Insilin1i wrote: Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 7.54.36 PM.png
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
3141 posts
3005 upvotes
Antarctica
radeonboy wrote: Is there any hint of truth that budget airlines hire new pilots that don't have the obvious flight time experience but meet the minimum threshold, compared to let's say premium airlines who have pilots with more flight time experience?
Pilots at major airlines are lacking training as well. And new pilots earn peanuts and have poor work life balance (see colgan air Buffalo crash investigation aftermath). I would think a low cost airline is not going to be any better.
May 18, 2018
752 posts
777 upvotes
danascully wrote: 75% of all airline crashes are pilot error

Low budget airlines have been a thing in Europe since the early 90's. If the probability of a crash was significantly higher in these airplanes vs. "the regular airlines" I think people would have caught on by now.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2809 posts
6129 upvotes
Vancouver
PanchoVilla wrote: Low budget airlines have been a thing in Europe since the early 90's. If the probability of a crash was significantly higher in these airplanes vs. "the regular airlines" I think people would have caught on by now.
TF? my post says nothing budget airlines wow
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
3656 posts
4272 upvotes
Prince George
NavtejS210720 wrote: I THINK IM MISSING SOMETHING
WHAT IS THE PROMO CODE??
As noted in the red banner on the top of their website, there is no promo code
May 18, 2018
752 posts
777 upvotes
danascully wrote: TF? my post says nothing budget airlines wow
The post you replied to was a response to someone insinuating that these low budget airlines are death traps. Looking at your response it looked like you were hinting that these airlines (which i assume is the low budget airlines since that's what LynxAir is) hire inexperienced pilots.

Confusion aside, my responese is to anyone who thinks low budget airlines are unsafe.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2018
1694 posts
1479 upvotes
bran2540 wrote: Do you only see the 1$ at the end of checkout? I am tyring different flights for same dates but none show 1$
$1 flight

the rest are fees from airport and taxes.
NOT A WOMAN. JUST GOT A WEIRD NAME. I AM A MAN. THANKS.
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
26900 posts
6135 upvotes
Crichtonfan wrote: Pilots at major airlines are lacking training as well. And new pilots earn peanuts and have poor work life balance (see colgan air Buffalo crash investigation aftermath). I would think a low cost airline is not going to be any better.
Regional airline pilots in the US don't make a lot of money. It is a tough life for them.
Flair pays their pilots very well. There's no more risk of a Flair airline crashing than an Air Canada/WestJet one
I haven't looked at Swoop or Lynx pay rates, but it's probably similar
Nov 10, 2013
265 posts
321 upvotes
I'm checking YYC-YVR turns and even 'full price' on weekends in $5 base fare. So an extra $10 more if you want to do a weekend hopper instead of the Tues/Wed restriction here. Flew Lynx 25 segments last year between YYC-YVR and have never been cancelled on, 3 segements late an hour. one segment early by 25 mins, others 'on time'.

Would do again
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
8118 posts
4414 upvotes
I think discussing airline safety is a moot point, when there is nothing negative on Lynx Air's history, just a whole pile of speculation, and Canada/USA aviation's safety record are higher than developing countries where airlines wouldn't be approved to fly to NA. If you're concerned about your plane landing safely, don't look into automobile accident statistics...

Also, don't forget the fun time an Air Canada plane almost landed on a crowded taxiway of four planes at SFO and almost caused one of the greatest aviation disasters in history.
Nov 25, 2014
473 posts
518 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Jonathanl10 wrote: I'm checking YYC-YVR turns and even 'full price' on weekends in $5 base fare. So an extra $10 more if you want to do a weekend hopper instead of the Tues/Wed restriction here. Flew Lynx 25 segments last year between YYC-YVR and have never been cancelled on, 3 segements late an hour. one segment early by 25 mins, others 'on time'.

Would do again
This is the kind of feedback and posts that make people consider such flight deals. Thanks for the help buddy.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2017
1532 posts
555 upvotes
do not fly lynx air.
literally the worst experience of my life.
flew them 2 times. N E V E R A G A I N...

flight 1... they didnt have any cabin crew in toronto... so they delayed flight and flew staff from edmonton to toronto.
oh they also lost my luggage.

flight 2... delayed flight.... 7.5 hours later we finally boarded... but then sat on tarmac in plane for another 1.5 hours.
oh they also lost my luggage again. also their cabin staff was a bunch of high school kids... literally brand new shirts and uniforms.. weird hair. no older then 19.

seriously do not do it. this airline is still experiencing growing pains.
Last edited by techjedi on Jan 25th, 2023 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
are we there yet?
Nov 10, 2013
265 posts
321 upvotes
tintin2k2 wrote: This is the kind of feedback and posts that make people consider such flight deals. Thanks for the help buddy.
Nothing to show for it other than saving money of course. If I did that volume with AC, would've made 25k or something spending double the money lol. Wish these ULCCs had a loyalty program even if it was barebones like Spirit.
Lynx doesn't have an app either, so customer service and accessibility is non existent and getting the PDF boarding pass on your email is a joke compared to Apple Wallet
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
9187 posts
3227 upvotes
Toronto
paultieu wrote: New, state-of-the-art aircraft
Boeing 737 fleet
Every aircraft in the Lynx fleet is the very latest iteration of the ultra-reliable 737 family. These planes have advanced aerodynamics, highly efficient engines and upgrades to the airframe and flight systems.
How soon we forget! Let me remind you: Lion Air Flight 610, Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302,

But, in fairness, since the grounding, re-engineering and re-certification, these planes are probably among the safest flying.
Nov 10, 2013
265 posts
321 upvotes
Jimbobs wrote: How soon we forget! Let me remind you: Lion Air Flight 610, Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302,

But, in fairness, since the grounding, re-engineering and re-certification, these planes are probably among the safest flying.
Safe and reliable are completely separate metrics. Dispatch reliability for a 7M8 is probably over 98% I reckon with all the major airlines here in Canada