Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
LynxAir

$1 Canadian flights (+Taxes & Fees, travel between February-March)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 30th, 2023 7:49 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
6512 posts
2185 upvotes
YEG
Flights from YEG start April 13, so there are no available promo flights. Also only goes to YVR/YYZ/YHZ/YYT, so not much choice either.
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2809 posts
6129 upvotes
Vancouver
PanchoVilla wrote: The post you replied to was a response to someone insinuating that these low budget airlines are death traps. Looking at your response it looked like you were hinting that these airlines (which i assume is the low budget airlines since that's what LynxAir is) hire inexperienced pilots.

Confusion aside, my responese is to anyone who thinks low budget airlines are unsafe.
Nope
Mar 28, 2021
90 posts
174 upvotes
tatamimat wrote: Do they run the blue/purple mood light on the 737s? I hate them.
For an $80 round trip flight they can spit on my face as I walk on the plane and tell me you're welcome
[OP]
Nov 19, 2020
156 posts
1512 upvotes
https://rppa-appr.ca/eng

You have rights when you fly. The Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA) developed the Air Passenger Protection Regulations to set minimum airline obligations toward passengers.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1519 posts
1079 upvotes
Cool find OP! Whether I choose to fly to YYZ or YVR from YEG. Have to spend a week since no Tuesday available.

Do people use CC's with Trip cancellation/delay insurance to protect themselves with these low cost airliners?

Oh and, airport tax kills the deal, eh? :lol:
Feb 27, 2003
843 posts
694 upvotes
Langley
paultieu wrote: New, state-of-the-art aircraft
Boeing 737 fleet
Every aircraft in the Lynx fleet is the very latest iteration of the ultra-reliable 737 family

Isn't the 737 MAX the most recent airplane in the 'ultra-reliable Boeing 737 family'?

/Face Screaming In Fear
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1519 posts
1079 upvotes
rf134a wrote: Flights from YEG start April 13, so there are no available promo flights. Also only goes to YVR/YYZ/YHZ/YYT, so not much choice either.
That can't be true. I just looked. There are flights in Feb and March to YVR and YYZ. YEG flight availability do suck compared to flying from YYC though.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
6512 posts
2185 upvotes
YEG
Quickman wrote: That can't be true. I just looked. There are flights in Feb and March to YVR and YYZ. YEG flight availability do suck compared to flying from YYC though.
Hmmm... I looked again for YEG-YYZ instead of YEG-YYT. The only $1 fare was Feb 8 for YEG-YYZ, then March 8 for the return leg of YYZ-YEG. Definitely slim pickings.
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1519 posts
1079 upvotes
rf134a wrote: Hmmm... I looked again for YEG-YYZ instead of YEG-YYT. The only $1 fare was Feb 8 for YEG-YYZ, then March 8 for the return leg of YYZ-YEG. Definitely slim pickings.
Availability do suck. Best I found for YYZ is March 1 and March 8 for earliest date. YVR had/has earlier dates plus there are some $2 fares instead of $1 fares on non Wednesdays.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
6512 posts
2185 upvotes
YEG
Quickman wrote: Availability do suck. Best I found for YYZ is March 1 and March 8 for earliest date. YVR had/has earlier dates plus there are some $2 fares instead of $1 fares on non Wednesdays.
There's a $4.54 fare tossed in the YEG-YVR flights as well.
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA
Apr 20, 2020
258 posts
211 upvotes
rf134a wrote: Flights from YEG start April 13, so there are no available promo flights. Also only goes to YVR/YYZ/YHZ/YYT, so not much choice either.
Its almost like its a start up with a limited number of planes.
But really - most popular routes out of Canadian big cities, are other Canadian big cities so that is why all the airlines keep doing the same big city routes.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2008
1087 posts
768 upvotes
Didn't they make it illegal to not to include the price after fees and the made up taxes?

Who are they? I don't know, but they do, and they are the ones who were supposed to put a stop to this.
Feb 29, 2012
543 posts
219 upvotes
xphile wrote: Isn't the 737 MAX the most recent airplane in the 'ultra-reliable Boeing 737 family'?

/Face Screaming In Fear
Yes.
Unfortunately also used by AC and WS as well though...
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2017
1532 posts
555 upvotes
when they initially started last year they had routes to every major city in every province.
after the crap show summer they cut those routes by more then 75% and went on a hiring blitz hiring anybody.
literally anybody... on my last flight the cabin crew literally had brand new uniforms on them still... like creases and folds and all. some of them acting like it was their first job and they were all excited..
I literally listened to them talk about how this was their first flight with lynx and first service.
two of the staff members didn't even have proper uniforms and put company t-shirts over their clothes instead.
when i landed and reported my lost luggage... there was NO ONE at their luggage booth. NO ONE at their check in booth.
their domestic check in booth was actually in the internationals area and all they gave me was a phot copied piece of paper with their social media links for further contact.
honestly guys... please.. DO NOT DO THIS.

if you know anyone who works at an airport or for an airline... ask them about this airline. I am not exaggerating.
are we there yet?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2017
1532 posts
555 upvotes
well looky looky...
they changed their promo...

Explore Canada with Canadian routes
up to 50% OFF base fares!
Code: WILDCAT

honestly this screams desperation from this airline.
i would not be surprised if they shutter anytime soon.
are we there yet?
Jun 12, 2022
47 posts
101 upvotes
I just flew Lynx from their last deal on RFD below :

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/lynx-ai ... s-2586024/

Overall a good experience and I saved 50% on the fare after taxes etc...compared to the bigger players. 1st flight was delayed by an hour and 2nd was right on time. They are as good or bad as anybody else out there including AC. If ur luck is bad, U can have delays and canc with any airline out there. Cheers.
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11103 posts
5990 upvotes
Toronto
techjedi wrote: when they initially started last year they had routes to every major city in every province.
after the crap show summer they cut those routes by more then 75% and went on a hiring blitz hiring anybody.
literally anybody... on my last flight the cabin crew literally had brand new uniforms on them still... like creases and folds and all. some of them acting like it was their first job and they were all excited..
I literally listened to them talk about how this was their first flight with lynx and first service.
two of the staff members didn't even have proper uniforms and put company t-shirts over their clothes instead.
when i landed and reported my lost luggage... there was NO ONE at their luggage booth. NO ONE at their check in booth.
their domestic check in booth was actually in the internationals area and all they gave me was a phot copied piece of paper with their social media links for further contact.
honestly guys... please.. DO NOT DO THIS.

if you know anyone who works at an airport or for an airline... ask them about this airline. I am not exaggerating.
Thumbs Up Sign