Hot Deals

Lytmi

Lytmi Neo HDMI2.0 Pro Kit - $129.00USD ($60 off)

• Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2022 12:39 pm
[OP]
Jan 24, 2008
76 posts
266 upvotes
Etobicoke

Lytmi Neo HDMI2.0 Pro Kit - $129.00USD ($60 off)

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Lytmi
Lytmi Neo HDMI2.0 Pro Kit is $60 off ($129.00USD).
Use Code: lytmi60

This is an alternative to the Philips Hue Play HDMI Sync Box.
Last edited by pawcio on May 14th, 2022 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
13886 posts
27494 upvotes
Of course had to check what it was
Aug 22, 2007
158 posts
221 upvotes
Toronto
It's a good deal and these work very well for what they do, but I had one of these and ended up giving it away and getting a Govee Immersion kit that uses a camera instead.

The HDMI pass through works way better during the daytime / high light conditions when the camera will frequently mess up the colour accuracy, but in theatre style darkness the difference disappears and tying the backlighting to the HDMI signal has a bunch of drawbacks. The biggest showstopper for a lot of people is that it's impossible to use if you use your TVs built in smart tv setup since there's no HDMI signal to tap into.

If you have a single external input device (Chromecast / Apple TV / Roku / etc) it would work great, but if you have multiple devices (game console, Blu ray player, cable box, etc) then it will only work for one of them at a time unless you constantly switch cables or buy an HDMI matrix. And then on top of all that you have to deal with making sure the light box matches your HDMI capabilities. I.e. if you have an HDMI 2.1 smart tv box, connected to a tv that supports HDMI 2.1, this box will now limit you to HDMI 2.0 speeds.

I was skeptical of the camera approach at first but after sorting through all this with the Lytmi, it's what I would generally recommend for immersion lighting. It's nice to have a complete analog seperation layer between the TV/source and the backlighting setup.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)