• Last Updated:
  • Jul 9th, 2020 9:25 am
23 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
7766 posts
7133 upvotes
Toronto
I love this trackball. Also has a unifying receiver.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3525 posts
836 upvotes
Toronto
thanks had a BB gift card burning a hole in my wallet so grabbed this
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
2894 posts
1261 upvotes
Markham
Not bad but looks like pretty much regular sales price now, lowest seems to be Prime Day last year for 19.99
Not buying something on sale ISN'T a crime, buying something not on sale IS.
May 1, 2008
395 posts
113 upvotes
Montreal
I own 4 of these. After a year of daily use, the microswitch on the left click starts wearing out and double-clicking when you single click.

I've recently purchased new, better microswitches and replaced them in all 4 of my M570's. At $40, it's only worth repairing them if you have 3 or more. Before that, I'd say just buy new ones.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2004
1113 posts
59 upvotes
ManCaveGamer wrote: I feel sad for you if you use this...
i feel sad you make such a shitty post to boost ur post count.

on that note, M570 is great, been using it for years and tried other trackballs but the thumb style is still my favorite and most comfortable. Wish they'd make an upgraded one after all these years.
** BUY MY STUFF!! **
nothing to buy right now!
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10056 posts
4764 upvotes
Toronto
djmr2 wrote: i feel sad you make such a shitty post to boost ur post count.

on that note, M570 is great, been using it for years and tried other trackballs but the thumb style is still my favorite and most comfortable. Wish they'd make an upgraded one after all these years.
lol, I'm just joking... it's an OK mouse, just I cant get used to it if I'm at a friends house and they only have this mouse that I could use on their computers. I find it so hard to use
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2004
1113 posts
59 upvotes
ManCaveGamer wrote: lol, I'm just joking... it's an OK mouse, just I cant get used to it if I'm at a friends house and they only have this mouse that I could use on their computers. I find it so hard to use
practice makes perfect gamer dood. I wouldn't want to game on it but i love using it for work.
** BUY MY STUFF!! **
nothing to buy right now!
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
6314 posts
2820 upvotes
Debtario
Already have one, too bad it's not the ergo model, I need a sale on that one.

My original trackman wheel optical is still going strong since 2001. Metallic paint has worn off but switches from those days haven't skipped a beat. Once you get used to it's all you want to use, I can even play FPS with it lol.

Zipping across multiple screens with a flick of a thumb is super handy. Wish they'd combine features of a gaming mouse with one of these

Other upside is that nobody at work touches my computer, they try to move the whole trackball like a mouse lol
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2527 posts
933 upvotes
I own one of these and use it regularly. Its pretty good. some weird placement of buttons but everything I need is there and I adapted to it quickly.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2015
1118 posts
1561 upvotes
Vancouver
I found logitech ERGO to be a better fit for my hand. It’s a good price though.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3525 posts
836 upvotes
Toronto
djmr2 wrote: practice makes perfect gamer dood. I wouldn't want to game on it but i love using it for work.
would it work okay for old school arcade games like missile command and centipede ?
Dec 15, 2019
107 posts
201 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Have been thinking of giving a trackball mouse a try, unfortunately it's not the ERGO model, but it's still worth giving this one a try first. Thanks OP :)
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2012
1621 posts
1794 upvotes
Vancouver
I say this every time there is a deal for the M570. If you are considering this at all, do it!

I have used the M570 for close to a decade. I originally got one at work to be more ergonomic, and you end up learning using the ball quickly and being able to flick much faster than an average regular mouse user. It definitely does not tire you out like a normal mouse.
It is much better for speed – for working – I do a lot of PowerPoint and Excel. But you will find it is slightly less precise and won’t be great for you if you do graphics/photo/art type of work.

The switches do wear out. 1 of the click buttons stopped working for me once, but a couple emails to Logitech support with the serial # and receipt, and they sent me a new one!
Oct 3, 2014
11 posts
3 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
I went through 4 M570 in past 5 years. I am a CAD designer so the trackball was heavily used. 2 of them had sticky left button and the 2 had fuzzy scroll wheel. Logitech's quality is not as good as it used to e. My first ever M570 lasted 3 years and after that. I had to buy a new one every year.
Aug 17, 2006
420 posts
361 upvotes
sunnysidesolutions wrote: I say this every time there is a deal for the M570. If you are considering this at all, do it!

I have used the M570 for close to a decade. I originally got one at work to be more ergonomic, and you end up learning using the ball quickly and being able to flick much faster than an average regular mouse user. It definitely does not tire you out like a normal mouse.
It is much better for speed – for working – I do a lot of PowerPoint and Excel. But you will find it is slightly less precise and won’t be great for you if you do graphics/photo/art type of work.

The switches do wear out. 1 of the click buttons stopped working for me once, but a couple emails to Logitech support with the serial # and receipt, and they sent me a new one!
+1. I have gone through 2 of them and most recently purchased in 2018. I originally started with the Trackman as my hand started to cramp up using a normal mouse for most of the day.

But both models had the sticky left button (starts to double click) but I notice we have a 2 year warranty [Edit make that 3 year limited warranty!] on them so like you I have receipt and serial number and few emails after troubleshooting they are sending me a new one as well!

Now before the warranty claim I purchased another model which was similar in price at the time, Perixx Perimice-720 which is similar but I would say bigger and has a louder click sound for the buttons. Biggest difference is that this model has either USB dongle or Bluetooth built-in which is only possible with Logitech ERGO. So those who might want Bluetooth connection with M570 pricing it's an option. We shall see how long the buttons last; may switch back to M570 if it fails quick.
Dec 30, 2007
151 posts
15 upvotes
Vancouver
Iz-Good wrote: I own 4 of these. After a year of daily use, the microswitch on the left click starts wearing out and double-clicking when you single click.

I've recently purchased new, better microswitches and replaced them in all 4 of my M570's. At $40, it's only worth repairing them if you have 3 or more. Before that, I'd say just buy new ones.
I have the same issue, what switches do you get to fix it ?