Deal Link:
Savings:
50% off
Offer ends 1st December 2021.

Single and 4 pack licenses available.

redfd123 wrote: Sale prices ($USD):
  • Single License = $34.98
  • 4 Pack = $69.98
I wonder what the advantage is over Veeam.
Last edited by FunnyGamer on Nov 30th, 2021 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
36 replies
Jul 19, 2014
325 posts
373 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Sale prices ($USD):
  • Single License = $34.98
  • 4 Pack = $69.98
I wonder what the advantage is over Veeam.
Nov 24, 2017
52 posts
72 upvotes
Lower Mainland, BC
Been using the free version for years, glad to give them some money for getting me out of trouble many times. Thanks!
Jun 8, 2015
40 posts
14 upvotes
BC
Like this software. One of the best solutions. Its WinPE restore/backup boot drive is amazing.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1550 posts
276 upvotes
I just used their free version today to clone my Windows 10 installation to my new 1TB Kingston A2000 SSD that I bought on Black Friday. Worked like a charm!

Anyone know if I can use this same software on a Windows PC to clone/transfer my Linux installation on my 120GB SSD to a 250GB SSD?
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
2530 posts
1810 upvotes
kitty wrote: Anyone know if I can use this same software on a Windows PC to clone/transfer my Linux installation on my 120GB SSD to a 250GB SSD?
Yes, and I think the free version will do that :)
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2015
1126 posts
1779 upvotes
Vancouver
free version can't do resize on the fly, even if you have tons of free space.
eg) if you have a 256gb ssd, then the destination must be equal to or larger than 256gb
Feb 6, 2016
587 posts
479 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Loomy wrote: Yes, and I think the free version will do that :)
i have a question , when i do hdd partition imaging should i select 'system drive' too , my primary drive is C and im trying to create an image of the main partition , there is system drive and im not sure why it exists (it might be existing since i used Macrium for the first time ,but im not sure) , this is my parent's laptop and in case a problem happens with the system ,i would restore all the installed drivers and the apps to its normal functional state
Images
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-11-29 at 6.33.51 AM.jpeg
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
2530 posts
1810 upvotes
hagopb wrote: i have a question , when i do hdd partition imaging should i select 'system drive' too , my primary drive is C and im trying to create an image of the main partition , there is system drive and im not sure why it exists (it might be existing since i used Macrium for the first time ,but im not sure) , this is my parent's laptop and in case a problem happens with the system ,i would restore all the installed drivers and the apps to its normal functional state
Yes that first partition is part of Windows :)
Feb 6, 2016
587 posts
479 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Loomy wrote: Yes that first partition is part of Windows :)
Thank you for your swift response , i just found this video too ,its helpful also for basic use , have a good day
Apr 7, 2021
24 posts
24 upvotes
I am using a 1tb ssd and run out of space, i recently got a 2 5 tb and is planning to clone my odd ssd to the new ssd and extend the space in c drive.
Based on what u said, the free version can’t do that?

If it can’t, any free alternative? I don’t want to speed $$ so something I will only used once in years.

B
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
5941 posts
6159 upvotes
Vancouver
Onlyforvpnwong wrote: I am using a 1tb ssd and run out of space, i recently got a 2 5 tb and is planning to clone my odd ssd to the new ssd and extend the space in c drive.
Based on what u said, the free version can’t do that?

If it can’t, any free alternative? I don’t want to speed $$ so something I will only used once in years.
Lots of free partition managers can extend a partition into free space on a drive if it doesn't work in the clone stage.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
5941 posts
6159 upvotes
Vancouver
hagopb wrote: i have a question , when i do hdd partition imaging should i select 'system drive' too , my primary drive is C and im trying to create an image of the main partition , there is system drive and im not sure why it exists (it might be existing since i used Macrium for the first time ,but im not sure) , this is my parent's laptop and in case a problem happens with the system ,i would restore all the installed drivers and the apps to its normal functional state
Macrium Reflect is definitely the most reliable of the half-dozen backup programs I have tried. I have the paid "Home" version (formerly v7, now v8) which allows incremental backups and encryption. Note that the paid version is restricted to ONE SYSTEM ONLY. Fortunately you can restore incremental backups from another system or a recovery drive if your licenced system has crashed, but if you want to move the paid software to another system, you have to contact Macrium and request a move.

I recently had to restore backup of a failed system SSD to a new drive using Macrium Reflect. The backup was made of the whole drive, including the hidden system partitions. After restore, Windows booted up fine and all the apps were good. BUT, one problem: the Windows Boot Manager was screwed up. Formerly my BIOS was set to boot directly into Windows 7 from the SSD, with the option to pick Windows Boot Manager instead, and WBM (Win10 graphical version) could choose either Win7 or Win10 on a 2nd drive to boot. After the restore to new SSD, the BIOS can no longer see the SSD as a bootable drive, and only offers Windows Boot Manager. WBM is now a text version instead of graphical, and cannot be set to auto-boot one Windows after a timeout, has to be manually picked every time. Windows auto-boot-repair says it failed. Many online forum threads about the no-timeout problem have no answer (other than many people posting "are you sure you set the timeout option?"). Aaargh! Windows... :rolleyes:
Jun 8, 2010
242 posts
345 upvotes
Toronto
If you took advantage of the BF sale last year (or purchased Reflect Home v7 anytime after Nov. 20, 2020), you qualify for a free upgrade to Reflect Home v8.

To upgrade, open the app and upgrade to the latest v7.x version, restart, open the app again and check for updates. You will be prompted to upgrade to v8 for free. If you accept, you will be provided a new serial key for activation.
Happy customer of Fido and Tangerine 😃
Oct 15, 2009
134 posts
116 upvotes
kitty wrote: I just used their free version today to clone my Windows 10 installation to my new 1TB Kingston A2000 SSD that I bought on Black Friday. Worked like a charm!
Lol, I just did exactly the same thing, for exactly the same drive using Macrium. Worked like a charm indeed!
Oct 15, 2009
134 posts
116 upvotes
fpenguin wrote: free version can't do resize on the fly, even if you have tons of free space.
eg) if you have a 256gb ssd, then the destination must be equal to or larger than 256gb
No, it doesn't have to be the same size.
I noticed, Macrium's UI is not intuitive enough when it comes to cloning to a bigger partition. By default it will try to keep the same size of the partition and the rest is going to be unpartitioned space.
Instead, you should use "advanced" settings when it asks you about partitions.

I was able to clone my windows10 from a 256gb ssd to the new 1tb M2 drive with free edition of Macrium.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2015
1126 posts
1779 upvotes
Vancouver
takun wrote: No, it doesn't have to be the same size.
I noticed, Macrium's UI is not intuitive enough when it comes to cloning to a bigger partition. By default it will try to keep the same size of the partition and the rest is going to be unpartitioned space.
Instead, you should use "advanced" settings when it asks you about partitions.

I was able to clone my windows10 from a 256gb ssd to the new 1tb M2 drive with free edition of Macrium.
It's okay if the destination is bigger, but I was talking about a scenario where you have 256gb ssd with 200gb available space, and you can't clone to a 128gb ssd.
Aug 14, 2019
128 posts
132 upvotes
I have recently used the free edition, I love it. Would love to buy the home edition but I can't find answer to my question, how does the keys work? If I buy a single license and use it on a PC, can I later reassign that to another device or is it use and that's it? Anyone know?
Deal Guru
Jun 20, 2020
10315 posts
11924 upvotes
Toronto
UnexpectedToken wrote: I have recently used the free edition, I love it. Would love to buy the home edition but I can't find answer to my question, how does the keys work? If I buy a single license and use it on a PC, can I later reassign that to another device or is it use and that's it? Anyone know?
You have to remove the license key if you are going to use the license key on another device.

Removing your License key when Upgrading your PC
https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/displ ... ng+your+PC

This article covers the procedure for removing a purchased license key from one computer so it can be transferred to another computer, such as when a computer is replaced due to upgrading your computer or so it can be restored to the same computer after a major upgrade.

Please note that a separate license key is required on each computer on which Macrium Reflect is installed. The transfer of a license key from one computer to another is only allowed for legitimate upgrade/replacement purposes.
Aug 14, 2019
128 posts
132 upvotes
Dhanushan wrote: You have to remove the license key if you are going to use the license key on another device.

Removing your License key when Upgrading your PC
https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/displ ... g+your+PCI

This article covers the procedure for removing a purchased license key from one computer so it can be transferred to another computer, such as when a computer is replaced due to upgrading your computer or so it can be restored to the same computer after a major upgrade.

Please note that a separate license key is required on each computer on which Macrium Reflect is installed. The transfer of a license key from one computer to another is only allowed for legitimate upgrade/replacement purposes.
Oh sweet, thanks!