• Apr 8th, 2013 11:45 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2004
3121 posts
71 upvotes
Calgary

MadCatz SFv.T Fightstick Pro Cross (X360) $99 @ Memx

Xbox 360 edition Fightstick with XBL headset integration on sale for $100 (while supplies last). 10+ online as of this posting.

Great price if you want to dabble in sticks.

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX38358

[IMG]http://store.gameshark.net/catalog/enla ... _cross.jpg[/IMG]
23 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19267 posts
6265 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Looks like a big discount but this is regular price in US according to Amazon anyway. Same price also on the gameshark store itself so I get the feeling this is the new MSRP.

I have the original TE stick, is there any real difference between these? Some Amazon reviews seem to say this model is flimsy feeling compared to the older TE sticks.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2004
3121 posts
71 upvotes
Calgary
BinaryJay wrote: Looks like a big discount but this is regular price in US according to Amazon anyway. Same price also on the gameshark store itself so I get the feeling this is the new MSRP.

I have the original TE stick, is there any real difference between these? Some Amazon reviews seem to say this model is flimsy feeling compared to the older TE sticks.
Don't think so. The XBL integration might be new (I have a PS3 version so I wouldn't know). Well cheap shipping from Memx and you can also pick up in store if you're in Calgary - better than US deal IMO.
Aug 7, 2010
243 posts
200 upvotes
Moebiwankenobi wrote: Xbox 360 edition Fightstick with XBL headset integration on sale for $100 (while supplies last). 10+ online as of this posting.

Great price if you want to dabble in sticks.

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX38358

[IMG]http://store.gameshark.net/catalog/enla ... _cross.jpg[/IMG]

100$ for a joystick that only works on one console that's worth about 100$ itself and gonna be completely useless once the new consoles come out in 8 months. I think I'll pass...
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19267 posts
6265 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
saver_raver wrote: 100$ for a joystick that only works on one console that's worth about 100$ itself and gonna be completely useless once the new consoles come out in 8 months. I think I'll pass...
I don't use my TE stick with any console, they work fine on PC Steam/MAME... who cares about consoles? :P That being said from what I've read I'd rather have another TE given what people say about the perceived reduction in overall quality/sturdiness of the cabinet. If I'm going to spend $100-150 on a controller it better last a lifetime and feel like it too.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
3010 posts
738 upvotes
Toronto
BinaryJay wrote: I don't use my TE stick with any console, they work fine on PC Steam/MAME... who cares about consoles? :P That being said from what I've read I'd rather have another TE given what people say about the perceived reduction in overall quality/sturdiness of the cabinet. If I'm going to spend $100-150 on a controller it better last a lifetime and feel like it too.
since this joystick is usb, i can just plug straight into windows 8 rig, do i need drivers? i wouldnt mind using it for both.
Apr 30, 2009
619 posts
85 upvotes
London
saver_raver wrote: 100$ for a joystick that only works on one console that's worth about 100$ itself and gonna be completely useless once the new consoles come out in 8 months. I think I'll pass...
If you actually were a fan of fighting games you would not think this way at all.
My PlayStation Profile (Ranked 4th in Canada)
Looking for a PS Vita gamer in London to play a few adhoc games with. PM me if interested!
Aug 7, 2010
243 posts
200 upvotes
Sajiko wrote: If you actually were a fan of fighting games you would not think this way at all.
Actually I'm not a fan of wasting money, ***************.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1202 posts
402 upvotes
saver_raver wrote: Actually I'm not a fan of wasting money, ***************.
You can always spend a few extra bucks and mod it so that it'll work for both consoles as well as the PC platform :lol:
Apr 12, 2010
714 posts
130 upvotes
Not really a hot deal considering the PRO line go on sale for $99 on a fairly regular basis at the Madcatz store.
ShylocK wrote: since this joystick is usb, i can just plug straight into windows 8 rig, do i need drivers? i wouldnt mind using it for both.
Just use the MS 360 controller drivers that you can get off the MS website.
Mar 28, 2010
791 posts
253 upvotes
Vancouver
Hard to imagine next-gen console not supporting USB ports, plus most sticks are highly modifiable.
Dec 25, 2011
177 posts
74 upvotes
Vancouver
Really good deal. Just because new consoles are coming out doesn't mean a great fighting game will be released that soon. Even Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition is getting an update (balance patch) for this generation so that is something to look forward to. I personally have a Pro Cross from last year and it's in great shape.
Apr 30, 2009
619 posts
85 upvotes
London
saver_raver wrote: Actually I'm not a fan of wasting money, ***************.
I've easily put over 300 hours into using the fight stick I currently have (which is this one that I bought almost a year ago was using a Hori before this). What would, so far work out to $0.30 per hour because I paid $100 for mine + extra shipping/taxes. Worth every penny if you ask me. It's unlikely to find people who still use arcade sticks these days, unless you are a competitive fighting game player or was an arcade rat.

These are good quality sticks to for those wondering. I press my buttons pretty hard and all still works.
My PlayStation Profile (Ranked 4th in Canada)
Looking for a PS Vita gamer in London to play a few adhoc games with. PM me if interested!
Mar 23, 2008
568 posts
248 upvotes
Airdrie
I'm not clear how this isn't a deal. It's the same stick and price as the madcatz store.
Exand wrote: Not really a hot deal considering the PRO line go on sale for $99 on a fairly regular basis at the Madcatz store.

Just use the MS 360 controller drivers that you can get off the MS website.