Shopping Discussion

Made an order from Aliexpress 2 days ago, but no respond from the seller.

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2021 10:59 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
Dec 22, 2010
633 posts
605 upvotes
Ontario

Made an order from Aliexpress 2 days ago, but no respond from the seller.

This is the first time I used Aliexpress. I made an order last Sunday, but the seller hasn't shipped the item yet. I contacted the seller, but my messages are marked as Unread. Also there are 4 messages saying, "Order Closed" after my messages, and it's not from the seller. I checked my paypal account, there are no changes other than the payment has made. Have I lost my money?
12 replies
Jr. Member
Apr 25, 2018
196 posts
224 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
wait some more - I think AliExpress has a guaranteed ship date. if it doesn't ship, you'll get your money back for sure
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 16, 2011
7180 posts
9153 upvotes
The NORTH
Is it a Chinese holiday this week??

Or is there still flooding going on?
Last edited by kr0zet on Aug 10th, 2021 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Dec 22, 2010
633 posts
605 upvotes
Ontario
Alligatorclip wrote: wait some more - I think AliExpress has a guaranteed ship date. if it doesn't ship, you'll get your money back for sure
Thanks. Do you know how to filter listings in Aliexpress? It doesn't seem to work the way ebay does. I tried Ships from China, Free shipping, Price lowest, but no matter what I chose the results get mixed, and it always charges shipping in the cart.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Dec 22, 2010
633 posts
605 upvotes
Ontario
kr0zet wrote: Is it a Chinese holiday this week??

Or is there still flooding going on?
I guess it's possible either way.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 3, 2011
4481 posts
26595 upvotes
Reach out to the seller to see the status - they usually say in the ad how long it can take to possibly ship out. Use the AliExpress app to keep tabs on your order including shipping.
__
Want to know the latest Costco Clearance items and prices in Ontario.. check out my thread here.
Banned
Oct 10, 2020
1037 posts
619 upvotes
testmann wrote: This is the first time I used Aliexpress. I made an order last Sunday, but the seller hasn't shipped the item yet. I contacted the seller, but my messages are marked as Unread. Also there are 4 messages saying, "Order Closed" after my messages, and it's not from the seller. I checked my paypal account, there are no changes other than the payment has made. Have I lost my money?
Whatever you do, follow these guidelines ... https://www.reddit.com/r/Aliexpress/com ... his_first/
and you'll be fine.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19529 posts
2242 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Might be a week or more. They usually only engage when the item is shipped. I’ve had some radio silence for a month or more before they said the item has been shipped and then another 1-2 months before you get it. Their auto reply payment system should be pretty quick, a day or two.
Sr. Member
Oct 3, 2015
874 posts
1866 upvotes
Toronto
It's been two days. Sellers on Aliexpress are people too. They have lives and families just like us. Something could have come up. I'd give them at least a week before you start worrying.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 2, 2002
2181 posts
935 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered something last week, it took about 4 days to receive the shipping notification. A previous order (back in the winter) shipped the following morning. I know not to expect any speedy response from them. It will get there when it gets there. It’s usually junk I get from them anyhow.
Celebrating 20+ years on RFD!

FS: Denon AVR 1713 home theatre package
[OP]
Sr. Member
Dec 22, 2010
633 posts
605 upvotes
Ontario
[...]

Like I said, I never used Aliexpress, and as far as ebay goes, the shipping notification comes in a couple of hours, or at least I get the messages from the sellers. You don't have to dick about it. FFS.
markopas wrote: Reach out to the seller to see the status - they usually say in the ad how long it can take to possibly ship out. Use the AliExpress app to keep tabs on your order including shipping.
Supercooled wrote: Might be a week or more. They usually only engage when the item is shipped. I’ve had some radio silence for a month or more before they said the item has been shipped and then another 1-2 months before you get it. Their auto reply payment system should be pretty quick, a day or two.
wysiwyg wrote: I ordered something last week, it took about 4 days to receive the shipping notification. A previous order (back in the winter) shipped the following morning. I know not to expect any speedy response from them. It will get there when it gets there. It’s usually junk I get from them anyhow.
Still the seller hasn't contact me yet. I checked the status, and it says,

Status: Closed
Reminder: We had to close this order due to account security concerns. Please place an order again later, or remove the coupon and try again.
Refund Status: Refund Processing


So, my question is, there's a chance they will still ship the item even though it's closed and processing the refund? I just want to know if I should give up on this, and buy another one.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Aug 11th, 2021 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote removed
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8724 posts
2375 upvotes
testmann wrote: Like I said, I never used Aliexpress, and as far as ebay goes, the shipping notification comes in a couple of hours, or at least I get the messages from the sellers. You don't have to dick about it. FFS.







Still the seller hasn't contact me yet. I checked the status, and it says,

Status: Closed
Reminder: We had to close this order due to account security concerns. Please place an order again later, or remove the coupon and try again.
Refund Status: Refund Processing


So, my question is, there's a chance they will still ship the item even though it's closed and processing the refund? I just want to know if I should give up on this, and buy another one.
Doesn't look like it. Looks like a refund is on its way
[OP]
Sr. Member
Dec 22, 2010
633 posts
605 upvotes
Ontario
EPcjay wrote: Doesn't look like it. Looks like a refund is on its way
Good to know. As long as the money comes back in, that would be more than fine. Thanks.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)