Madison Home Owners

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2014 3:11 pm
[OP]
Apr 28, 2009
32 posts

Madison Home Owners

Hello
We just a new built from Madison Homes Cornell Markham and trying to choose the finishes. I'm trying to choose the hardwood floors now. It comes as a standard, the Natural Oak floors and would love to see pictures of some home owners that have these floors and can share them. My other option, at an upgraded price, is the Stone Oak (it's like a greyish wood), so anyone with these floors and can share some pictures, i'll really appreciate it.
Thanks
13 replies
[OP]
Apr 28, 2009
32 posts
They have like a square foot sample for each, but it's soooo hard to picture it on the entire house
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10383 posts
10654 upvotes
Toronto
Find the brand of the hardwood and go to an authorized seller/installer. They usually have bigger examples for each colour.

This is what I did with Vintage or Mercier.
[OP]
Apr 28, 2009
32 posts
Jimboski wrote: Use Google to get a rough idea of how it'll look like.
Thanks. I have tried, i also love Houzz (a decor app) to get ideas, but there are just sooo many types of natural oak and grey oak, etc that it'll be nice to see from actual Madison home owners if possible
[OP]
Apr 28, 2009
32 posts
Anikiri wrote: Find the brand of the hardwood and go to an authorized seller/installer. They usually have bigger examples for each colour.

This is what I did with Vintage or Mercier.
They are "Builder Proseries" so i always thought it's an exclusive builder floor ..... or you think that could be the brand/company name?
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10383 posts
10654 upvotes
Toronto
Sup Lan wrote: They are "Builder Proseries" so i always thought it's an exclusive builder floor ..... or you think that could be the brand/company name?
No way they are exclusive. Go to the decor center and ask them what the manufacturer is. It is your right to know what they are installing. Not all brands are equal.

Builder Pro Series is just another name for "cheapest hardwood floors I can buy from fabricator X"

Most builders use one of the following brands:

- Mercier
- Vintage
- Satin Finish
- Mirage (rare)

Do you know any particular colour names? That will help determining which fabricator it is.
[OP]
Apr 28, 2009
32 posts
Anikiri wrote:
Do you know any particular colour names? That will help determining which fabricator it is.
for the natural one says "builder proseries red oak low sheen Natural" and the grey one "builder proseries red oak low sheen Stone"
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10383 posts
10654 upvotes
Toronto
Sup Lan wrote: for the natural one says "builder proseries red oak low sheen Natural" and the grey one "builder proseries red oak low sheen Stone"
If those are the only colours you can quote, then I believe the fabricator is Mercier.

http://www.mercier-wood-flooring.com/pr ... s/red-oak/

Click on the "Stone" light grey and see if that is the one.

A Mercier installer with big samples can be found north on Esna Road of Steeles Ave.
[OP]
Apr 28, 2009
32 posts
Anikiri wrote: If those are the only colours you can quote, then I believe the fabricator is Mercier.

http://www.mercier-wood-flooring.com/pr ... s/red-oak/

Click on the "Stone" light grey and see if that is the one.

A Mercier installer with big samples can be found north on Esna Road of Steeles Ave.
OMG thank you so much, it does look like the same one, and when i go to the gallery and find the stone on the whole floor, it looks so different from the small sample, and that's what i mean that it's soo difficult to picture it with a tiny sample. I love the look though.
Thank you so much again, i will go and check them out
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10383 posts
10654 upvotes
Toronto
Sup Lan wrote: OMG thank you so much, it does look like the same one, and when i go to the gallery and find the stone on the whole floor, it looks so different from the small sample, and that's what i mean that it's soo difficult to picture it with a tiny sample. I love the look though.
Thank you so much again, i will go and check them out
No problem. Glad I can help. Congratulations on your new home.
[OP]
Apr 28, 2009
32 posts
The builder came back to me and said this:
Builder Pro Series is manufactured by Superior hardwood flooring however it is for builders only. If you wanted to see similar colours though then you could google Superior Hardwood. Then look for the Northern red oak Species of wood and then scroll down to Select Grade. Those are very similar colours to the Builder Pro Series – they just have different names."
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10383 posts
10654 upvotes
Toronto
Sup Lan wrote: The builder came back to me and said this:
Builder Pro Series is manufactured by Superior hardwood flooring however it is for builders only. If you wanted to see similar colours though then you could google Superior Hardwood. Then look for the Northern red oak Species of wood and then scroll down to Select Grade. Those are very similar colours to the Builder Pro Series – they just have different names."
I am sorry that it wasn't Mercier. It is surprising that they use Superior, I have not heard of any builders use Superior. It's still a good brand, albeit not quite as a high profile as Vintage or Mirage. You will be very happy with it.

I am not sure where to go to see Superior showrooms. Perhaps you can call and ask. Good luck.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)