Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

MagicJack from the source!!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2010 1:38 pm
Tags:
Oct 3, 2006
153 posts
6 upvotes
Aren't you at all worried about the lack of reliable 911 service?
Feb 17, 2005
671 posts
4 upvotes
Miss.
I believe I came across a forum at work (dated 2008) and it said that the calls are only free between US/Canada/Puerto Rico etc. but not to European/Asian countries. Can someone confirm?
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
13813 posts
2942 upvotes
Vancouver
JEDI-MASTER wrote: I believe I came across a forum at work (dated 2008) and it said that the calls are only free between US/Canada/Puerto Rico etc. but not to European/Asian countries. Can someone confirm?
No international calls included.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1577 posts
518 upvotes
Richmond Hill
JEDI-MASTER wrote: I believe I came across a forum at work (dated 2008) and it said that the calls are only free between US/Canada/Puerto Rico etc. but not to European/Asian countries. Can someone confirm?
For International call you have to pre pay, I usually put in $5 everytime and it will last me a while.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2006
5141 posts
57 upvotes
Richmond bc
Is it possible to get a Vancouver (604) number?
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1025 upvotes
CCCC3333 wrote: Available Manitoba - Winnipeg 204
Available Ontario - Hamilton 905
Available Ontario - London 226
Available Ontario - Niagara Falls 289
Available Ontario - Ottawa 613
Available Ontario - Toronto 416
Available Ontario - Windsor 519
Available Quebec - Montreal 514
Available Quebec - Quebec City 418
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1025 upvotes
weyoun wrote: Aren't you at all worried about the lack of reliable 911 service?
Not really. Most ppl have cells (either full serivce or minimal pre-paid like Speakout) that has 911.

Plus with how Canadians are screwed on almost everything media related it's good to get a deal on voip since the CRTC can't stop us from getting it.
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2004
2276 posts
539 upvotes
Markham, ON
Looks like the Canadian area codes are available directly from MagicJack as of Nov 19th.

http://www.magicjack.com/9/areacodes.asp

I'd rather keep my US # as I get my google voice forwarded through my MagicJack # directly to my cellphone. Works great.
<sig>
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2005
2650 posts
143 upvotes
Calgary
aingaran wrote: Looks like the Canadian area codes are available directly from MagicJack as of Nov 19th.

http://www.magicjack.com/9/areacodes.asp

I'd rather keep my US # as I get my google voice forwarded through my MagicJack # directly to my cellphone. Works great.
Focus wrote: I am a magicjack user, where can I sign up for a ontario #? Thanks.
Magicjack.ca now says that as of Nov 19 2009, there are some Canadian area codes that it carries. Is this true or phantom?
CCCC3333 wrote: Available Manitoba - Winnipeg 204
Available Ontario - Hamilton 905
Available Ontario - London 226
Available Ontario - Niagara Falls 289
Available Ontario - Ottawa 613
Available Ontario - Toronto 416
Available Ontario - Windsor 519
Available Quebec - Montreal 514
Available Quebec - Quebec City 418
Are these #'s provided by Magicjack themselves or a third party selling MJ in Canada?
These numbers were offered to me while registering my magicjack last week from their website.
Life is life
When we all feel the power
Life is life
When we all feel the pain
Life is life
It's the feeling of the people
Life is life
It is the feeling of the land. Opus :razz:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2005
2650 posts
143 upvotes
Calgary
rinottawa wrote: Why don't you buy it from FactoryDirect and pay less? It sells for $39.99 brand new and instock.

http://www.factorydirect.ca/catalog/pro ... ode=MJ1000
$15 shipping. Thanks anyway!
Life is life
When we all feel the power
Life is life
When we all feel the pain
Life is life
It's the feeling of the people
Life is life
It is the feeling of the land. Opus :razz:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7909 posts
3519 upvotes
Is there any way for me to switch my U.S. number to a Canadian number?
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2001
1125 posts
18 upvotes
LNahid2000 wrote: Is there any way for me to switch my U.S. number to a Canadian number?
When you signed up with your additional # you had one more chance to change (after that you had to pay). Just go to the account page
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7909 posts
3519 upvotes
voodoo401 wrote: When you signed up with your additional # you had one more chance to change (after that you had to pay). Just go to the account page
I don't see Canadian numbers in there.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2001
3785 posts
273 upvotes
Kitchener
LD rates SUX big time

It is not worth getting irritated, it is not worth it.... Wish everyone happiness, and you yourself will be happy.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
9087 posts
3697 upvotes
Toronto
If you have a US number, then calls someone in Canada on a cell phone, would that cell phone be charged roaming fee because it is considered long distance?
Sep 30, 2001
29583 posts
9131 upvotes
Toronto
i've been interested in this item for a while. after reading the TOS, i have some dumb questions to ask:

1. can i make calls for free outgoing from MagicJack to any landline or cell # in the US or Canada? (the TOS seems to imply you can only call other MJ users for free)
2. can i receive calls from anywhere in NA to MJ for free?
3. is the lack of a CDN # only an issue for people calling you? (i.e. they incur a LD fee). I assume calling from a US MJ # to Canada is free under this service.
Be kind and civil with one another
Feb 6, 2006
557 posts
35 upvotes
I just ordered my 3rd magicjack last night from magicjack.com (US site).
Comes w/ 1 month free, on the 31st day I will be charged for US$46.90 includes s&h.
I sent my other one to my brother in SG so his call to us, anywhere to NA is always free (not really, $20/year).
Feb 6, 2006
557 posts
35 upvotes
MrDisco wrote: i've been interested in this item for a while. after reading the TOS, i have some dumb questions to ask:

1. can i make calls for free outgoing from MagicJack to any landline or cell # in the US or Canada? (the TOS seems to imply you can only call other MJ users for free)
2. can i receive calls from anywhere in NA to MJ for free?
3. is the lack of a CDN # only an issue for people calling you? (i.e. they incur a LD fee). I assume calling from a US MJ # to Canada is free under this service.
You can call landline or cellphone free to NA, anywhere as long as you have high speed internet. Even when you are out of NA.
It means you can also receive phone calls to your mj no. from anywhere even from other countries as long as they dial your mj no. and of course your mj is on.