Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

MagicJack from the source!!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2010 1:38 pm
Tags:
Nov 26, 2008
27 posts
4 upvotes
Ottawa
Had the MJ for a year and a half and love it.
Got it locally for $50 cash in Ottawa and just bought one for my sister in law for the same price.I have a US number.
and btw the first year is free then $19.99/yr or $59.99/5yrs
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
6178 posts
620 upvotes
Quebec
tasamy wrote: $15 shipping. Thanks anyway!
Most local cheap and refurbished electronics stores will carry it. I know that electro-tel and electro-whatever in Montreal have it. Call them up and ask. 40$.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
9510 posts
624 upvotes
Toronto
- quote -
Use our Phone Service for free, make all the free calls you please. 100% Risk FREE - you pay nothing. (Hurry, less than 10,000 magicJacks are eligible to be shipped for the Free Trial Offer Today, Wednesday, December 02, 2009. This offer is not available in stores and will expire.)

http://www.magicjack.com/1/index.asp
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
Feb 6, 2006
557 posts
35 upvotes
can2000 wrote: - quote -
Use our Phone Service for free, make all the free calls you please. 100% Risk FREE - you pay nothing. (Hurry, less than 10,000 magicJacks are eligible to be shipped for the Free Trial Offer Today, Wednesday, December 02, 2009. This offer is not available in stores and will expire.)

http://www.magicjack.com/1/index.asp
i ordered my 1st mj last year and the same promo. ordered again last night, and the same. so anyways i get 1 extra month free plus i know they always have stock.
Banned
Apr 4, 2006
490 posts
6 upvotes
tasamy wrote: These numbers were offered to me while registering my magicjack last week from their website.
Wow as of Nov 19th, they added CA area codes! That's good news because once you login to their online portal, you can change your PHONE # w/o penalty one time.
Sep 21, 2006
631 posts
232 upvotes
Amherstview
rinottawa wrote: Why don't you buy it from FactoryDirect and pay less? It sells for $39.99 brand new and instock.

http://www.factorydirect.ca/catalog/pro ... ode=MJ1000
Just for clarrification, the FD one will come with 1 year subscription? If so, considering I am in the GTA, that would be cheaper than the US site promo they have going right(1st month free)?
Oct 31, 2003
863 posts
140 upvotes
Woodbridge
LNahid2000 wrote: I've been using MagicJack with an American number for a couple of years now and it's great. I don't even have a phone line so I use MagicJack or my prepaid cell phone to make all my phone calls.
Great?!

You gotta be kidding me...where are you located? Im in the GTA and I have fiddled with the this pos to the point of now acknowledging that I have truly and fully wasted my time and money.

The issue is that MJ has oversold their servers and now cannot handle the traffic. Another issue I had was that my outgoing audio is garbled but my incoming audio is fine. People say Im chopping up constantly but I can still hear them ok.

What kind of device is it when tech support tells you that you have to turn off your anti-virus because its incompatible with MJ? Tech support is all done via a chat interface and they want you to fiddle around with cosmetic "fixes" and in the end doesn't work and waste hours of time.

I have configured my router for different ports; I have logged onto different proxy servers from NY, MI, CO, GA, CA, probably all across the USA! And nothing, this service is crap.

If you have great service, please tell me where you are located and I can configure my MJ to point towards your approximate server. Let us know what you did to get great service! because I have done EVERYTHING imaginable and wasted hours and hours of time to configure this pos. I have a great upload and download connection and I have gone onto the internet "bareback" via my modem directly and nothing is fixed. The issue is definitely on their end!

Save your money folks and pay a little more for better service!

Cheers :D
Sep 29, 2008
22 posts
6 upvotes
My 2 cents...
As long as you are not bothered to have a computer running 24hrs in your home or basement, Magic Jack is running well.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2007
1228 posts
484 upvotes
Calgary
So lets say if I get 2 magicJack and get 2 separate US numbers.
I ship one to my friend in HK or or somewhere, we can chat for Free? Can they call anywhere in NA free?
Oct 18, 2006
115 posts
74 upvotes
has anybody been able to change their number? I have a magic jack and when i login it doesnt list any canadian numbers as options.
Banned
Jul 16, 2003
10397 posts
1468 upvotes
Toronto
This thing is amazing. Working PERFECTLY for me for a couple of months.

I'd love to get a canadian #, but like others I logged to my account and cannot select a canadian number.
Andre Oliveira - Mortgage Agent
Mortgage Intelligence - FSCO# 10428
Sep 9, 2008
260 posts
6 upvotes
nightwing12 wrote: has anybody been able to change their number? I have a magic jack and when i login it doesnt list any canadian numbers as options.
I just chat with them and they said if you already have a magic jack with US number, you can not change it to a canadian number, but canadian numbers are available for new magic jack (that has not been registered)
Oct 18, 2006
115 posts
74 upvotes
ya they just told me in chat the same thing, but when i originally bought the thing they said differently.. so im still in chat and elevated to a higher level to see if they can do anything for me. Its $10/year extra for the cdn number.. which id be willing to pay for sure.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2006
1589 posts
359 upvotes
GTA
so how does this work with prepaid phones and cell phones that are on plans :o ?
Nov 26, 2009
34 posts
2 upvotes
Waterloo
abighead wrote: My 2 cents...
As long as you are not bothered to have a computer running 24hrs in your home or basement, Magic Jack is running well.
if you have to pay for the electricity, would that cost over $10/month?
Sep 9, 2008
260 posts
6 upvotes
nightwing12 wrote: ya they just told me in chat the same thing, but when i originally bought the thing they said differently.. so im still in chat and elevated to a higher level to see if they can do anything for me. Its $10/year extra for the cdn number.. which id be willing to pay for sure.
Hey nightwing, good luck, let me know how it goes
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
13813 posts
2942 upvotes
Vancouver
laptop-tech wrote: This thing is amazing. Working PERFECTLY for me for a couple of months.

I'd love to get a canadian #, but like others I logged to my account and cannot select a canadian number.
Is that your dog? :cheesygri
Jan 1, 2007
384 posts
61 upvotes
According to the chat I had with Magicjack today, people will soon be able to select Canadian numbers from my.magicjack.com soon without having to buy another one.
Dec 5, 2003
233 posts
could this be set up as a 24-7 fax line?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5135 posts
54 upvotes
NG wrote: Does MagicJack issue Canadian phone nuimbers yet?

If so it's kinda odd a Bell owned store would be selling a cometiting product with their service so directly.
Doesn't the Source also sell Rogers phones?
I know in a lot of locations they do :lol: exept maybe not at the mall beside by house as that Source store does not know how to display the phones or sell them (but that is another issues).

I think the source will sell anything that makes them money, they don't really care that much what the items are :lol:

As much as i know Rogers competes w Bell also?