Shopping Discussion

Mail was sent in mid October from London, UK. I still haven't received it yet.

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2019 11:09 am
Oct 7, 2008
244 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto

Mail was sent in mid October from London, UK. I still haven't received it yet.

Mail was sent to me from my employer in London, UK last mid October but it still hasn't arrived yet. I just assumed it was due to the Canada Post strike causing the delay. Should I have received my mail by now? I don't know what type of shipping they used. Thanks
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6737 posts
3998 upvotes
Toronto
Yes, unless it's surface mail maybe? Regular airmail is usually two weeks or less.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2007
3338 posts
602 upvotes
GVR
If it's stuck in customs, I've had a package take 3-4 months to clear and that's without a postal strike.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2008
7022 posts
2907 upvotes
Victoria, BC
I think OP means Letter Mail - not a package that has to be reviewed by Customs.

Quite likely that it was sent Surface Mail and that can certainly take more than 3 months. It will show up eventually.

If the mailing clerk at OP's UK employer wasn't in the habit of sending out mail to Canada they would not be aware of how long the surface option can take.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
9925 posts
7089 upvotes
Mississauga
It obviously wasn’t that important of a document if the OP’s employer sent it lettermail rather than courier.
Sep 28, 2017
704 posts
472 upvotes
its due to the strike... guaranteed. i ordered an atari retro handheld back in september and it shipped sept 3rd and it still has not arrived. it arrived in canada sept 16th and was scanned in mississauga. and hasn't moved since then.... i'm sure lettermail is the same. especially when it's been proven they have roughly 500 trailers of mail just sitting in yards waiting to be processed.

maybe your employer can email the stuff to you. if not then it may be around march or april till stuff arrives.
no matter where you go, there you are.