Maintenance Cost of C Class after 4 Years

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 28th, 2021 10:27 am
[OP]
Jul 14, 2010
11 posts
1 upvote

Maintenance Cost of C Class after 4 Years

Just wanted to get a general idea about maintenance cost for C class, GLC or C class coupe. Especially after 4 years. Anyone would like to share?
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
9268 posts
8552 upvotes
I had a W205 C43

4 years in, you are probably looking at rear brakes pads and battery if not done already. I had both of those done in year 2 and 3 but both are done under warranty. Otherwise, it's just normal scheduled maintenance.

Overall, it's the most reliable car I had given I drive like an asshole most of the time (also why I burn the rear brakes in under 2 years due to brake torque vectoring. I took it on the frozen lake a few times didn't help.)

Currently in a X253 GLC43, although under COVID I drove a lot less, knock on wood, has been good.

Go hang around MBworld.org for more experience. This is anecdotal and I have never owned a German after warranty. But know friends who had W204/W203s past warranty and just say they are on first name bases with local mechanic. And another bought a W220 S class because the price is attractive, it's was the biggest mistake ever.

All I can say is there was way more horror stories from MB during the same years they owned Chrysler.
Feb 24, 2006
51 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
W204 C300 here, it's a daily driver for me since 2011.

It has been been pretty problem-free (knock on wood as well). Aside from the service A & B rotations, I've had to do the following over the years (maybe missing some smaller items):
- Seatbelt buckle which triggered an SRS message
- Thermostat
- Front & rear rotors, pads
- Front control arms

Next up will likely be replacing the intake manifold in the near future for a broken flap linkage (it's just annoying since it triggers a light when it gets colder outside).

Thankfully nothing really major, and agreed with the poster above, mbworld.org is a wonderful resource. Diagnosed and did some DIYs on a few small things here and there. Just keep in mind your results may vary, especially depending on the generation and engine, I don't believe there is a blanket/general statement that can cover all the years, even if solely talking about C classes.
Go Pens go!!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6727 posts
4296 upvotes
Toronto
Get the w206, interior looks so much nicer. Nothibg special on exterior, CLA has better rear end imo.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
31913 posts
18920 upvotes
Toronto
spark plugs change at year 4 or 75,000km
AT fluid and filter change at 120,000km
brake fluid change once every 2 yrs
In take Air filter change (if not done previously)
In cabin filter change once every 2 yrs
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
12353 posts
4860 upvotes
Toronto
Xtrema wrote: I had a W205 C43

4 years in, you are probably looking at rear brakes pads and battery if not done already. I had both of those done in year 2 and 3 but both are done under warranty. Otherwise, it's just normal scheduled maintenance.

Overall, it's the most reliable car I had given I drive like an asshole most of the time (also why I burn the rear brakes in under 2 years due to brake torque vectoring. I took it on the frozen lake a few times didn't help.)

LOL, I replaced my C43's rear rotors and battery after 3 years, I thought i was bad with the brakes but I guess I'm not the worse. Face With Tears Of Joy

Yes, my 2017 is reliable so far, nothing major.

Oil change annually at about $180 (private European specialize garage), maybe i can do it cheaper elsewhere but lazy to search.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
3234 posts
2083 upvotes
Markham
Xtrema wrote: Go hang around MBworld.org for more experience. This is anecdotal and I have never owned a German after warranty. But know friends who had W204/W203s past warranty and just say they are on first name bases with local mechanic. And another bought a W220 S class because the price is attractive, it's was the biggest mistake ever.
This pretty much sums it up.