• Jun 20th, 2015 8:46 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36997 posts
11419 upvotes
Ottawa
mr_raider wrote: I took the car to my trusted INDEPENDANT mechanic. He removed all the wheels and carefully inspected them. There was no rust or signs of damage. His best assessment is that some pinhead forgot to torque the bolts on one wheel. Didn't follow proper shop procedure.
OK but, as was said to you in this thread and the other, errors happen. Perhaps you should have gone to your "trusted INDEPENDENT mechanic" in the first place because he never makes an error.
Anyway, it is still no reason for you to besmirch all dealers. Not all dealers made the error on your cr, only one and only an individual at that one.
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”
Temp. Banned
Jun 18, 2008
5095 posts
4664 upvotes
Montreal
mr_raider wrote: I took the car to my trusted INDEPENDANT mechanic. He removed all the wheels and carefully inspected them. There was no rust or signs of damage. His best assessment is that some pinhead forgot to torque the bolts on one wheel. Didn't follow proper shop procedure.
You think your INDEPENDANT (sic) mechanic or his staff are perfect? You'd better have a system in place to check all work because this undoubtedly can happen again at some point.

Many years ago, took a pair of suit pants to a tailor to get shortened. Picked it up, never bothered to check, one leg was shortened one was not. Improvised by lifting the longer leg and taped it as best I could. Went back to see the tailor, he apologized. Others walked in for fittings, he got distracted for a half hour, thought he was finished my pants and put it away. Silly but honest mistake. Moral of the story and a great lesson for me as a young man....never expect human perfection in an imperfect world. Trust but verify.