Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Majer Hockey annual Sale May 28th

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2015 1:13 am
[OP]
Mar 22, 2007
11 posts
1 upvote

Majer Hockey annual Sale May 28th

Deal Link:
Expiry:
June 1, 2015
So I was at Majer Hockey today to get my skates done real quick before my game. They told me they're having their yearly sale, and Joe gave me a really good deal on a pair of goalie pants.
they're on dufferin, M3H 5S4
4610 dufferin st. north york ontario
I think they have more sale on May 28th.
this sale only happens once a year.... so definitely stop by at least. I know I will.
20 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
3906 posts
1027 upvotes
Toronto
Any other details on this sale? Their website is rudimentary at best
Apr 20, 2004
207 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto
this place is okay....usually over priced. but i won't shop their simply because of the old man that works there...he is so angry and miserable it makes for a terrible experience
Mar 6, 2006
105 posts
17 upvotes
unreg991 wrote: this place is okay....usually over priced. but i won't shop their simply because of the old man that works there...he is so angry and miserable it makes for a terrible experience
he's much friendlier after you drop couple of g's...
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2005
2006 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto
scookie wrote: he's much friendlier after you drop couple of g's...
Not gonna drop a couple g's unless you're friendly.

Sounds like he was a hockey coach back in his day.
Nov 28, 2006
227 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
I remember the sale last year being pretty good.
Dec 25, 2012
114 posts
14 upvotes
MAPLE
I love this store. Surprised you found the old man to be rude, him and the rest of their staff have always been very friendly to me on every visit.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2003
1408 posts
11 upvotes
Mississauga
got my skates (one100) from there almost 5 years ago on their christmas sale. pretty good staff and they have some decent prices, you just have to do your own due diligence and compare.
are you not entertained?!
[OP]
Mar 22, 2007
11 posts
1 upvote
hitman_24 wrote: Any other details on this sale? Their website is rudimentary at best
as far as I was told the entire store will be on sale.
pads/blockers/catchers = 25% off minimum masks = 20% off pants/ chest = 15% off skates = 20% and something about sticks about buying 2 or something.
unreg991 wrote: this place is okay....usually over priced. but i won't shop their simply because of the old man that works there...he is so angry and miserable it makes for a terrible experience
Ya I find their stuff to be pretty expensive most of the times, but lets face it, its not a cheap sport. With that being said, however, when they have their yearly sale, the prices are great. Which is why I'm posting it on here.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10284 posts
4741 upvotes
Toronto
he sounds like a majer pia
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
1403 posts
491 upvotes
Any opinions on the ccm rbz and Graf skates? Graf seems like a great deal $700 Reg $200 sale?
Dec 25, 2012
114 posts
14 upvotes
MAPLE
I believe Grafs are suited for those with wider feet. I'm not sure about ccm's.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2007
3973 posts
1268 upvotes
i bought a pair of Mission skates years ago... when i had to get a new one, i did not like the bauer, reebok or ccm... the grafs just felt right.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
3906 posts
1027 upvotes
Toronto
Meridian wrote: Any opinions on the ccm rbz and Graf skates? Graf seems like a great deal $700 Reg $200 sale?
I'm a longtime graf wearer and supporter. I had the g75s and they were the worst Graf's I've ever had. I like many others had the ankle support bend after only a few uses. Went back to the G5 ultras.
Dec 28, 2006
758 posts
333 upvotes
Meridian wrote: Any opinions on the ccm rbz and Graf skates? Graf seems like a great deal $700 Reg $200 sale?
RBZ skates fit wide (heel, forefoot, toe), are highly responsive to heat and fit larger than most skates - people in other CCM skates usually have to drop down at least half a size with the RBZ.

The most important thing when it comes to skates is the proper fit for your foot type. You want a skate where it's as snug as possible without causing pain or pressure points. Your toes should lightly brush the cap and your heel should not move when you walk around the store. You also want to make sure the skate is deep enough for your foot - a simple way to test for this is to pull the tongue out, put a pencil across the 4th eyelets from the top - if your foot is just under the pencil that's a good fit, if the pencil is resting on your foot and not the eyelets then the skate is too shallow and if your foot is way under the pencil the skate is too deep.

You should try on as many brands, models and sizes as you can and then when you have it narrowed down to a few you like, take the time to walk around in those models for 20-30 minutes to see how they feel and if they give you any hot spots. Set aside a good chunk of time for proper skate fitting.

One very common mistake people make is to go up in length to accomidate for a wider foot. If you put on a size 9D (regular width) and the length is ideal, but it feels like your skate is in a vice, do not go up to a 9.5 - try a 9E, 9EE or 9W. If that's not the right fit try another model or brand. Finding the perfect fit for your foot can be time consuming, but it's worth it if you're able to skate comfortably for long periods of time.

If one of the models on sale is a good fit then it'll be a solid purchase, but if they don't fit well don't buy them. Try on everything and if the skate that fits best isn't on sale then at least you know what size and model to try to find on sale in the future. I think most models will have at least a small percentage off - it'll be the older models that have the deeper discounts. The RBZ is being cleared out to make room for the upcoming CCM Superfast skate. I picked up Easton Makos on clearance after the Mako 2 was released (the Makos are the most comfortable skates I've ever worn).
callitkarma wrote: I believe Grafs are suited for those with wider feet. I'm not sure about ccm's.
Graf makes several models of skates with different fits. I don't have a lot of experience with Grafs, but the fitters at Majer Hockey should be able to help you find the right model for your foot.
Mar 20, 2006
91 posts
12 upvotes
York
I used to work at majer hockey for a long time, sorry you had a bad experience, you must have caught him at a bad time, hes really a good guy.

As for prices they are competitive with all major hockey retailers source, hockey life etc...

It comes down to service and knowledge of the product, this is what the owner Joel has always believed, and it is where he and his staff excel.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
1403 posts
491 upvotes
Thanks athoma.I know comfort and proper fit is the most important. My feet are wide and ccm or Bauer Nexus would be ideal. My current pair is about 10 years old and figured it's time for a new pair. Never tried Graf before. When I see skates heavily discounted like this, I'm concerned it's because they didn't sell well (perhaps people didn't like them). I remembered trying on Easton s17 or s19 (don't recall). They were so stiff that it was uncomfortable. Also, apparently everything was glued together rather than stitched. Couldn't believe they were top of the line.
Dec 28, 2006
758 posts
333 upvotes
Meridian wrote: Thanks athoma.I know comfort and proper fit is the most important. My feet are wide and ccm or Bauer Nexus would be ideal. My current pair is about 10 years old and figured it's time for a new pair. Never tried Graf before. When I see skates heavily discounted like this, I'm concerned it's because they didn't sell well (perhaps people didn't like them). I remembered trying on Easton s17 or s19 (don't recall). They were so stiff that it was uncomfortable. Also, apparently everything was glued together rather than stitched. Couldn't believe they were top of the line.
If your feet are wide the RBZ might be a good fit. Here's a detailed long term review from someone who used them: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showt ... ?t=1464383

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)