Food & Drink

Major changes at my local Subway. Now have toasted subs !

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2004 2:30 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2002
1516 posts
508 upvotes

Major changes at my local Subway. Now have toasted subs !

For those who like Quiznos, the local Subway I goto now toats subs with this oven like contraption (not a conveyor), that in my opinion is 10X better than Quiznos.

It does an AWESOME job of toasting the whole sandwich and they will toast any sub on the menu !

I am not sure if this is a test market for this, but they have also changed from Pepsi to Coke.

Nice changes, and not the high prices from Quiznos to boot !

Positive changes as far as I am concerned !
:cheesygri
What dancing banana ?
26 replies
Jan 13, 2004
153 posts
9 upvotes
Windsor, ON
They didn't charge extra for me.

My city has it too, unless we are talking about the same city (Peterborough, ON)

I dont' like the toasting, way too dry, and the toasting is uneven. (cold inside, hot outside)
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2001
2191 posts
140 upvotes
Vancouver
They've been here for at least a month now although some locations are slow to add the machines. Still not as good as Quiznos IMHO. :|
Dec 7, 2002
816 posts
I don't think it's the test market, I've seen a few commercials about the new "Chicken Bacon Ranch" or whatever it's called, and it lists it as a toasted sub.
Oct 20, 2002
233 posts
4 upvotes
Burnaby
bleh, I went to subway for lunch yesterday ordered a "toasted" sub. All they did was throw it into the microwave. :mad:
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2003
11504 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Been to a few Subways recently, no toasting of any kind. Maybe it was because I was getting the 6" specials for $3...

BTW, is the daily specials for 6"/$3 all gone? The locations I've seen recently only have crappy photocopies/handwritten offerings of cold cut/pizza subs of that size and price, the previous menus are all gone for that deal. :(
Heatware | eBay | (Last updated 12-28-2008)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7050 posts
849 upvotes
Alberta
Tried toasted subs at both Quizno's and Subway....Quizno's subs still taste better.

Dave
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
1084 posts
3 upvotes
Côte Saint-Luc
i saw it today too .... FINALLY !

no more reason for Quizno's to exist ! yipee!
Create your own custom Avatar @ AbiStation
Feb 26, 2004
374 posts
9 upvotes
My regular place in Ottawa has had this for a week or 2. It's just a square oven that they warm the sub in. I prefer it to Quiznos, personally.

to wanted: They toast the sub before they add the vegetables and sauce

FYI: Heard that Mickey D's might be selling subs in the near future too.
Nov 26, 2003
225 posts
1 upvote
The tuna and cheese toasted is soo yummy!!! its not liquidy

The change from pepsi to coke is supposed to be in all franchises by now, its a nationwide thing

Its FREE to get your sub toasted! and depending on which place you go, you have to tell them that you want it toasted before they started making it with the veggies.

I work @ subway :D
Feb 26, 2004
374 posts
9 upvotes
Bordrr wrote:
Its FREE to get your sub toasted! and depending on which place you go, you have to tell them that you want it toasted before they started making it with the veggies.

I work @ subway :D
1 thing though... I hate how the wax paper they put it on turns yellow after coming out of the oven. Kinda unappetizing.
:confused:
Dec 7, 2002
816 posts
Smoove wrote:1 thing though... I hate how the wax paper they put it on turns yellow after coming out of the oven. Kinda unappetizing.
:confused:
That's just the nature of wax paper, not much you can do about it, aside from using something else.
Apr 20, 2004
206 posts
32 upvotes
First Subway, now McDonald's. Are these chains feeling the heat from Quiznos? I didn't realize how popular they must be. I've yet to have a toasted sub.