Food & Drink

Major changes at my local Subway. Now have toasted subs !

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2004 2:30 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 7, 2002
816 posts
trippingmartian wrote:First Subway, now McDonald's. Are these chains feeling the heat from Quiznos? I didn't realize how popular they must be. I've yet to have a toasted sub.
Same here, can't be bothered to go the distance to the local Quiznos here, and even if I did, it's pretty damned expensive compared to what I'd usually pay for a dinner out.
Nov 26, 2003
87 posts
Bordrr wrote:
The change from pepsi to coke is supposed to be in all franchises by now, its a nationwide thing
We have the toaster oven but they are still selling pepsi not coke.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2003
2293 posts
66 upvotes
Mississauga
Curiosity wrote:For those who like Quiznos, the local Subway I goto now toats subs with this oven like contraption (not a conveyor), that in my opinion is 10X better than Quiznos.

It does an AWESOME job of toasting the whole sandwich and they will toast any sub on the menu !

I am not sure if this is a test market for this, but they have also changed from Pepsi to Coke.

Nice changes, and not the high prices from Quiznos to boot !

Positive changes as far as I am concerned !
:cheesygri
What city is your local Subway in?
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
10164 posts
1115 upvotes
Brampton
hamilton got it
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 59-0-0 and counting.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2002
4224 posts
856 upvotes
Ottawa
If they toast your sub, make sure they do it with the sandwich open, after they put on the meat and cheese, but before they put on the veggies and sauce.

I wasn't charged extra for the privelige and it was a nice change.

Not all Subways have the toasting oven yet. It's a big stainless steel box about twice the size of a microwave. Quite obvious and you'll see it if they have it.
Feb 2, 2003
843 posts
1 upvote
I heard the toaster oven is a "gift" to franchisees who switched from pepsi to coke
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2002
1516 posts
508 upvotes
rookie wrote:What city is your local Subway in?

London, Ontario...Highbury Ave. and Hamilton Rd.
What dancing banana ?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2002
3914 posts
1 upvote
sumfunny wrote:I heard the toaster oven is a "gift" to franchisees who switched from pepsi to coke
My local Subway switched to Coke, but they don't have toasted subs. At least, not yet, anyways. I'll ask the next time I am there if they'll be getting that toaster oven anytime soon.
My DVDs for sale

"I want you to step back from the guacamole dip! I want you to put the chicken fingers down!"

U2 360 Tour in Vancouver, 2 Tickets for sale http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/pair ... -a-805801/
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
4794 posts
337 upvotes
Ancaster
What I want to know is if they still have those sub cards.....where you collect 8 stamps to get a sub
I alway ask and they always "don't have any"
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2004
6566 posts
165 upvotes
Vancouver
Wassup Doc wrote:bleh, I went to subway for lunch yesterday ordered a "toasted" sub. All they did was throw it into the microwave. :mad:
I dont think here we have toasted subs at Subway, yet.
Mar 10, 2004
271 posts
Toasted Chicken Bacon Ranch foot-long sub - $9.21 + tax
Non-Toasted Chicken Bacon Ranch foot-long - $5.59 + tax

Yah, that was worth it! And I was still hungry afterwards and had to go to McDonalds.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2001
1020 posts
58 upvotes
Irrguy wrote:Toasted Chicken Bacon Ranch foot-long sub - $9.21 + tax
Non-Toasted Chicken Bacon Ranch foot-long - $5.59 + tax

Yah, that was worth it! And I was still hungry afterwards and had to go to McDonalds.
Wow, that's really expensive. You can eat at a real restaurant for less than those prices!! For a mere $4.75 I had lunch this weekend at the Richmond Public Market and had leftovers for dinner as well.

I noticed that McDonalds sells toasted subs now too. I don't know how big they are but I believe they are $4.99 each and you can make it a combo for a couple of bucks more.