Major Hwy 401 Construction Project - Warden to Neilson Westbound - Completion 2024
NOTICE OF CONSTRUCTION
Highway 401 Westbound Core and Collector Lanes from Neilson Rd. to Warden Ave.
The Ministry of Transportation (MTO) is undertaking improvements to the Highway 401 Westbound Core and Collector Lanes from Neilson Rd to Warden Ave. MTO has awarded the construction contract to Brennan Construction Construction for this season has started and the project is expected to be complete by late 2024
The purpose of the project is to rehabilitate and extend the service life of the highway infrastructure. Key components of the construction contract include
- Highway 401 Westbound Core and Collector lanes pavement rehabilitation, concrete base repairs and asphalt resurfacing and widening of Highway 401 Westbound collectors between Neilson and Warden
- Removal and replacement of existing noise barrier wall for approximately 1.2 km Including and replacement of clearing trees on either side of the existing wall (sue noto below)
- Replacement of the bridges carrying Hwy 401 over Birchmount Rd. Kennedy Rd, CPR Metrolinx, Midland Ave and Markham Rd
- Rehabilitation of rehabilitation of the bridge carrying Neilson Rd, over Milner Ave
- Removal and replacement of existing chain link fence along the MTO property line, including clearing trees within MTO property along the existing fence line (see note below)
Throughout the project, various traffic stages will be implemented and periodic off-peak (generally nighttime) lane closures on both Highway 401 and the interchange ramps will be required to complete components of the construction work. There will be several partial weekend closures of the Highway 401 Westbound Collector lanes to facilitate the rehabilitation and reconstruction of the pavement structure.
Construction roadway signing will be employed to provide motorists with advanced notice of upcoming closures. When necessary, signed detours will be provided.
Please note the following Traditionally, the MTO highway property some small structures personal property have been placed against the fence, encroaching slightly onto MTO property It is advised that all personal property be removed/relocaled from this area prior to the removal of the existing noise barrier wall or chain link fence in March 2020 has installed noise barrier wall or chain link fence approximately 30cm inside the line, to allow for future fence repair and maintenance MTO is aware that over time some small structures/personal property have been placed against the fence, encroaching slightly onto MTO property. It is advised all personal property be removed/relocated from this area prior to the removal of the existing noise barrier wall or chain link fence in March 2020.
Residents adjacent to the project are advised that higher than normal noise levels resulting from construction are anticipated during the scheduled works. Standard noise mitigation measures pertaining to equipment maintenance and operation will be implemented as part of the contract
Questions regarding construction may be directed to Saeed Shalchian, P.Eng Contract Administrator
GHD Limited, at 2019-2011 giang.com, or 4163353011
Moola Moola Moola