Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Makegoodfood

Makegoodfood $85 off first order

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2023 2:48 pm
Sep 27, 2011
39 posts
69 upvotes
WALLACEBURG
I ordered groceries. Whole order went through no problem with $85 discount applied.
After I received single email that order was on the way I checked and seen I was charged a full $98
I argued in chat with them but they would not budge. They said because I had previously had an account with them (a year ago) under a different email that coupon was not valid. I argued that I should have been notified or order cancelled but they would not budge. This was after like an hour of back and forth in the chat. They would not budge and refund, any help or suggestions?.
Aug 6, 2013
63 posts
105 upvotes
Delta
jamieb27 wrote: I ordered groceries. Whole order went through no problem with $85 discount applied.
After I received single email that order was on the way I checked and seen I was charged a full $98
I argued in chat with them but they would not budge. They said because I had previously had an account with them (a year ago) under a different email that coupon was not valid. I argued that I should have been notified or order cancelled but they would not budge. This was after like an hour of back and forth in the chat. They would not budge and refund, any help or suggestions?.
Same problem with me. I opened a dispute with my credit card issuer.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
1568 posts
1210 upvotes
jamieb27 wrote: I ordered groceries. Whole order went through no problem with $85 discount applied.
chargeback
Sep 27, 2011
39 posts
69 upvotes
WALLACEBURG
I was definitely thinking charge back to credit card, but how does that work with the food arriving to my door tomorrow? Also Goodfood seems to be good at hiding their tracks, they even cancelled my account before I asked them to at the end of the conversation. The site seems intentionally designed to give out less account information.
Oct 2, 2015
639 posts
314 upvotes
Milton, ON
jamieb27 wrote: I was definitely thinking charge back to credit card, but how does that work with the food arriving to my door tomorrow? Also Goodfood seems to be good at hiding their tracks, they even cancelled my account before I asked them to at the end of the conversation. The site seems intentionally designed to give out less account information.
Do you have a receipt or screenshot anywhere showing that your order was meant to be $0?
Sep 27, 2011
39 posts
69 upvotes
WALLACEBURG
Just to update now yes I had a single email from them when I ordered that strangely showed I ordered a classic basket meal plan and that after coupon I owed $1.94
So not even the groceries I thought I ordered. They still in nicer words said tough shit. I shouldn't use coupons from third party sites (which I never said), I had a different account last year, and coupon doesn't apply to groceries they were really sorry but couldn't help me. No refunds or anything. And this was several conversations.
Finally I did a dispute with my Mastercard, and let them know I did and that I tried to work with them. 5 minutes later I got an email that they are refunding my card $85 and that I could no longer have accounts with them lol
Problem solved!