• Oct 27th, 2009 8:48 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
9062 posts
864 upvotes
Toronto

Making money from internet ads

Anyone here rely on internet ads to make money on their sites?
8 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2004
3806 posts
58 upvotes
You can Try Chitika I really like the fact that they have this option that it will only display ads to the people who are coming from search engine traffic =)
Oct 14, 2009
549 posts
521 upvotes
Rothesay
Nice clean looking site you've got there! I have to say that I like it. Adding internet ads to your site will only detract from it's overall appeal I would think. You may want to consider affiliate marketing instead if there are any products you can sell that go hand in hand with your content in an unobtrusive manner.
Sep 28, 2009
70 posts
3 upvotes
British Columbia
I have google adsense and advertisers/sponsors on my car enthusiast forum site which pays off pretty darn good.
Nov 4, 2008
380 posts
15 upvotes
This is a very tough business, something that requires more than just putting ads up.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2004
3806 posts
58 upvotes
Kalvster wrote: This is a very tough business, something that requires more than just putting ads up.

yep the catch is HIGH Traffic =)
Feb 13, 2009
18 posts
Ottawa
I agree. My website was getting about 3000 visits per month, and I made about $25 dollars from AdSense in 5 Months. You need a ridiculous amount of traffic, and the content of your site should attract high paying ads.

For instance, my website was geared towards restaurant advertising and I would get on average 25cents per click. On the other hand, my friends website was geared towards education and scheduling, and many of his Adsense ads were universities and colleges that would pay him on average $1.50/click.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2004
3806 posts
58 upvotes
gsanchez wrote: I agree. My website was getting about 3000 visits per month, and I made about $25 dollars from AdSense in 5 Months. You need a ridiculous amount of traffic, and the content of your site should attract high paying ads.

For instance, my website was geared towards restaurant advertising and I would get on average 25cents per click. On the other hand, my friends website was geared towards education and scheduling, and many of his Adsense ads were universities and colleges that would pay him on average $1.50/click.
Yeah that traffic is very low to make good money. That's about 100 visitors a day. I have one website pulling in an average traffic about 10, 000 a day that pulls in some pretty good money. Also the location of yours AD's matter as well I have seen websites that I have accidentally click on the ads thinking its part of the website because they are so well blended in.
Aug 5, 2009
30 posts
Toronto, Canada
In order to make a decent income, you need good traffic and a website that serves a specific topic (niche).

I have written some material on the topic of making money using mini websites. PM me if you need that URL.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)