Tags:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
50526 posts
14877 upvotes
ONTARIO

Making weird (but not detrimental mistakes) at work

What do you do if you make a weird mistake at work? What is your opinion of these weird mistakes?

Example... showing up for your shift 5 hours early.

And showing up on a holiday.

Person doesnt clock in or log these hours. Its just “whoops. Time to go home.”

It doesnt screw anyone or anything up. But just kind of an awkward blunder.
10 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2015
4130 posts
4027 upvotes
Toronto
UrbanPoet wrote: What do you do if you make a weird mistake at work? What is your opinion of these weird mistakes?

Example... showing up for your shift 5 hours early.

And showing up on a holiday.

Person doesnt clock in or log these hours. Its just “whoops. Time to go home.”

It doesnt screw anyone or anything up. But just kind of an awkward blunder.
Is that why you posted this today?
To the moon
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2018
1286 posts
1580 upvotes
As long as you're not asking to be paid for those hours, then what's the big deal?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
6701 posts
6296 upvotes
Weird kind of like this thread? lol. I have noticed a lot of the threads you start fringe on the weird these days e.g. this thread it's so vague not sure what we could possibly tell your or what you could glean from the answers.

But at any rate, it may be indication of a health issue (emotional, physical, or mental). For example, emotional - it could be that you're just checked out of this job so you're making absent-minded mistakes. Physical - could indication of disease that creates memory loss or confusion like Alzheimer's. Mental could be due to stress, lockdown, overworked, depression, anxiety.

Hope all is well.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2007
3974 posts
1269 upvotes
I had something similar... I had been off for like 3 weeks (Dec and christmas break). When it was Jan 2 and time to go to work, I woke up a bit early and had everything and drove to work. As I was driving, I looked at the clock thought "wow, I'm making good time!" and half way through, I realized I forgot my laptop... I had to drive back home and ended up being 30min later then I wanted. I don't need to clock it but kinda annoying that I forgot something I needed that is quite important...
RFD is bad for your wallet's health 😂
Rogers EPP - $40/6gb, unlimited NA plan (roaming included)
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2402 posts
1210 upvotes
hierophant wrote: Weird kind of like this thread? lol. I have noticed a lot of the threads you start fringe on the weird these days e.g. this thread it's so vague not sure what we could possibly tell your or what you could glean from the answers.

But at any rate, it may be indication of a health issue (emotional, physical, or mental). For example, emotional - it could be that you're just checked out of this job so you're making absent-minded mistakes. Physical - could indication of disease that creates memory loss or confusion like Alzheimer's. Mental could be due to stress, lockdown, overworked, depression, anxiety.

Hope all is well.
LMAO, I've been on this site for almost 15 years now, and this guy CONSTANTLY has the weirdest posts. Nothing to do with covid. I'm also thinking it would be helpful for OP to get some mental health assistance sooner rather than later.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2004
3384 posts
636 upvotes
Toronto
winner2000 wrote: LMAO, I've been on this site for almost 15 years now, and this guy CONSTANTLY has the weirdest posts. Nothing to do with covid. I'm also thinking it would be helpful for OP to get some mental health assistance sooner rather than later.
Let’s go a little easy we are in a pandemic. Ive read helpful posts from urban poet. I’ve done absent minded things when I have a lot on my mind especially when toxic family members act up.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
50526 posts
14877 upvotes
ONTARIO
CDNPatriot wrote: Let’s go a little easy we are in a pandemic. Ive read helpful posts from urban poet. I’ve done absent minded things when I have a lot on my mind especially when toxic family members act up.
That's true! some funny stats... I actually hold the RFD record for most threads (outside of hot deals) that have 100+ post.
I even have one in the careers forum that has turned into a mega thread.

your-road-elusive-50k-yr-realistic-sala ... 985819/28/

This massive 28 page behemoth.

I even have a decade+ old thread in home and garden thats like that too.

led-light-bulbs-499236/

This one is on LED light bulbs, started in 2007 waaaay before they were common. (at this time people were still making the switch to CFL). So I guess a pioneer of sorts, bringing discussion of cutting edge technology to RED before they were considered cutting edge eco friendly technology.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
5995 posts
1351 upvotes
Toronto
When I was a retail manager 15 years ago, I forgot to make the schedule for the following week. Usually I'd make it on Thurs or Fri for the following week that starts on Sunday.

I didn't realize until Tues that I forgot when I was counting hours to see if I could get something done.

Sun, Mon, Tues all the employees that usually work a schedule those days just showed up...lol.

It wouldn't work these days how most payroll, bookkeeping, scheduling programs, etc. is set up instead of a printed out spreadsheet, ink, and a clipboard.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
9121 posts
3012 upvotes
Mississauga
I showed up at the office on a Saturday one day. Was wondering why the parking lot was empty and why wasn't the office manager here yet. Took me a few minutes getting annoyed and then realized it was Saturday.

I've forgotten my laptop too many times. Sometimes I'm halfway to work and other times I get to the office and notice something's missing.
Last edited by Raggie on May 29th, 2021 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 8, 2007
5392 posts
1959 upvotes
Solution: Stop being weird.

Also, the posts about showing up to work on off days ... I find something so, so sad about that. Like man, this is where we are as a society. **Click**, **Whirr** ... initiate day-in day-out sequence.
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)