Expired Hot Deals

[Mandarin] FREE Buffet at Mandarin for Canadian Citizens on July 1! (Ontario)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2019 7:57 pm
Aug 12, 2012
761 posts
265 upvotes
Richmond Hill
2 years ago we ordered Mandarin takeout on Canada Day and totally forgot about this deal. I went to pick it up and the amount of people waiting was insane. Luckily, they were smart and saved some parking at the front for takeout customers, otherwise I'd be parking down the street. To save $20 or whatever it is, I would not waste that much time waiting around.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
3437 posts
1172 upvotes
Quebec
Bebo123 wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 1:42 pm
To answer your question, please sit down and enjoy reading some Dollarama threads here where people “brag” about driving to 14 different Dollarama locations to finally snag that elusive $4 “hot deal” item...
I do it all the time, when i do grocery, i like to visit them all to save 50¢, when i come back home i put 25$ gas.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
3437 posts
1172 upvotes
Quebec
roedoe wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 2:33 pm
Half price or even 25% off would create enough lineups already. This is just a marketing publicity trick...
I think your wrong, i am sure the owner just like to give food away in addition paying staff to give free food. They are like that, very generous peoples.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2002
2463 posts
299 upvotes
Durham Region
For the life of me I will never understand people who camp out or wait for hours to save a few $.
May 1, 2015
716 posts
415 upvotes
Toronto, ON
think most rfd people know better and will steer clear of deals like this. not worth the time for most people
Running successful Spotify group buy since June 2018
Running successful Netflix group buy since Dec 2017
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
4773 posts
3543 upvotes
Toronto
Upvoted, because I enjoy the mayhem photos posted on social media and the news after an event like this.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8106 posts
1065 upvotes
Pochacco wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 12:50 pm
Omg it's back !!!
b0ne wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 1:11 pm
I like that the Poster was created with Adobe InDesign, yet still looks like crap!
True. However, spending money on advertising for a free psycho circus event wouldn't be prudent. Sort of like a prison advertising, "Yes! We're open."
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2015
1520 posts
1028 upvotes
Canada
Here’s a better idea:

Sit ur ass in ur car driving around uber for 1 hour and get paid enough to go to a better buffet than mandarin.

Or

Doing live cam of your self in your bed and make more than enough...
Jul 9, 2017
47 posts
30 upvotes
The people that wait in line for this are the same people who wait 45 minutes to save $5 on gas.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
1359 posts
625 upvotes
Vancouver
i see a whole zoo of animals lining up
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8106 posts
1065 upvotes
HyperTech wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 2:27 pm
I personally hate buffets because of those that go to toilette, do their things and come back eating without washing their hands.

I can't imagine what kind of stuff staying on their hands and shared with everyone in the buffet

Meanwhile...

I am the guy with the kinda pink/orange shirt and brown t-shirt underneath.

My wife, the beautiful girl with green shirt, was there before me because i had to find a parking to park our cadillac escalade 2020
A couple who stands in line with their arms crossed together stays together. Now that's family bonding and I would certainly count that as spending time together, should she ever say that we don't spend any time together. And as a bonus you have proof - major score!
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
2496 posts
605 upvotes
Montreal
Just looking at those video on youtube ... it's kinda sad people willing to wait long hours just to eat a free meal... this ain't a 3rd world country.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 7, 2006
7333 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
superfresh89 wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 9:31 am
What the eff lol. I'm going to stay far, far away on July 1st...

The place is busy enough as it is.... people are going to get trampled over this lol
Buffet to die for...literally LOL
Nov 15, 2017
160 posts
402 upvotes
tarushin wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 3:06 pm
Just looking at those video on youtube ... it's kinda sad people willing to wait long hours just to eat a free meal... this ain't a 3rd world country.
Not just that, people that spend their time on this site looking for cheap stuff and criticizing others that might enjoy the social aspect of lining up for a free meal. I take more issue with people spending their whole day driving to the US just to save a few dollars while hurting the Canadian businesses.
Last edited by zebracobra007 on Jun 24th, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
3567 posts
2175 upvotes
Toronto and London
Better if Mandarin donated it to charity instead.

The worst of humanity will be on full display.