Expired Hot Deals

[Mandarin] FREE Buffet at Mandarin for Canadian Citizens on July 1! (Ontario)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2019 7:57 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
1658 posts
1932 upvotes
Toronto
zebracobra007 wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 3:16 pm
Not just that, people that spend their time on this site looking for cheap stuff and criticizing others that might enjoy the social aspect of lining up for a free meal. I take more issue with people spending their whole day driving to the US just to save a few dollars while hurting the Canadian businesses.
what are the "canadian" businesses thats hurting cause canadian goes over there to shop at target? lol...
Jul 18, 2015
141 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
zebracobra007 wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 3:16 pm
Not just that, people that spend their time on this site looking for cheap stuff and criticizing others that might enjoy the social aspect of lining up for a free meal. I take more issue with people spending their whole day driving to the US just to save a few dollars while hurting the Canadian businesses.
Exactly, why do people care so much? Its a national holiday, people are paid to stay home. Users on here saying they dont understand why anyone would do this while they sit in front of their computer all day or sleep in or watch the same movie for the third time.
Jun 3, 2007
345 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
tbernie wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 9:31 am
Wow, how busy will they be. Half of me wants to go, other half is weary about going.
I live nearby one of the locations. People start to line up the day before. I have seen the line start at the door, go up to Eglinton and over to Duplex! I will stay far away.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
7384 posts
1685 upvotes
Mississauga
No Thank You. I heard about the mob last year.
Mar 30, 2008
283 posts
293 upvotes
Toronto
I'd rather skip a meal. Hard pass.

Why can't Mardarin do a 50% off to thin the crowd? Or even full price with all proceeds donated to local charities?
Oct 30, 2012
145 posts
72 upvotes
PETERBOROUGH
mk316 wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 9:51 am
Okay they have done this many times before... I must say lineups are insanely long. Expect if your arrive after 9 am you're entering after 3 pm. And yes, the food quality is pretty bad compared to their normal standard.

Not that I have anything against the restaurant, just want people to not be disappointed.
And their normal standard is pretty bad.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2335 posts
519 upvotes
Belle River
bubble.tea wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 1:33 pm
...I say have your oldest hellspawn hold the line, rest of you show up in time....
gr8dlr wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 12:31 pm
That line is a fraction of how many people are in the virtual line. ie How many ppl line up as one person and then call their family of ten to come when they're around half hour to eating time?
The rules say everyone has to be in line, no holding a spot, according to the OP:
"All guests in your party must be present in the line. If a member of your party needs a break, please inform the people behind you."

But people probably will try that, and then because the people in line behind them will be all Canadians they'll be too polite to say anything :).
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
1822 posts
1003 upvotes
People on here complaining on other people's free time. Who cares. I could careless what people do with their time for free food. It's your life. You choice on however you want to spend your time.

The only thing I care about in this thread when the day comes are:

-pictures of massively long line ups. (bonus if you happen to record any scuffles with other patrons

-pictures of how many of you creative people that will try and smuggle the most food out of the restaurant.

This thread is useless without original pics.
Oct 30, 2012
145 posts
72 upvotes
PETERBOROUGH
Even it was free with no lineups I would go elsewhere to eat.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
6607 posts
2629 upvotes
BlogTO just posted about the free food.

LOL. I just want to see the real-time complaints on Twitter on Canada Day.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
5842 posts
3811 upvotes
Toronto
Better ways to spend Canada Day than being angry and tired with indigestion
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7345 posts
2578 upvotes
Markham
l4rate wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 2:58 pm
The people that wait in line for this are the same people who wait 45 minutes to save $5 on gas.
You mean the people waiting to fill up at Costco gas stations...save 7 cents/litre. If you have 50 litre, you save $3.50. People sit there with their car's idling for gas.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
3735 posts
452 upvotes
Scarborough
sandeep8g wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 10:48 am
Lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllets
Get
Ready
to
Rumbllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeee
damn, im getting a bit hyped up. Kind of want to go just to lay a smack down.
Jan 15, 2017
117 posts
93 upvotes
Wow I can't even imagine the mass chaos that this will cause.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
5842 posts
3811 upvotes
Toronto
gr8dlr wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 3:54 pm
You mean the people waiting to fill up at Costco gas stations...save 7 cents/litre. If you have 50 litre, you save $3.50. People sit there with their car's idling for gas.
Same geniuses... who then come here to brag about it
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝