Expired Hot Deals

[Mandarin] FREE Buffet at Mandarin for Canadian Citizens on July 1! (Ontario)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2019 7:57 pm
Oct 28, 2016
955 posts
2427 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
gr8dlr wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 3:54 pm
You mean the people waiting to fill up at Costco gas stations...save 7 cents/litre. If you have 50 litre, you save $3.50. People sit there with their car's idling for gas.
Never did understand this.
"Live Long....and ProspeRFD"
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7318 posts
2558 upvotes
Markham
hystavito wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 3:40 pm
The rules say everyone has to be in line, no holding a spot, according to the OP:
"All guests in your party must be present in the line. If a member of your party needs a break, please inform the people behind you."

But people probably will try that, and then because the people in line behind them will be all Canadians they'll be too polite to say anything :).
Ever see that episode on Big Bang Theory about the line cutter at the movie theatre. Similarly I think there was a Seinfeld episode about the same thing.

There can be a rumble if people complain about line cutters especially when you're complaining about little kids or elderly parents/grandparents.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Aug 22, 2009
249 posts
157 upvotes
Ottawa
Yeah. Was debating it, but after viewing those videos and such, never mind.

Forget this nonsense. It will be super bad since Ottawa has only three in the whole city, and it will be the first time this is offered here.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
3775 posts
2153 upvotes
Imagine if everyone is of the same mindset that this will be a sh!t show and no one shows up?
Jan 3, 2007
384 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
Go work 2-3 hrs of overtime and treat your family to something nice for the day. It's pathetic how people are willing to waste all of their time waitin in line to save a few bucks for something they all know will be below mediocre at best.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21074 posts
10522 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
midget_man wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 10:08 am
Thanks, but no thanks.

lol at the two topless guys and the adult videos for $5 sign. They'd have to pay me $2000 to wait in that line, and even then I'd have to think about it.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Oct 21, 2005
527 posts
349 upvotes
Allen84 wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 3:46 pm
People on here complaining on other people's free time. Who cares. I could careless what people do with their time for free food. It's your life. You choice on however you want to spend your time.

The only thing I care about in this thread when the day comes are:

-pictures of massively long line ups. (bonus if you happen to record any scuffles with other patrons

-pictures of how many of you creative people that will try and smuggle the most food out of the restaurant.

This thread is useless without original pics.
Why even post a deal on here, then? Why do you care if people could get an item cheaper?

This is a cold deal and it's fair to point it out. Nobody really cares if other people waste their time, like they don't care if they waste their money. But we can still say "it's a waste of time" or "it's a waste of money". You need to spend 6 hours in line to get a $25 meal. For 6 hours at minimum wage, you could buy your whole family a decent meal without making them stand all day on the hot pavement in a parking lot with a bunch of strangers and no bathroom.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
5799 posts
3769 upvotes
Toronto
If you're lucky enough to make it inside... then you will be treated with the sight of other people enjoying their meals right next to you

I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Feb 22, 2009
880 posts
823 upvotes
Whitby
Nah I got better things do on a day off. Only the raptors parade was more chaotic. I like chinese food and all but not if I have to line up like cattle. Cold deal. Stay away.
People might be lining up now.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
7377 posts
1680 upvotes
Mississauga
gr8dlr wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 3:54 pm
You mean the people waiting to fill up at Costco gas stations...save 7 cents/litre. If you have 50 litre, you save $3.50. People sit there with their car's idling for gas.
What's even crazier is I live near the Krispy Kreme donuts in Mississauga and every once in awhile they have a buy 1 dozen donuts you get 1 dozen free. I have driven by and saw the cars lined up all across the parking lot, past staples and still lining up between the Canadian tire and Staples. All the cars were running to save the price of a dozen donuts.
Penalty Box
Apr 19, 2017
828 posts
634 upvotes
antigua1999 wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 4:48 pm
What's even crazier is I live near the Krispy Kreme donuts in Mississauga and every once in awhile they have a buy 1 dozen donuts you get 1 dozen free. I have driven by and saw the cars lined up all across the parking lot, past staples and still lining up between the Canadian tire and Staples. All the cars were running to save the price of a dozen donuts.
Heartland?
CucuCovers, GreatCanadianRebates, LendingLoop, Mintos, PayMi, Stack, Tangerine, TransferWise, Uber, Wealthsimple
Jul 4, 2018
280 posts
213 upvotes
I didnt know this "deal" existed. Wow im surprised this is even offered. But i wouldn't bother lining up for this long.

Ever since mandarin stopped offering boiled crab legs ive stopped visiting.
Put some resphek on my name!
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
2366 posts
842 upvotes
I've only been to the Mandarin maybe 5 times or less. 2 of those times was just this year in 2019. I'm now somewhat of a converted Mandarin fan. LOL What won me over was how good the black pepper beef was there. Can anyone recommend other Chinese restaurants in downtown Toronto that have pepper steak as good as the Mandarin or better? Thanks in advance!
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2003
4923 posts
2010 upvotes
A Place to Stand
nasa25 wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 4:13 pm
lol at the two topless guys and the adult videos for $5 sign. They'd have to pay me $2000 to wait in that line, and even then I'd have to think about it.
And the guy selling Michael Jackson buttons. This was at the location at Finch/Dufferin, a stones throw from the notorious Jane/Finch neighbourhood of Toronto. Not sure if you've ever been there, but my guess is its not a whole lot like Iqaluit where you live. In fact, there were probably more people in line there than the entire population of Nunavut!