Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Mandarin

FREE Buffet at Mandarin for Canadian Citizens on July 1! (Ontario)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2019 7:57 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
2357 posts
907 upvotes
Imagine the RFD effect Face Screaming In Fear

This should be posted on all social media accounts
Jan 8, 2009
895 posts
1301 upvotes
Allen84 wrote: Question to the people that have been to this in the past or are planning on going this this Monday.

Did you or will you be tipping at the end of your meal? Or have you or will you take it to the next level of cheapness and dine then dash?
Why are you asking? You already know the answer.....
Jun 3, 2007
982 posts
513 upvotes
Toronto
Allen84 wrote: Question to the people that have been to this in the past or are planning on going this this Monday.

Did you or will you be tipping at the end of your meal? Or have you or will you take it to the next level of cheapness and dine then dash?
I can't imagine people not tipping but of course there is no limit to the lengths that some cheap - minded people will go to save a buck. The staff work the same hours but at a much higher workload because every table is full all day long.

I would hope that people would tip better than usual but for some reason when people receive anything for free they seem to lose sight of the value of the item or service that they are receiving.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1604 posts
977 upvotes
Good deal but scary busy I am betting
Koodo $45 60GB 5G + Unlimited Long Distance Perk (28 Countries)
Public $120 180GB + Canada Wide (90 Day plan; less rewards = $20 per month)
Freedom $35 North America Wide + 20GB + 1GB Roaming
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1604 posts
977 upvotes
denhammer wrote: I can't imagine people not tipping
???
Who would ever tip at a buffet? And why?

Mandarin obv tries to make some money back via drinks
Koodo $45 60GB 5G + Unlimited Long Distance Perk (28 Countries)
Public $120 180GB + Canada Wide (90 Day plan; less rewards = $20 per month)
Freedom $35 North America Wide + 20GB + 1GB Roaming
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26213 posts
39756 upvotes
Toronto
Sounds like many people in need appreciate this Mandarin offer. For people in Toronto that are struggling for food, here is the daily free food calendar. All the local places that offer meals at no charge.

http://torontomealprograms.blogspot.com ... genda.html
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2014
1165 posts
979 upvotes
Ottawa
kav2001c wrote: ???

You tip at a buffet because servers have to deal with super rowdy groups of people that are scarfing down food and leaving behind dozens plates. Some plates full of food, others full of sauce not to mention two to three times the number of utensils of a normal restaurant.

Of all the buffets, it seems like Mandarin servers have their hands full.
Jun 3, 2007
982 posts
513 upvotes
Toronto

I would. Any person that ever joined me at a buffet would. Countless other people would. Servers often make less than minimum wage.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
This is like lining up at the food bank for the homeless Face Screaming In Fear
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10207 posts
11270 upvotes
D0ntgiveajack wrote: Maybe Canada day isn’t a busy day bc people cottage and bbq. But if a group of 10 come in, all citizens then that’s nuts.
Mandarin is busy every day. That day will be absolutely insane. I can't imagine trying to go that day.
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10207 posts
11270 upvotes
Umm, this is Canada, you tip, even at a buffet.

Why? Because your servers and other wait staff are paid the same scratch servers are paid at a-la-carte restaurants. And being a buffet I'd argue their workload is higher. Having to continuously clear your table of those little plates as people go back again and again?

Tip you wait staff, or move to a country that doesn't tip.
Jan 28, 2009
233 posts
116 upvotes

The wait staff have to work just as hard at a buffet because they are constantly clearing plates, taking drink orders, etc. The job is no easier than a traditional course-based restaurant. In Canada, the custom is to tip.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2008
1219 posts
938 upvotes
You're right! Especially at a free buffet. What is 15% of zero?

Obviously, just like kav2001c, we are both kidding. You are supposed to tip on the regular price.
Deal Guru
Feb 14, 2006
10084 posts
1418 upvotes

You're embarrassing yourself bro. Lol
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
4353 posts
3740 upvotes
I bet many of those people justify not having to tip because they have to wait 6+ hours to get in.
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10408 posts
1123 upvotes
Toronto
Bebo123 wrote: where is this from? Quite impressed with the lady in white sweater and her two heaping plates...
Anyone wash their hands....
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
9135 posts
7079 upvotes
West GTEH!
Good luck to anyone who'll be going to this Freebie.
From years past when Mandarin had this Promo, the lineups were crazy ( as per the media reporting on it).
😎
Oct 30, 2010
550 posts
253 upvotes
Toronto
PulkitK57038 wrote: Although I am not a Canadian Citizen yet, I am not jealous of you all, just wanna say, don't sell your identity to China!!!!!!!!
Trust me, if I was a hacker, this is a good day for me
How pathetic must you be to think a generous restaurant owner giving away free food is trying to steal your identity just by looking at your citizenship card? You think Mandarin gives a crap about who you are or has the interest of giving up their multi-million dollar business to go into the spy/hacking business? Oh wait of course, you're probably just one of those ignorant Trump supporters who thinks anything said in r/the_donald is completely real.

I find it pathetic how ungrateful 90% of the people in this thread are. How many times do you see a meal that's 100% off? If you don't find it worthwhile then how about stfu instead of complaining "oh too many people what a shitty event" or "this restaurant sucks"? I don't even like Mandarin myself, but it does not suck since obviously it makes 100 times more money than you, and probably more money than most other buffets here in GTA. Another store offering 10% off their popular item and you'd all be licking their asses, and here we have a generous, good-willed and completely free celebration and people are f-cking sour grapes cause they know they won't be able to participate in it due to it being too popular. Of course the people complaining could just be racist idiots who thinks anything even remotely related to China is bad despite 90% of their pantry being filled with stuff imported from China.
Last edited by Heartcloud on Jun 25th, 2019 9:45 am, edited 5 times in total.