Expired Hot Deals

[Mandarin] FREE Buffet at Mandarin for Canadian Citizens on July 1! (Ontario)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2019 7:57 pm
Jun 3, 2007
350 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
ar2020 wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 5:48 pm
Why is everyone assuming all locations will have lines for miles? I just went to the Nandos free meal yesterday one hour before the deal was dead and there was ZERO line.
There are a lot of families that cannot afford the usual price and this is a big deal to them. The Nandos deal may not have been as well publicized, but also Mandarin is all you can eat.

People here arw commenting from having spent time waiting in the line or seeing it at some time.

As I mentioned previously, at Yonge and Eglinton people lined up the night before and went up Yonge and over to Duplex. There was probably a 6 hour wait.
Last edited by denhammer on Jun 24th, 2019 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
3613 posts
2196 upvotes
Toronto and London
tjindersingh wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 5:50 pm
As you can tell from my post, I was definitely 100% serious. Good job on the reading there pal.
To be fair, hard to tell if you are sarcastic over the internet unless you explicitly say so.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
41090 posts
4878 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
Shadow Rider wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 9:58 am
There are currently 171 users viewing this thread. (75 members and 96 guests)

LOL.

Been meaning to go to Mandarin for the last 8 years and never actually got a chance.
ITs aiight if youre into CAnadianized chinese food. Imagine unlimited Manchu Wok.
But funny enough... The best things @ MAndarin is ROAST BEEF ... nice prime rib there. And PIzza...I really like their pizza . . .
And the kid in me always gets cotton candy for dessert Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Aug 26, 2018
377 posts
741 upvotes
Nice. Nothing like waiting in line for hours under the blazing sun in hot humid summer weather.

Looks like it will be no cloud sunny on Canada day with highs of 25C in Toronto and feeling like 31C. Good luck. Bring sunscreen and water.
Nov 17, 2018
7 posts
14 upvotes
Concord, ON
Eating at a mandarin on Canada day is like living in mad max for 2 hours. Its absolutely mayhem.
Sep 14, 2011
961 posts
652 upvotes
Toronto
wavesgoodbye wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 6:59 pm
Eating at a mandarin on Canada day is like living in mad max for 2 hours. Its absolutely mayhem.
Haha, totally agreed Smiling Face With Sunglasses
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
5540 posts
1706 upvotes
Aurora
On July 1st, Mandarin locations should stow away all chairs, tables, glass dishes, and their regular heat tray stations. Replace the food trays with farm troughs and wheelbarrows. Provide only paper plates. Fling open the doors at 12pm. Then have one employee with a blowhorn yell "COME AND GET IT YOU DAMNED FILTHY CATTLE!!"
Last edited by DiceMan on Jun 24th, 2019 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7456 posts
2679 upvotes
Markham
FrugalConsumer wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 5:59 pm
For premium gas, Shell's V-Power is 145.9 while Costco no-ethanol 91 is 125.9. A savings of 20/L cents on a 50L is $10. A 5-15 minute wait is definitely worth it for this.

For regular gas, I don't know why people would waste their time filling up, unless they're at the Dixie location in Mississauga. It's simply not worth it.
Gas buddy shows Costco premium is 125 and Shell premium is 140 so 15 cent difference x 50 litres means $7.50 savings. Waits are usually at least 30 minutes so $15/hr, not including you're losing gas while the car idles. Waiting 30 min in my car while it idles is a no go.

Funny you see people in their BMW and Mercedes cars there... they pay $150/hr labour rates at the dealers.

If it were 5 minutes, I'd be there even for regular gas.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
May 27, 2017
125 posts
153 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 7:14 pm
Gas buddy shows Costco premium is 125 and Shell premium is 140 so 15 cent difference x 50 litres means $7.50 savings. Waits are usually at least 30 minutes so $15/hr, not including you're losing gas while the car idles. Waiting 30 min in my car while it idles is a no go.

Funny you see people in their BMW and Mercedes cars there... they pay $150/hr labour rates at the dealers.

If it were 5 minutes, I'd be there even for regular gas.
I go right at 9:15-9:20pm never waited more then 5 mins, also noticed it’s dead around 2-3pm guess cuz everyone’s at work lol
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2018
1732 posts
1298 upvotes
Bay Area
Heh I'd much rather just pay for the meal and skip to the front of the line. My time is FAR more valuable than the $35 or so I'll be saving.
UrbanPoet wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 6:58 pm
ITs aiight if youre into CAnadianized chinese food. Imagine unlimited Manchu Wok.
But funny enough... The best things @ MAndarin is ROAST BEEF ... nice prime rib there. And PIzza...I really like their pizza . . .
And the kid in me always gets cotton candy for dessert Smiling Face With Sunglasses
So true! I actually found their steak to be better than whatever disgusting cut I was served at Montana's LOL Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
4480 posts
1567 upvotes
denhammer wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 6:53 pm
There are a lot of families that cannot afford the usual price and this is a big deal to them. The Nandos deal may not have been as well publicized, but also Mandarin is all you can eat.

People here arw commenting from having spent time waiting in the line or seeing it at some time.

As I mentioned previously, at Yonge and Eglinton people lined up the night before and went up Yonge and over to Duplex. There was probably a 6 hour wait.
Well like I said people shouldn't assume all locations will be chaotic. The location you mentioned is downtown Toronto. Of course it would be packed. I wonder how the locations in Mississauga have been in years past?
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
4480 posts
1567 upvotes
fattyburger11 wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 6:59 pm
Nice. Nothing like waiting in line for hours under the blazing sun in hot humid summer weather.

Looks like it will be no cloud sunny on Canada day with highs of 25C in Toronto and feeling like 31C. Good luck. Bring sunscreen and water.
That's not even hot lol calm down buddy.