Expired Hot Deals

[Mandarin] FREE Buffet at Mandarin for Canadian Citizens on July 1! (Ontario)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2019 7:57 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5588 posts
5218 upvotes
D0ntgiveajack wrote: Maybe Canada day isn’t a busy day bc people cottage and bbq. But if a group of 10 come in, all citizens then that’s nuts.
Mandarin is busy every day. That day will be absolutely insane. I can't imagine trying to go that day.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5588 posts
5218 upvotes
kav2001c wrote: ???
Who would ever tip at a buffet? And why?
Umm, this is Canada, you tip, even at a buffet.

Why? Because your servers and other wait staff are paid the same scratch servers are paid at a-la-carte restaurants. And being a buffet I'd argue their workload is higher. Having to continuously clear your table of those little plates as people go back again and again?

Tip you wait staff, or move to a country that doesn't tip.
Jan 28, 2009
181 posts
75 upvotes

Mandarin obv tries to make some money back via drinks
The wait staff have to work just as hard at a buffet because they are constantly clearing plates, taking drink orders, etc. The job is no easier than a traditional course-based restaurant. In Canada, the custom is to tip.
Jul 24, 2008
939 posts
566 upvotes
You're right! Especially at a free buffet. What is 15% of zero?

Obviously, just like kav2001c, we are both kidding. You are supposed to tip on the regular price.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
9529 posts
957 upvotes

Mandarin obv tries to make some money back via drinks
You're embarrassing yourself bro. Lol
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
4071 posts
2714 upvotes
I bet many of those people justify not having to tip because they have to wait 6+ hours to get in.
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14666 posts
4054 upvotes
Some people wouldn't tip even if they had to pay. :rolleyes:
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
9944 posts
820 upvotes
Toronto
Bebo123 wrote: where is this from? Quite impressed with the lady in white sweater and her two heaping plates...
Anyone wash their hands....
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
5439 posts
1862 upvotes
GTEH!
Good luck to anyone who'll be going to this Freebie.
From years past when Mandarin had this Promo, the lineups were crazy ( as per the media reporting on it).
😎
Oct 30, 2010
279 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
PulkitK57038 wrote: Although I am not a Canadian Citizen yet, I am not jealous of you all, just wanna say, don't sell your identity to China!!!!!!!!
Trust me, if I was a hacker, this is a good day for me
How pathetic must you be to think a generous restaurant owner giving away free food is trying to steal your identity just by looking at your citizenship card? You think Mandarin gives a crap about who you are or has the interest of giving up their multi-million dollar business to go into the spy/hacking business? Oh wait of course, you're probably just one of those ignorant Trump supporters who thinks anything said in r/the_donald is completely real.

I find it pathetic how ungrateful 90% of the people in this thread are. How many times do you see a meal that's 100% off? If you don't find it worthwhile then how about stfu instead of complaining "oh too many people what a shitty event" or "this restaurant sucks"? I don't even like Mandarin myself, but it does not suck since obviously it makes 100 times more money than you, and probably more money than most other buffets here in GTA. Another store offering 10% off their popular item and you'd all be licking their asses, and here we have a generous, good-willed and completely free celebration and people are f-cking sour grapes cause they know they won't be able to participate in it due to it being too popular. Of course the people complaining could just be racist idiots who thinks anything even remotely related to China is bad despite 90% of their pantry being filled with stuff imported from China.
Last edited by Heartcloud on Jun 25th, 2019 9:45 am, edited 5 times in total.
Penalty Box
Jan 26, 2017
850 posts
896 upvotes
ggs wrote: obligatory
ggs wrote: obligatory
Bebo123 wrote: where is this from? Quite impressed with the lady in white sweater and her two heaping plates...
LOL old man with gray hair tries to do the same one-handed-plate scoop technique like the white sweater woman but fails miserably with only half a plate full
Jan 13, 2017
352 posts
237 upvotes
Toronto
PulkitK57038 wrote: ↑ Although I am not a Canadian Citizen yet, I am not jealous of you all, just wanna say, don't sell your identity to China!!!!!!!!
Trust me, if I was a hacker, this is a good day for me
Heartcloud wrote: How pathetic must you be to think a generous restaurant owner giving away free food is trying to steal your identity just by looking at your citizenship card? You think Mandarin gives a crap about who you are or has the interest of giving up their multi-million dollar business to go into the spy/hacking business? Oh wait of course, you're probably just one of those ignorant Trump supporters who thinks anything said in r/the_donald is completely real.

LOL. That's some quality "soon to be Canadian Citizens" that are coming in... "Oh no Mandarin gonna steal my identity and sell it back to China!"

Lmao Face With Tears Of Joy
Last edited by rendered22 on Jun 25th, 2019 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1383 posts
1231 upvotes
I used to work at the Mandarin and you definitely should tip. There was the odd table that wouldn't-- sometimes very large tables too.

Servers at licensed restaurants make a lower minimum wage because they depend on tips.
Last edited by D0ntgiveajack on Jun 25th, 2019 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wallet safe :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1516 posts
490 upvotes
For anyone wondering, it’s usually $19 at lunch and $28 at dinner for their buffet. So if your time and/or sanity is worth more than that, go on another day.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)