Expired Hot Deals

[Mandarin] FREE Buffet at Mandarin for Canadian Citizens on July 1! (Ontario)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2019 7:57 pm
Penalty Box
Jan 27, 2014
4794 posts
1900 upvotes
Heartcloud wrote: How pathetic must you be to think a generous restaurant owner giving away free food is trying to steal your identity just by looking at your citizenship card? You think Mandarin gives a crap about who you are or has the interest of giving up their multi-million dollar business to go into the spy/hacking business? Oh wait of course, you're probably just one of those ignorant Trump supporters who thinks anything said in r/the_donald is completely real.

I find it pathetic how ungrateful 90% of the people in this thread are. How many times do you see a meal that's 100% off? If you don't find it worthwhile then how about stfu instead of complaining "oh too many people what a shitty event" or "this restaurant sucks"? I don't even like Mandarin myself, but it does not suck since obviously it makes 100 times more money than you, and probably more money than most other buffets here in GTA. Another store offering 10% off their popular item and you'd all be licking their asses, and here we have a generous, good-willed and completely free celebration and people are f-cking sour grapes cause they know they won't be able to participate in it due to it being too popular. Of course the people complaining could just be racist idiots who thinks anything even remotely related to China is bad despite 90% of their pantry being filled with stuff imported from China.
Very well said. Just hilarious the amount of hating in this thread.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1288 posts
1078 upvotes
Geoff2 wrote: I tip well & often but recognize that saying servers are "supposed" to be tipped is the wrong kind of attitude to have.
That's true. They "depend" on tips I guess. Terrible, rude service should not be expecting a tip.
Wallet safe :rolleyes:
Jan 23, 2013
177 posts
791 upvotes
D0ntgiveajack wrote: Servers at licensed restaurants make a lower minimum wage because they are supposed to get tips.
I tip well & often but recognize that saying servers are "supposed" to be tipped is the wrong kind of attitude to have.
Last edited by Geoff2 on Jun 25th, 2019 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
3683 posts
1199 upvotes
Ajax
D0ntgiveajack wrote: I used to work at the Mandarin and you definitely should tip. There was the odd table that wouldn't-- sometimes very large tables too.

Servers at licensed restaurants make a lower minimum wage because they are supposed to be tipped.
Unfortunately Mandarin has descended into the doldrums of sub-par food. It is way over-priced on any given day of the week. Then they like to hike the prices during the November through January period. They mainly attract the elderly and rip them off. You can find any local Mandarin knock off at half the price and eat the same crappy food. There will be no tipping when you go and get your own crappy food. Perhaps the owners, which we know penny pinch their own kind, should pay their workers a little more. It is a sweatshop at its finest. Welcome to Mandrin, my name is Johnny and my partner is Louise.
Umm, riiiggghht. Winking Face
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
8836 posts
4047 upvotes
Markham
kingofwale wrote: not for me, but happy to see some people getting a free meal in celebration of Canada's Day.
I'm bad with dates but there once was a time when they gave out FREE HOT DOGS on Canada Day at Queen's park (I think it was Queen's Park, maybe it could've been Nathan Phillips Sq) and my mum would come back with a plastic bag with like 15 hot dogs. Don't know how long it's been since they stopped that. Anyone else remember that.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Jan 31, 2008
239 posts
142 upvotes
Etobicoke
zebracobra007 wrote: This might cause issues for the business. You cannot discriminate people living within Canada, citizen or no citizen.
It's not "discrimination" as you call it. A business isn't a charity, and they don't have to offer free food at all, ever. Non-citizens can still enter, but they have to pay. I lived overseas myself and was excluded from some things. That's just how it is.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
1710 posts
1661 upvotes
yhap2003 wrote: If I pay, do I get my own quiet section and uncontaminated food to choose from?
At Mandarin, there's no such as quiet and uncontaminated.

Mandarin is such a 90s idea, back when every mall didn't have a half-decent food court with some level of choice. When you can load up on crap, at the end of the day it's still just crap.
Jan 31, 2008
239 posts
142 upvotes
Etobicoke
PulkitK57038 wrote: Although I am not a Canadian Citizen yet, I am not jealous of you all, just wanna say, don't sell your identity to China!!!!!!!!
Trust me, if I was a hacker, this is a good day for me
WTH are you talking about? A Canadian-owned Chinese food restaurant, serving a free meal on Canada's birthday, is somehow "selling out to China"? It's no different than if I went to my local Chinese takeout place. Christ... People like you are just sad.
Oct 21, 2005
600 posts
448 upvotes
antigua1999 wrote: What's even crazier is I live near the Krispy Kreme donuts in Mississauga and every once in awhile they have a buy 1 dozen donuts you get 1 dozen free. I have driven by and saw the cars lined up all across the parking lot, past staples and still lining up between the Canadian tire and Staples. All the cars were running to save the price of a dozen donuts.
I went to that Canadian Tire once and there was a lineup through the whole parking lot and I wondered what the hell was going on. People burning through $5 in gas just to get a BOGO deal on donuts, WTF??! haha. They are really good donuts though, I must admit.
Jun 26, 2010
636 posts
355 upvotes
Vancouver
Bebo123 wrote: LOL old man with gray hair tries to do the same one-handed-plate scoop technique like the white sweater woman but fails miserably with only half a plate full
slippery little suckers
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
9677 posts
2424 upvotes
Scarberia
if they wanted to make money , offer 50% off and u'd still see the lineups prolly
*SIG: Ryzen??? R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @39.99$
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
9532 posts
650 upvotes
Toronto
%50 off would of been better or limit. Free buffet every 4th person in line
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2017
1660 posts
1070 upvotes
what time do you think would be good to line up for lunch? would 10am suffice?
Apr 4, 2017
946 posts
240 upvotes
Toronto
really never got chance. 24hrs, and 7 days a week, 365 days/year. never got chance.
Shadow Rider wrote: There are currently 171 users viewing this thread. (75 members and 96 guests)

LOL.

Been meaning to go to Mandarin for the last 8 years and never actually got a chance.