Expired Hot Deals

[Mandarin] FREE Buffet at Mandarin for Canadian Citizens on July 1! (Ontario)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2019 7:57 pm
Sep 13, 2012
712 posts
353 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
The corporation should be busing in those able to be from care facilities and homeless shelters for the free meal. Write off the expense and contact the media to spread the word. Worth 10X the cost in terms of exposure and public goodwill.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1115 posts
724 upvotes
EVIL-C wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 10:20 am
It's not "discrimination" as you call it. A business isn't a charity, and they don't have to offer free food at all, ever. Non-citizens can still enter, but they have to pay. I lived overseas myself and was excluded from some things. That's just how it is.
I agree,

If it's discrimination, then stop giving seniors a discount! (Not Serious - Just making a point).

I just hope that this makes a few people living as landed immigrant might think 'hey, why not become a citizen of the country I live in, my children live in, my family lives in'

Join the family!

mp
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
7548 posts
1752 upvotes
HN12345 wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 11:04 am
what time do you think would be good to line up for lunch? would 10am suffice?
8am! Ymmv
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
3604 posts
3110 upvotes
PulkitK57038 wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 9:41 pm
Although I am not a Canadian Citizen yet, I am not jealous of you all, just wanna say, don't sell your identity to China!!!!!!!!
Trust me, if I was a hacker, this is a good day for me
Umm, OK. They are visually checking your ID, not collecting details, so even if Mandarin was a front for the PRC, no data is being leaked.

A little bit of paranoia can be good, you are off the deep end.
Nov 17, 2014
505 posts
541 upvotes
QC
I love RFD. But this is a promo I would NEVER take advantage of, others being 'X% off for being first customers to be in line, etc etc.'
I hate queing. In fact, I'd rather pay (or pay more) rather than queue.
I dont have a particularely good paying job, but my time is still worth more money than a free buffet with average, tepid food.
To each his own tho, so do keep us updated with pictures and other funny gifs.

:popcorn: Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Jan 17, 2015
236 posts
185 upvotes
Pierrefonds, QC
Someone should start an "R-F-D" chants while in line and see if it takes off.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2878 posts
1199 upvotes
Waterloo
Looking at some of the prior lineup pictures/videos, I find it hard to imagine the restaurant being able to serve everyone in line before the day ends, Do they not cut off the line at some point?
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
3604 posts
3110 upvotes
Dynasty12345 wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 12:21 pm
Minimum wage is $14. Liquor servers minimum wage is $12.20 - a $1.80 difference per hour.

I would expect at a buffet say $100 cost x 15% tip = $15 for 1 table in 1-2 hours is more than enough to fix the discrepancy. Waiters are probably covering multiple tables within this 1hr too, so the assumption waiters depend on tips vs other minimum wage employees doesn't make sense. That said, I would agree buffet waiters should get tip or a higher tip compared to a la carte waiters since buffet has much higher involvement of constantly changing plates.
Do you understand that the tip doesn't just go to YOUR server, right? Tips are pooled, and spread out among MUCH of the staff, this usually includes most of the people in the kitchen, along with other staff.

Please people, tip.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
3448 posts
1198 upvotes
Quebec
So... Who's going? I am planning to bring all my family, ant, kid, grandma, granddad, everybody to make it worth the wait.

Btw, honestly i hate the tipping system, every system that is not "clear" and can be interpreted differently by anyone is going to make either the tipper mad, the receiver mad or both.

Why they just don't put it in the price...so cheap people's, poeple from europe or even people that are not aware that tips is standard in North America, will just pay it, no matter what and generous peoples can give more if they really want to.

That's just my opinion, it might not be perfect tho.

In europe, they boosted all the price to include that amount in their price. So european, don't usually tip because of that. That's why they find restaurants here is so cheap. Add this to the currency conversion, that make them eat for almost nothing.
Jan 8, 2009
527 posts
437 upvotes
I won't be surprised a fellow RFDer will be selling people lining up for the buffet things such as amex credit card referrals, tangerine sign ups.....
Mar 14, 2018
236 posts
145 upvotes
repatch wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 11:50 am
Umm, OK. They are visually checking your ID, not collecting details, so even if Mandarin was a front for the PRC, no data is being leaked.

A little bit of paranoia can be good, you are off the deep end.
They have high tech contact lenses that records everything, this is definitely the genius work of China.
Dec 30, 2013
34 posts
224 upvotes
Toronto
APPARENTLY PEOPLE ARE ALREADY LINING UP AND CAMPING OUTSIDE CERTAIN MANDARIN LOCATIONS
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4851 posts
804 upvotes
ar2020 wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 5:48 pm
Why is everyone assuming all locations will have lines for miles? I just went to the Nandos free meal yesterday one hour before the deal was dead and there was ZERO line.
Because other people have commented in this thread, expect to wait at least 2 hrs based on their previous experience in previous yrs. This isn't the first time Mandarin has had this promo, everyone in this thread who has ever been to it says the wait will be very long
I am a Koodo customer
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5310 posts
1198 upvotes
Mississauga
ar2020 wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 5:48 pm
Why is everyone assuming all locations will have lines for miles? I just went to the Nandos free meal yesterday one hour before the deal was dead and there was ZERO line.
cuz this promo has happened in the past.... the # of ppl only gets worse... not better...