Expired Hot Deals

[Mandarin] FREE Buffet at Mandarin for Canadian Citizens on July 1! (Ontario)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2019 7:57 pm
Mar 1, 2013
51 posts
80 upvotes
Justfish wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 10:27 am
Coffees and teas are served, great thanks to Mandarin!
Hi fellow RFDer. Come over say hi. I am under blue tent at the front. About 170-200 people in line now.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2001 posts
348 upvotes
Scarborough
Madchester wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 10:36 am
That looks like the Scarborough location. Insane.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
7189 posts
2329 upvotes
Toronto
Madchester wrote:
I can't help but noticed the guy with the big funny at the end Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from these knowledge and information.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
2368 posts
845 upvotes
Doesn't anyone here live near the Yonge/Eglinton location? I want pics and updates before I make my decision to go.
Aug 20, 2016
32 posts
42 upvotes
They've given us fans and water.
This is already going better than the raptors parade.

- Kingston
Images
  • IMG-20190701-WA0003.jpg
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2009
1220 posts
1065 upvotes
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 10:41 am
Doesn't anyone here live near the Yonge/Eglinton location? I want pics and updates before I make my decision to go.
Buddy it is already too late.... You aren't getting in until 5PM if you aren't there now.
Mar 1, 2013
51 posts
80 upvotes
poopooplatter wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 10:31 am
Holiday pricing is $22.99 at Mandarin, so let's just assume that's what you're "saving" today.

Minimum wage in Ontario is currently $14/hours, or $21/hour if you're working on a statutory holiday like today. Instead of waiting in line for 5 hours, you could work and make $105. ($21*5). 105-22.99 = $82.01.

Meaning you could make $82 today to not have to wait in line with homeless people, while getting sunburned & dehydrated, then eat in an overcrowded restaurant. That's the true deal today.
Man you are probably are not familiar with such means of entertaiment as reading, browsing internet or playing games on phone. I am reading right now in line. My kids are watching youtube. (They would be doing it anyway at this time at home). I am not more wasting time then you when you are on your phone at home. Your calculations are meaningless even without considering that you cant just start work on weekends at your own will. In general employers are not allowing to work on weekend, because they dont want to pay twice as much.
Last edited by ElBarto2713 on Jul 1st, 2019 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jul 19, 2015
502 posts
432 upvotes
London, ON
The North London location is packed, parking lot, line ups and chairs around the building, good luck with that everyone.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Penalty Box
Apr 19, 2017
828 posts
634 upvotes
If we combined all of our sleuthing power we could solve so many of the world's problems.
CucuCovers, GreatCanadianRebates, LendingLoop, Mintos, PayMi, Stack, Tangerine, TransferWise, Uber, Wealthsimple
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
2947 posts
1733 upvotes
GTA
Those people lining up are sad, really sad. Not different than beggers on 403 exits.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1149 posts
221 upvotes
Allen84 wrote:
Jun 29th, 2019 1:03 am
Question to you guys. Probably some of you will do this. Let's say a family of 4 wanted to line up, but not all arrive at the same time:

Example, an older son lines up 9 am to secure his position, by 11 am the father, mother and sister joins them by association by cutting in. How would you react?

I'm thinking at least 30% or more of the people that are going, will be doing this, and anyone further down the line will feel the effects of additional wait times, causing further frustration as the Sun continues to beat down on you.

It might not even be family, it could be a group of friends, and one came early to secure their position for them to join later.

Anyone even trying to line up past 10 am, is gonna be so screwed because of this. You need to at least line up at by 8 am. 9 might be pushing it. Less people ahead of you equals less family and friends cutting in later.

The only way this can be prevented is if Mandarin gives out tickets. Every half hour or so. Any gaps in the line that don't have tickets, they will know a friend or family cut in, therefore "you get nothing, you lose, good day sir"
If the family and friends are all sitting at the same table then I personally dont see a problem. Regardless if 1 person or 8 people, they'll require 1 table, and start eating at the same time and finish about the same time.

Sounds like someone is just hating cuz other people aren't suffering as much as they feel necessary. :facepalm:
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
7189 posts
2329 upvotes
Toronto
Hope mandarin imposes a time limit Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from these knowledge and information.
Jan 1, 2018
406 posts
511 upvotes
how are the lines?
Ahh the feeling I get when I've saved some money...more money for the more important things!
Dec 31, 2007
373 posts
246 upvotes
Toronto
Haddoo wrote:

Are you working today? No? Then your post was useless.

What is your job? You dont see other people telling you that you are wasting your time making $50,000 a year when you could get a different job as a CEO and be making a million dollars a year.
jellytime wrote:

Not saying I would ever wait in line, but your logic is off.

I doubt these people waiting in line even have the opportunity to work. If we assume they don't, then they're still getting something for free. Whether you think the time is worth it is not relevant.

Yeah, this and that ^

Plus sometimes it’s about the experience too, you can say you took part in something rare like this. It’s not always about the money..sheesh..
Last edited by consumer be me on Jul 1st, 2019 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.