Expired Hot Deals

[Mandarin] FREE Buffet at Mandarin for Canadian Citizens on July 1! (Ontario)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2019 7:57 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2009
1220 posts
1065 upvotes
blackston3 wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 1:26 pm
Why are you so angry at how people choose to spend their time to be happy and enjoy their time?

For some guy spending "Canada day on the beautiful lake, with cold Canadian brew, local Canadian pork chops plus my family and some friends", you sure are spending a lot of time online hating on families, friends, and children
He is probably angry thinking about the 4 four traffic jam he faces to drive home from cottage country Face With Tears Of Joy
Mar 14, 2018
236 posts
145 upvotes
I have no issues with the free buffet as long as it got to those who needs it but the problem is that we have way too many cheap people waiting in line taking up space/time.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
1759 posts
1785 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Boondoggler wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 1:29 pm
I have no issues with the free buffet as long as it got to those who needs it but the problem is that we have way too many cheap people waiting in line taking up space/time.
Also, Boxing Day and Black Friday deals should only be for people who make under $49,000. Everyone must bring tax returns to prove, otherwise full price yo!
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
2146 posts
1934 upvotes
Tommy74 wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 1:13 pm
Yep, I am the weird one. I celebrate Canada day on the beautiful lake, with cold Canadian brew, local Canadian pork chops plus my family and some friends. Nothing close to sitting for hours on concrete sidewalk, pose for strangers taking pictures of long line ups, and wait till they throw me some Chinese "wanna be" deep fried delicious goodies. I guess I am missing out big time. Happy sidewalk camp day.
Don't you mean you celebrate Canada day trolling a RFD thread about a deal you apparently have zero interest in with multiple posts judging people for not spending their time you think they should spend it or how you would spend it. Yes all those "beggars" are missing out on your lake view, cold beer and pork chops on Canada Day. You must feel very smug and satisfied looking down on them.

Most people wouldn't spend their time on Canada Day to post sht in this thread either, but here you are, just like many other "time is valuable" members. So yes, you are a weird one. Most people would enjoy their lake, their beer, their friends and family and STFU about ranting about this on RFD if all that was so good. So why are you here again?
Mar 8, 2004
498 posts
75 upvotes
Boondoggler wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 1:29 pm
This is not about the poor or those that can’t buy a meal today. It’s about celebrating Canadians and Canada. If people want to wait in line, all the power to them.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
2709 posts
2039 upvotes
Toronto
pny128 wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 12:34 pm
You know that you have crossed the line with your promo when the police has to get involved.
are you salty because they excluded you from the promotion? its a smart plan to hire a few cops to moderate the line and the crowd. all it takes is one jackass to jump the line and everyone starts to rush the entrance like they did at real sports apparel for raptors gear.
Mar 14, 2018
236 posts
145 upvotes
blackston3 wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 1:31 pm
Also, Boxing Day and Black Friday deals should only be for people who make under $49,000. Everyone must bring tax returns to prove, otherwise full price yo!
Not the same, we are talking about free vs paying for something.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
2709 posts
2039 upvotes
Toronto
bombdiggity wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 1:32 pm
Don't you mean you celebrate Canada day trolling a RFD thread about a deal you apparently have zero interest in with multiple posts judging people for not spending their time you think they should spend it or how you would spend it. Yes all those "beggars" are missing out on your lake view, cold beer and pork chops on Canada Day. You must feel very smug and satisfied looking down on them.

Most people wouldn't spend their time on Canada Day to post sht in this thread either, but here you are, just like many other "time is valuable" members. So yes, you are a weird one. Most people would enjoy their lake, their beer, their friends and family and STFU about ranting about this on RFD if all that was so good. So why are you here again?
he is like somewhere in between humble bragging and extreme patriotism. neither is mentally healthy, i feel sorry for them.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
16800 posts
4468 upvotes
Toronto
If people are sleeping overnight to buy a hat with an owl on it, why wouldn't people wait in line for 2-3 hrs to get a free meal? Nothing against the people who want to spend their Canada Day as they please.
Banned
Jun 30, 2019
13 posts
52 upvotes
dracolnyte wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 1:36 pm
he is like somewhere in between humble bragging and extreme patriotism. neither is mentally healthy, i feel sorry for them.
people like him tend to vote against their own interests.
I walk around smelling like an indian restaurant.
Dec 31, 2007
373 posts
246 upvotes
Toronto
Boondoggler wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 1:00 pm
I love my family/friends too much, I would rather take them out and pay for their meals, instead of watching them wait in line for free food. And if you're waiting in line for free food then most likely you won't do the same for yours...that's disappointing.
Lol there are 360 days in a year, I can take them out for dinner any day. If they choose to have mandarin today and be apart of this it wouldn’t be because they can’t afford a meal. Like I said, I respect my family members enough to make their own decisions on what they want to eat and do. Even if I don’t agree with their choice. Being disappointed in their decision to line up is just stupid, sounds like you’re the controlling type.

If you think everyone in line is dirt poor you are are sadly mistaken. Your negative outlook on Canada’s birthday and celebration is disappointing as well.

I won’t be taking part nor will any of my family members that I know of. I have plans for my immediate family, but if One member decided they wanted mandarin and was excited to line up and experience this I wouldn’t say no and be disappointed in them. If I found out the next day that an extended family member lined up, I wouldn’t be disappointed either... lol again, they are my family and free to make their own decisions about what they want to eat.
Mar 14, 2018
236 posts
145 upvotes
carmaster wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 1:41 pm
If people are sleeping overnight to buy a hat with an owl on it, why wouldn't people wait in line for 2-3 hrs to get a free meal? Nothing against the people who want to spend their Canada Day as they please.
Who said they are any better? If you ask me they are the same kind, take advantage of a situation and profit from it.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
1759 posts
1785 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Boondoggler wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 1:34 pm
Not the same, we are talking about free vs paying for something.
I was just teasing. I know you meant well with your post and yeah, some people do need this more but it's just this situation it's unfair for others and quite complicated since this for everyone and to celebrate all of Canada and Canada Day
Mar 14, 2018
236 posts
145 upvotes
consumer be me wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 1:44 pm
Lol there are 360 days in a year, I can take them out for dinner any day. If they choose to have mandarin today and be apart of this it wouldn’t be because they can’t afford a meal. Like I said, I respect my family members enough to make their own decisions on what they want to eat and do. Even if I don’t agree with their choice. Being disappointed in their decision to line up is just stupid, sounds like you’re the controlling type.

If you think everyone in line is dirt poor you are are sadly mistaken. Your negative outlook on Canada’s birthday and celebration is disappointing as well.

I won’t be taking part nor will any of my family members that I know of. I have plans for my immediate family, but if One member decided they wanted mandarin and was excited to line up and experience this I wouldn’t say no and be disappointed in them. If I found out the next day that an extended family member lined up, I wouldn’t be disappointed either... lol again, they are my family and free to make their own decisions about what they want to eat.
NO I don't think that. I think most people waiting in line are dirt cheap. They are making it hard and difficult for those who need it.