Expired Hot Deals

[Mandarin] FREE Buffet at Mandarin for Canadian Citizens on July 1! (Ontario)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2019 7:57 pm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
5540 posts
1708 upvotes
Aurora
Does anyone have any pictures or videos of the inside of the buffet? Just for entertainment purposes.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4366 posts
1264 upvotes
xFRUGALITYx wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 7:20 pm
Instead of going to the Mandarin and enduring that pain I ordered half price dominoes pizza, they messed up one of the pizza's when I arrived for pick up and gave me two free. I believe I win this Canada Day with zero line ups, zero chaos and zero dollars..... check mate
But those at Mandarin had more choice of food than you, no?
Not sure why people are bashing this deal. Either you go or you don't. I had no interest in going and I don't see any need to judge the folks who went.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10730 posts
10836 upvotes
DiceMan wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 7:51 pm
Does anyone have any pictures or videos of the inside of the buffet? Just for entertainment purposes.
Two aromas. One from the food, the other from the patrons.

We're better than mockery here on RFD.
Nov 14, 2015
241 posts
109 upvotes
Unionville, ON
Totoriko wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 7:53 pm
definitely more options but probably the same (or lower) quality IMO
Nov 1, 2015
563 posts
405 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
Man, I just bought underwear that say "Cailv Kirinini", I'm not poor or rich... name brands are for chumps.

If someone's looking at my underwear, I've already won.
Mar 6, 2015
310 posts
121 upvotes
Alert, Nunavut
xFRUGALITYx wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 7:20 pm
Instead of going to the Mandarin and enduring that pain I ordered half price dominoes pizza, they messed up one of the pizza's when I arrived for pick up and gave me two free. I believe I win this Canada Day with zero line ups, zero chaos and zero dollars..... check mate
Last year, Dominos had free pizza coupons one day along with $3 pepperoni pizzas and I went with a friend at 11:30 and got the coupon and pizza for both in less than 5 minutes. No lineups.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1138 posts
198 upvotes
guys lets thank mandarin for doing something for our great nation of Canada. I'm proud to be a Canadian.

It also provided some entertainment, and good conversation!

Enjoy the fireworks!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 19, 2015
507 posts
443 upvotes
London, ON
Totoriko wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 7:53 pm
Not sure why people are bashing this deal. Either you go or you don't. I had no interest in going and I don't see any need to judge the folks who went.
Did they actually have more options though? On those two pizza's there was a lot of different toppings........
Jul 19, 2015
507 posts
443 upvotes
London, ON
bLuPhYrE wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 8:29 pm
guys lets thank mandarin for doing something for our great nation of Canada. I'm proud to be a Canadian.

It also provided some entertainment, and good conversation!

Enjoy the fireworks!!!!!!!!!!
The Mandarin isn't doing something for this great nation it of the goodness of their hearts , lol. This is part of a planned marketing promotion.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
1879 posts
709 upvotes
This thread has taken a stupid turn about wealth/class lol.

I hope everyone had a great Canada Day, regardless if you were stuffing your face at Mandarin or otherwise.
Jun 10, 2016
259 posts
211 upvotes
Oshawa
Appalled to see the line-ups across GTA. Vaughan, North York, Erin mills, Brampton and Mississauga were horrible. People waiting for an average 3 hours in the sweltering heat with their little kids just to get the free meal.

What a country of freeloaders we have become!!
May 10, 2010
256 posts
402 upvotes
London
I think most people gave up after the lunch hour rush. I went in at around 730 with my mum, waited in line for maybe 15 min and then we got in. Everyone was very friendly. We left a tip for the sever and went on our way. Now my food coma is upon me so I shall sleep for 24 hours.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
4482 posts
1574 upvotes
stancehunter wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 8:02 pm
definitely more options but probably the same (or lower) quality IMO
Though I haven't been back since a little kid the perception I always had was Mandarin was high quality? Definitely the highest quality buffet.
Jan 12, 2008
255 posts
95 upvotes
I only waited 45min. Food was darn good too. Hell l made more money waiting in this line then working my day job