Expired Hot Deals

[Mandarin] FREE Buffet at Mandarin for Canadian Citizens on July 1! (Ontario)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2019 7:57 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
4376 posts
1456 upvotes
EmmEmm wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 9:06 pm
Appalled to see the line-ups across GTA. Vaughan, North York, Erin mills, Brampton and Mississauga were horrible. People waiting for an average 3 hours in the sweltering heat with their little kids just to get the free meal.

What a country of freeloaders we have become!!
25 degrees is not sweltering heat lol. What do you think of the people who live in climates of 35 degrees, 40 degrees, 45 degrees, close to 50 degrees?
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4360 posts
1259 upvotes
xFRUGALITYx wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 8:34 pm
Did they actually have more options though? On those two pizza's there was a lot of different toppings........
Yeah I can imagine your desserts on top
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
2559 posts
486 upvotes
Toronto
Arrived 7pm at Pickering seated at 7,20pm full buffet no passport verification. left a good tip tables were half full.
Dec 19, 2006
314 posts
4 upvotes
Got in Windsor location in half hour. Food was good n server was great.
Nov 23, 2017
957 posts
1924 upvotes
LonesomeDove wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 5:13 pm
Exactly, wearing expensive clothing and driving expensive cars mean squat. More than likely, all that stuff is on credit and they have little actual money in the bank. Nowadays you can get designer clothing cheap at winners or even Costco. And that Benz may be used one 5 years old.

I hear this a lot, people judge people by what they wear and what they drive which may be far from the truth. I know someone who own 2 homes value at more than 1 million, yet he drives a 20 year car and dress shabbily. You would not know he is relatively wealthy by looking at him.

Any scrub in the GTA /GVA who purchased a home 15+ years ago with a $250k+ purchase price house is sitting on $1M+. Most real estate under $2M is no longer impressive because of this, for $2M you basically are just getting a regular house. For example my childhood home is unattainable for me despite making more money than my parents did when they purchased the home.

Your friend looks like a regular guy because he is one.

There’s a young lawyer near my workplace who drives a hurrican, the older ladies at work who see him always say things like “I bet he lives with his parents”.
I think people who say things like this simply do not understand how much money it actually takes to push a modern Lamborghini especially as a daily driver.

Similarly wearing clothes you can buy at winners/outlet stores might make you look rich to poor people, but most people with money that care about brands and clothes know better.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4360 posts
1259 upvotes
xFRUGALITYx wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 8:36 pm
The Mandarin isn't doing something for this great nation it of the goodness of their hearts , lol. This is part of a planned marketing promotion.
Who cares, other than you? The others ate for free.
Not sure what you are complaining about. You yourself didn't lose anything other than your time being critical on a forum
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7483 posts
3643 upvotes
ON
muffin_man wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 9:01 am
You sound mad at everybody, you definitely gotta chill out a bit.
Do I owe you anything or is this a free diagnose dr. Phil ? If you read the message I quoted I was simply agreeing with what the fella wrote.
In the future please refrain from giving me psychological evaluations and advice if you're lacking basic comprehensive skills.
Jul 19, 2015
502 posts
429 upvotes
London, ON
Totoriko wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 10:10 pm
Who cares, other than you? The others ate for free.
Not sure what you are complaining about. You yourself didn't lose anything other than your time being critical on a forum
Not complaining
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
7167 posts
2319 upvotes
Toronto
is the next one in five years or ten years ?
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from these knowledge and information.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
7167 posts
2319 upvotes
Toronto
Disciplinz wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 9:19 pm
I only waited 45min. Food was darn good too. Hell l made more money waiting in this line then working my day job
which location were u at?
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from these knowledge and information.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
7167 posts
2319 upvotes
Toronto
poopdedoop wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 9:09 pm
I think most people gave up after the lunch hour rush. I went in at around 730 with my mum, waited in line for maybe 15 min and then we got in. Everyone was very friendly. We left a tip for the sever and went on our way. Now my food coma is upon me so I shall sleep for 24 hours.
which location did u visit ?
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1379 posts
673 upvotes
poopdedoop wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 9:09 pm
I think most people gave up after the lunch hour rush. I went in at around 730 with my mum, waited in line for maybe 15 min and then we got in. Everyone was very friendly. We left a tip for the sever and went on our way. Now my food coma is upon me so I shall sleep for 24 hours.
The Mandarin in newspapers reported they cut line off at 6PM
Even in smaller locations (eg Guelph)

Oh also has lots of pics for those who were laughing about it earlier in the thread

https://www.guelphtoday.com/local-news/ ... os-1549524
Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 8GB + 1000 Intl LD
Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $12 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $19 per Month
Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1379 posts
673 upvotes
EmmEmm wrote:
Jul 1st, 2019 9:06 pm
Appalled to see the line-ups across GTA. Vaughan, North York, Erin mills, Brampton and Mississauga were horrible. People waiting for an average 3 hours in the sweltering heat with their little kids just to get the free meal.

What a country of freeloaders we have become!!
Its even scarier when you consider this is supposed to be a holiday
So while some people were taking kids out to play or going to events others wasted their day standing in line

And I mean... its for Mandarin
Not even like its a good food place its just a step up from McD
Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 8GB + 1000 Intl LD
Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $12 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $19 per Month
Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)