Expired Hot Deals

[Mandarin] FREE Buffet at Mandarin for Canadian Citizens on July 1! (Ontario)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2019 7:57 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1455 posts
1062 upvotes
Toronto
IMO not worth the hassle waiting in line, mingling/staring at people. lol I'd rather do a nice takeout and enjoy the sunshine and eat peacefully.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
3457 posts
1200 upvotes
Quebec
All these poeple lining up for such amount of time, make me have a sad conclusion... There's is more extremely very poor than what we could imagine in our country.

Most average wage would never waste that time because their time value more.

Anyway, it's very nice that this restaurant do this for free. It's amazing for those that can't afford and want to eat there.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1455 posts
1062 upvotes
Toronto
HyperTech wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 1:16 pm
All these poeple lining up for such amount of time, make me have a sad conclusion... There's is more extremely very poor than what we could imagine in our country.

Most average wage would never waste that time because their time value more.

Anyway, it's very nice that this restaurant do this for free. It's amazing for those that can't afford and want to eat there.
Poor has nothing to do with it or very little to do with it. Most people waiting in line are cheap! End of story!
Last edited by FoMoHotDeals on Jun 24th, 2019 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
1809 posts
1294 upvotes
Vancouver
Do people really wait hours for a single mediocre free meal? What is wrong with people.... how do they value their own time at zero
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1455 posts
1062 upvotes
Toronto
..and I know these cheap a$$'s waiting in line ain't going to tip or tip well.
Jun 26, 2007
750 posts
493 upvotes
If I were on Mandarin's management team I would have suggested against limiting this to citizens. Limiting this to only citizens is discriminatory and opens them to lawsuits. Good marketing idea though, giving away food for a few hours. This has already seen enough publicity to make it worth it to them.

That said, my time is worth more than the price of a free mediocre meal so you won't see me there.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
1658 posts
1932 upvotes
Toronto
Are there that many people who can't afford to get lunch at Mandarin? I'd rather skip lunch, grab a few laker lagers that I got for a buck and sit in my backyard on a long weekend. Or just get to costco for 1.50 hotdogs lol...
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
2819 posts
230 upvotes
Toronto
Too bad there aren't free buffet at Dragon Pearl...
My Heatware Feedback: Click!
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
3457 posts
1200 upvotes
Quebec
I am the guy with the kinda pink/orange shirt and brown t-shirt underneath.

My wife, the beautiful girl with green shirt, was there before me because i had to find a parking.
Dec 14, 2008
133 posts
163 upvotes
Vancouver
sucks to be non-citizen and wanting to line up here for lunch....little do they know
cliu91 wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 9:54 am
Not really discriminating. Mandarin does not HAVE to offer FREE food to anyone.

They will most likely allow anyone to enter their restaurant (if they don't then it would be discrimination), but if you are not Canadian then you will have to pay.

This is why people can't have nice things. When people are even complaining about FREE.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28420 posts
1197 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
You're probably saving $80 if you are a standard family. * I say have your oldest hellspawn hold the line, rest of you show up in time.

If the food really does take a QA dump, yeah, not gonna be nice.

There is no way on God's Green Earth that I will ever DARE to expose myself nor my family to the trash people that will be going.

*texts fam group chat our plans for Monday*.

That white lady with the one-handed full plate scoop load was Epic!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by MrDisco on Jun 24th, 2019 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unnecessary
PayTM - $70
PC OPT: $3953 Ebates: $59.70
100%+ BST & Heatware Est. 2005
Kijiji & FB Marketplace trash are what put a smile on my face each day
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1412 posts
671 upvotes
Rip Markham Mandarin.

Edit - I misread the post. Rip to All Mandarin
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1152 posts
893 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Flunk wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 1:25 pm
If I were on Mandarin's management team I would have suggested against limiting this to citizens. Limiting this to only citizens is discriminatory and opens them to lawsuits. Good marketing idea though, giving away food for a few hours. This has already seen enough publicity to make it worth it to them.

That said, my time is worth more than the price of a free mediocre meal so you won't see me there.
They should have made it so only new citizens in the past year only should be able to get this offer. They are probably the ones who deserve it.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Jan 26, 2017
553 posts
539 upvotes
evanwier wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 1:19 pm
Do people really wait hours for a single mediocre free meal? What is wrong with people.... how do they value their own time at zero
To answer your question, please sit down and enjoy reading some Dollarama threads here where people “brag” about driving to 14 different Dollarama locations to finally snag that elusive $4 “hot deal” item...