[OP]
Mar 14, 2014
387 posts
472 upvotes

Manulife Advantage 2.75% for 150 days * Update Existing Clients Only *

Deal Link:
Expiry:
January 31, 2020
Thought this would be worth posting as I had an high interest promo with them last year and the experience was very positive. It may not be the highest paying promo out there but it's a very versatile account that works as both a combined chequing and savings account with all fees waived with a minimum $1000 balance. No minimum required for EFT transfers. This promo expires 31st January 2020. If you are an existing account holder and hopefully have only pennies in your account, you can open this new additional account and any new money will earn the promo 2.75% rate.
Last edited by flyjazz on Jan 20th, 2020 11:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
12 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1383 posts
916 upvotes
flyjazz wrote: I don't think you need one.
Click on your own link... you do.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
7614 posts
3977 upvotes
Kootenays
No offers show up with your link without a promo code.
[OP]
Mar 14, 2014
387 posts
472 upvotes
sports1 wrote: Click on your own link... you do.
I just did and selected the new client option and it took me to the sign-up page. I was an existing client, let me know if the OP needs to be updated? Apologies in advance as I was an existing client and opened an additional account and it indicates the 2.75% rate.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1383 posts
916 upvotes
flyjazz wrote: I just did and selected the new client option and it took me to the sign-up page. I was an existing client, let me know if the OP needs to be updated? Apologies in advance as I was an existing client and opened an additional account and it indicates the 2.75% rate.
Ah that's why.. it's an existing client offer.

If you click on your link while you're not signed in, you get redirected to https://offers.manulifebank.ca/entry.html.

Damn, I just closed my account earlier this month too thinking they weren't going to offer anymore high interest savings after the 3.25%/3.3% 6 months promo... I actually enjoyed using Manulife Bank too, just didn't have a reason to use it over Tangerine/Simplii.
Apr 7, 2019
561 posts
707 upvotes
This offer is only for new clients. I am an existing client and don't have this offer.

2.75% promotional rate is for a new personal, non-registered, Canadian-dollar Advantage Account. The promotional interest rate is made up of the regular posted annual variable interest rate of 1.15% and the variable annual promotional rate of 1.60%. Interest is calculated daily and paid monthly on net new deposits for the first 150 days (5 months) after account opening to a maximum of $100,000. Any change to the regular interest rate will result in a corresponding change to the promotional interest rate. The offer is limited to one account per client and cannot be combined with other offers. The offer and rates are as of January 10, 2020 and subject to change without notice.
[OP]
Mar 14, 2014
387 posts
472 upvotes
mr2711 wrote: This offer is only for new clients. I am an existing client and don't have this offer.

2.75% promotional rate is for a new personal, non-registered, Canadian-dollar Advantage Account. The promotional interest rate is made up of the regular posted annual variable interest rate of 1.15% and the variable annual promotional rate of 1.60%. Interest is calculated daily and paid monthly on net new deposits for the first 150 days (5 months) after account opening to a maximum of $100,000. Any change to the regular interest rate will result in a corresponding change to the promotional interest rate. The offer is limited to one account per client and cannot be combined with other offers. The offer and rates are as of January 10, 2020 and subject to change without notice.
I can only share my personal experience from clicking on the link and selecting existing client and it gave me the 2.75% when I opened the account. I've deleted the thread. Sorry, never meant to mislead anyone.
Jul 14, 2009
421 posts
790 upvotes
GTA
mikesanity wrote: what's the promo code?
Promo code groupbenefitsadva worked for me.
However, I am an existing Manulife Bank client.
Jul 14, 2009
421 posts
790 upvotes
GTA
For existing or new clients, try using this link:

Code: Select all

https://client.manulifebank.com/edo/#/productCatalogue/BANK_ID=MNL&LANG_ID=001&PROMO_ID=DGBAug2019&ITEM_ID=ADVA&entryCode=groupbenefitsadva
Limited time offer: Earn 2.75%* for 5 months when you open an Advantage Account. Enjoy the benefits of a high interest savings account with the flexibility of a chequing account.
Sep 6, 2009
587 posts
215 upvotes
TimBitz wrote: For existing or new clients, try using this link:

Code: Select all

https://client.manulifebank.com/edo/#/productCatalogue/BANK_ID=MNL&LANG_ID=001&PROMO_ID=DGBAug2019&ITEM_ID=ADVA&entryCode=groupbenefitsadva
Limited time offer: Earn 2.75%* for 5 months when you open an Advantage Account. Enjoy the benefits of a high interest savings account with the flexibility of a chequing account.
Does this require opening a new advantage account when I already have an existing advantage account from last promo?
[OP]
Mar 14, 2014
387 posts
472 upvotes
dadizhu wrote: Does this require opening a new advantage account when I already have an existing advantage account from last promo?
You can have more than one Advantage account, only one can have a promotional interest rate. New money is required and and anything in the original account will not count if you attempt to transfer the funds over , I left 2 cents in mine after my previous promo expired.