2 posts
46 upvotes
SURREY

Earn 2.15% for 4 months when you open an Advantage Account

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Manulife Bank
Manulife Bank Limited Time Offer
Earn 2.15%* for 4 months when you open an Advantage Account. Enjoy the benefits of a high-interest savings account with the flexibility of a chequing account.

* 2.15% promotional rate is for new deposits to a new personal, non-registered, Canadian-dollar Advantage Account. The promotional interest rate is made up of the regular posted annual variable interest rate of 0.15% and the variable annual promotional rate of 2.00%. Interest is calculated daily and paid monthly on net new deposits for the first 120 days (4 months) after account opening to a maximum of $250,000. Any change to the regular interest rate will result in a corresponding change to the promotional interest rate. The offer is limited to one account per client and cannot be combined with other offers. The offer and rates are as of September 21, 2020 and subject to change without notice.

Free, unlimited transactions when you keep at least $1,000 in your Advantage Account. Plus, Canadian bank-to-bank transfers are always free.
Last edited by Redmask on Sep 24th, 2020 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed referral ID from link. No referrals here.
256 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1339 posts
178 upvotes
I was a member in January and closed the account. Am I still eligible?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7641 posts
1710 upvotes
Mont-Royal
if i remember correctly, it requires a hard credit check
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Jul 7, 2018
15 posts
105 upvotes
A good rate, but what does this mean?
I authorize my representative, Jiao Yang, to be assigned to this account and understand that they
may receive future compensation related to this account.
Jan 21, 2019
74 posts
155 upvotes
coffeecoffee wrote: A good rate, but what does this mean?
Sounds like they assign you an advisor who will probably do a bit of leg work in making sure all info on the account is set up correctly. They’ll receive credit for doing so which will count towards an bonus, presumably.

More than likely you’ll hear from them to try and sell you certain products etc.

I’m guessing that’s how it works!
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
1218 posts
1094 upvotes
OP’s name is JiaoYang so I guess this post will disappear soon
coffeecoffee wrote: A good rate, but what does this mean?
Aug 27, 2012
463 posts
415 upvotes
Calgary
L4cky wrote: if i remember correctly, it requires a hard credit check
There was no hard inquiry a year ago. I also remember others reporting that opening another account in addition to old one qualified for a promotion when it was around for a second time. I am wondering if this is going to be the case for existing customers again. Still have an old account from original promo which obviously won’t qualify.
Aug 22, 2012
173 posts
149 upvotes
My promo just ended today, wonder if they will extend or I'll have to transfer to EQ 1.7% as the base rate with Manulife is terrible
Jun 11, 2013
24 posts
34 upvotes
Opened new account and it shows the correct rate @ 2.15%. I had account with them on last promo 3.35% and never closed it. Sign up took about 3 minutes.

Pity about the 250k cap but thanks OP. BEST rate currently offered.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7103 posts
1166 upvotes
Toronto
naticom wrote: OP’s name is JiaoYang so I guess this post will disappear soon
I think the mods normally just replace his referral link with one that flows the referral $ to RFD.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
1873 posts
523 upvotes
Toronto
Does that work out to roughly $716 with a $100K deposit?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7416 posts
3527 upvotes
So much easier to set this up than calling Tangerine and begging for a promo rate. Thanks OP! :)
Jun 11, 2013
24 posts
34 upvotes
blindemboss wrote: Does that work out to roughly $716 with a $100K deposit?
About $180/month x 4 month so yes your math adds up. :)

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

profile, adrian2