Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Manulife

Manulife HISA 2.0% for 4 months

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2021 7:33 am
Tags:
Dec 4, 2005
516 posts
702 upvotes
Mississauga

Manulife HISA 2.0% for 4 months

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Manulife
Manulife is running a promo for HISA (Advantage Accounts), 2% interest for 4 month. That's AFAIK the best promotion available right now from any bank/financial institution.

Limited time offer: Earn 2.00%* for 4 months when you open an Advantage Account. Enjoy the benefits of a high interest savings account with the flexibility of a chequing account.

2.00% promotional rate is for new deposits to a new personal, non-registered, Canadian-dollar Advantage Account. The promotional interest rate is made up of the regular posted annual variable interest rate of 0.15% and the variable annual promotional rate of 1.85%. Interest is calculated daily and paid monthly beginning on the date of application and continuing 120 days (4 months) on net new deposits to a maximum of $250,000. Any change to the regular interest rate will result in a corresponding change to the promotional interest rate. The offer is limited to one account per client and cannot be combined with other offers. The offer and rates are as of April 19, 2021 and subject to change without notice.
Terms and conditions of the offer are available here .

To see the offer go to https://www.manulifebank.ca/personal-ba ... count.html, click "Open an Account" and you will see the promo on the next page.

All credit goes to @flyjazz from "Official RFD thread for High Interest Savings Accounts" thread.
Last edited by ipopov on May 8th, 2021 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
307 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2006
2637 posts
1353 upvotes
Orleans, ON
Will they ever have promos for existing account holders...?!
Jul 9, 2017
85 posts
45 upvotes
God amongst men. Thank you for the post!
Jul 9, 2017
85 posts
45 upvotes
Poulet wrote: Will they ever have promos for existing account holders...?!
It works for existing. It’s a new account number though
Jul 5, 2015
197 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto, ON
thanks for sharing. are there any implications I should be aware of? (need to maintain certain balance or get penalized with fees, etc). basically thinking of moving some amount of money during promo and move back to main bank.
Mar 14, 2009
608 posts
979 upvotes
Halifax
Sweeeeet. Thanks OP. Been waiting for this. And a nice juicy max. balance as well.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2006
2637 posts
1353 upvotes
Orleans, ON
sablitz wrote: It works for existing. It’s a new account number though
I can open a second account if I am an existing client and obtain the promo on that second account?
Jan 29, 2013
106 posts
78 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks OP. Just opened as an existing client with the previous advantage account already existing.
Jul 9, 2017
85 posts
45 upvotes
Poulet wrote: I can open a second account if I am an existing client and obtain the promo on that second account?

Yes, this is my third account because of the various promos over the years
Aug 27, 2012
648 posts
699 upvotes
Calgary
I guess it's time to open my third savings account with Manulife. Thanks for sharing!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9290 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
to open an account how long does it take? to mail in a cheque etc.. i mean the date of application is the date when u apply or the date u can log in?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Aug 11, 2006
85 posts
48 upvotes
How is this the best? Tangerine promo is 2.1% for 5 months?
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2015
1291 posts
486 upvotes
Montreal, QC
sablitz wrote:
Yes, this is my third account because of the various promos over the years
Do we have to close the existing advantage account first and then open another one?
Dec 4, 2005
516 posts
702 upvotes
Mississauga
hyyk wrote: How is this the best? Tangerine promo is 2.1% for 5 months?
This is for new clients only, not available for me. I would think most HISA rate hunters already have Tangerine accounts. Manulife promo is available for everyone.
Last edited by ipopov on May 8th, 2021 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 14, 2009
982 posts
670 upvotes
Kingston
Warning to those with an existing Advantage account:

Don't transfer first to your existing account and then into the new Advantage account with the promo rate. That would not be considered new money and you will be terribly upset at the end of the month.
Jul 9, 2017
85 posts
45 upvotes
nahsha wrote: Do we have to close the existing advantage account first and then open another one?
Nope, it’ll just be another account when you look on the account balance page
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2256 posts
6075 upvotes
Vancouver
Nice.
Had an existing account. Just opened a new one; takes about 1 minute.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2015
1291 posts
486 upvotes
Montreal, QC
We won't get in trouble for having multiple advantage accounts with manu?
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
After opening this account yesterday ... -- now I have 3 similar accounts all together, lol.

Do you guys let those just stay there ... or do you remove some of them after some time?

I imagine only one account is sufficient there to remain an existing customer with existing account?

P.S.

Is there a maximum number of those similar accounts one can have there at Manu.?
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
nahsha wrote: We won't get in trouble for having multiple advantage accounts with manu?
No. You are allowed to have multiple accounts there.