Expired Hot Deals

[Manulife] Manulife Vitality Members can now get a discounted Apple Watch, as low as $17

[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3499 posts
3769 upvotes
Toronto

Manulife Vitality Members can now get a discounted Apple Watch, as low as $17

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
$400
Retailer:
Manulife
Manulife is trying to promote a healithier lifestyle by giving Manulife Vitality Members Apple Watch's from $17.

Link from Manulife

https://www.manulife.ca/for-you/insurance/vitality.html

Mobilesyrup also reported on it

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/10/23/manu ... ign=buffer
34 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
13109 posts
2857 upvotes
is this the company insurance or individual?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Apr 26, 2005
530 posts
112 upvotes
Richmond
not sure if our company group insurance has this.
Feb 3, 2007
873 posts
81 upvotes
my group policy doesnt qualify from what the rep said on the phone :S
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2687 posts
1190 upvotes
Couple of links with more info:

Manulife Vitality cost calculator

Manulife Vitality powerpoint presentation This will open a powerpoint presentation with comments.

For our family our monthly life insurance costs would jump over $100 per month.

Manulife Vitality Basics:
  • Your beneficiaries receive a tax-free, lump-sum benefit after your death 
  • Choose $500,000 to 20 million in coverage
  • Stay protected for a term of 20 years, renewable to age 80 or to age 65
  • Earn Vitality PointsTM and Vitality StatusTM when you complete educational, fitness and health-related activities
  • The more engaged you are with the program and live a healthy lifestyle, the more rewards you can enjoy:
  • Opportunity to save on your future insurance rates* 
  • Personalized health goals and a free monitoring device to check on your progress 
  • Rewards and discounts
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
1782 posts
927 upvotes
Presumably this is if all health data is accessible to Manulife?
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1155 posts
655 upvotes
Near You
aviator_13 wrote: Presumably this is if all health data is accessible to Manulife?
Probably not, you can set permissions on your iPhone
⬢ American Express Platinum ⬢ TD Aeroplan VI ⬢ Brim ⬢ STACK ⬢ Revolut
TDCT ⬢ HSBC Premier ⬢ Tangerine ⬢ Motive
Fido 15GB/50$ ⬢ Google Fi ⬢ Novus 1GIG/60$
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
13156 posts
6192 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
aviator_13 wrote: Presumably this is if all health data is accessible to Manulife?
Vitality is actually a US based program which several large corporations have signed up for - my previous employer was one of them. They say that they don't share any of the information collected at the individual level but will consolidate the information so that generalized statistics on the programs progress can be monitored - ie. average number of steps for men in the age group of 20 to 29 years old and if that improved from the previous year for the group in question (Manulife subscribers).
Jan 7, 2008
211 posts
42 upvotes
simsin wrote: my group policy doesnt qualify from what the rep said on the phone :S
Vitality isn’t an add on but is part of a family term individual insurance policy that Manulife offers. If any of you have any questions ask away.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2101 posts
1226 upvotes
Toronto
King of Canada wrote: Vitality isn’t an add on but is part of a family term individual insurance policy that Manulife offers. If any of you have any questions ask away.
Preface: I have no idea how insurance stuff works, what this entails, but being self employed, I feel like it may be time to be insured.

Question: is this good for self employment?
Jan 7, 2008
211 posts
42 upvotes
vtse wrote: Preface: I have no idea how insurance stuff works, what this entails, but being self employed, I feel like it may be time to be insured.

Question: is this good for self employment?
Yes for sure. Basically you apply through an advisor and are fully underwritten. You complete an application that asks your personal and medical history (standard for individual insurance), and depending on how much covg you apply for possibly some medical testing (although Manulife is leading the way in reducing the chance that you have to do testing). Once approved the policy is issued and delivered to you by your advisor.

Manulife offers a regular family term policy that does not have Vitality. The family term with vitality works the same, but with vitality your premiums are on a sliding scale that can go up or down based on how active you are. The rates are locked in and stated in your contract so they never get higher than what is stated in the contract. If you are healthy and active you can save quite a bit on your premiums. If you don’t know insurance, the “term” in family term is how long your rates are locked in. A term 20 for example locks your rates in for 20 years.
Apr 4, 2017
975 posts
240 upvotes
Toronto
What's the catch.... I have insurance through my company but not sure if I qualify?
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2101 posts
1226 upvotes
Toronto
King of Canada wrote: Yes for sure. Basically you apply through an advisor and are fully underwritten. You complete an application that asks your personal and medical history (standard for individual insurance), and depending on how much covg you apply for possibly some medical testing (although Manulife is leading the way in reducing the chance that you have to do testing). Once approved the policy is issued and delivered to you by your advisor.

Manulife offers a regular family term policy that does not have Vitality. The family term with vitality works the same, but with vitality your premiums are on a sliding scale that can go up or down based on how active you are. The rates are locked in and stated in your contract so they never get higher than what is stated in the contract. If you are healthy and active you can save quite a bit on your premiums. If you don’t know insurance, the “term” in family term is how long your rates are locked in. A term 20 for example locks your rates in for 20 years.
What sort of range can I expect to pay for insurance if I'm active and healthy?