Fitness and Nutrition

Manulife Vitality Experience?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2023 9:23 pm
Aug 10, 2022
13 posts
10 upvotes

Manulife Vitality Experience?

hey all, my extended health thru work is with manulife, and they have this vitality add-on which is meant to reward you for things like working out or health checkups etc.. just wondering if anyone else is using this and what your experience is?

in particular, i'm wondering about the weekly active points target. it started off pretty low and easy to meet and increased each week. i'm now need 140 pts this week (20 pts/day for a 30 min workout, and 30 pts/day for a 45 min workout - or some combo thereof). each week you hit the goal, it increases the target by 10 pts.

i'm curious if this will max out at 210 pts/week, and stay there, because you can't log more than a 45 min workout per day. i think the likelihood that i get 210 pts/week consistently is low and this really won't be a motivator for me anymore unless the target starts to drop.
4 replies
Jun 11, 2014
439 posts
558 upvotes
Edmonton
I have a Term 25 Plan with Manulife Vitality. I got discounted Apple Watches (the rest of which is paid by insurance). I got in when you got Amazon Gift Cards for every status you earned. I've been Platinum for two years and got probably a couple hundred in gift cards. I also got the free hello fresh certificates and a free year of Amazon Prime (my current plan is up in September, so I'll apply it then).

The easiest way to earn the workouts using Vitality Active Rewards is to start an open workout, and just stop it after it you've completed an Advanced Workout, which makes it pretty easy to get 140 pts.
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18182 posts
14186 upvotes
Toronto
Mine has never gone past 140 pts and the totals decline if you aren't reaching them.

It's a bit silly though that it isn't time or intensity based.

For example, I can ride a bike path with my son for 45 minutes at 15 km/h and get 30 points, or I can ride my road bike for 6 hours and do 180 km and still get.......30 points.
Aug 6, 2013
95 posts
70 upvotes
Sorry for reviving this discussion here, but I found that Vitality goes under the radar for all the benefits it comes with.
Not sure what you are talking about about this weekly goal, all I have is the monthly goal of 500 points to pay off the Apple Watch, which I super easy to achieve (but I'm pretty active, I could see this is not as easy for some people). And then the yearly goal of 10 000 points to become a platinum, which is also achievable with the differents you can get points (form, vaccine, medical exam, quiz, objectives, mindness, sports, etc).

So far, in my case at least, the perks have outweight the cost of the program by a lot (I pay around 30$/month for the insurance) :
  • Apple Watch is a 18$/month. After 2 years, you can order a new Apple Watch and resell the old one (sold the old one for 220$, or 9$/month). Still need to pay about 100$ for the Apple Watch dought.
  • 50% off at Expedia (dont apply on taxes) for two trip, up to 500$ off per trip.
  • a 83$ coupon for HelloFresh, so basically a free box. There also a 45$ and 20$ rebate when you reach gold and silver.
  • GoodLife Fitness : I didn't try, but it looks pretty good. Doesn't work in Energie Cardio.
  • 60% off with Saucony. Not a real rebate, at this only applies to full price item. But still pretty strong.
  • Free prime membership after 3 years enrolled in the program.
  • 40% off Fitbit, 30% off Garmin. Not has insteresting has you will probably other the Apple Watch.
And the list of partners tends to change and vary. As other mentionned, they use to give Amazon gift card. Also, they used to have a Hotels.com offers, and with the switch to expedia, we were able to double dip in the same year. So far, this program has returned me increadible value.
Dec 16, 2020
22 posts
9 upvotes
Does anyone have a garmin code they are willing to share?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)