Many ebay sellers are being ripped off

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 3rd, 2020 3:00 am
[OP]
Dec 22, 2010
330 posts
99 upvotes

Many ebay sellers are being ripped off

People stop ripping off ebay sellers for postal worker's delivery delays. It's caused by the coronvirus pandemic, not by the sellers. Many Canadian sellers, including me, are honest people just trying to make a buck. Many sellers-particularly those non-professional sellers-are keeping their sales on because there are no other incomes or relief they can receive. Just stop ripping off ebay sellers especially at a time like this. It's really sad and hurtful.

Just a rant. I've experienced this kind of situation through last Canada Post Strike, but this time is worse. Some are even targeted.
15 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
6144 posts
3104 upvotes
Vancouver
The problem is eBay allows buyers only up to maximum of 30 days after expected delivery date to file an "item not received" claim.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4878 posts
457 upvotes
gave up on rfd for g…
Please, maybe china should not ship via the Seychelles or Vanuatu and we might get our goods on time. I always put in a no receipt at day 29. Sorry OP but I dont care why or cause but I preserve my rights.
Left rfd
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
16048 posts
4554 upvotes
Markham
notenoughsleep wrote: The problem is eBay allows buyers only up to maximum of 30 days after expected delivery date to file an "item not received" claim.
Yes, at time like this or if any courier strike , ebay to extend it. but they won't.
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15064 posts
2645 upvotes
Stop selling until the normal delivery times are re-established.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7957 posts
4578 upvotes
Alberta
Mines coming up to 30 days. Believe it or not it says on the ad shipped from Winnipeg, Mb. Highly doubt it, pretty sure it’s coming from China. 2 more days and I’m putting in a not received claim.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
4263 posts
383 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Even Canadapost doesnt offer signature within Canada right now.I heard already people shipping items with tracking numbers getting scammed by buyers who said they never received it even though tracking says its was.Yes I know theft and miss delivery happens but this seller is saying he never seen it this bad before and he is pulling high price items and just doing the sub $100 sales.
Banned
Dec 16, 2019
121 posts
57 upvotes
I've never bought from EBay, but imo, if the item doesnt arrive in 30 days, and their policy is that you can file an item not received after that period? I'm filing that on the day. I dont care what time were in or what's going on. Stop selling until the pandemic is over, or dont sell through Ebay.
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
6144 posts
3104 upvotes
Vancouver
Imgonnagetyou wrote: I've never bought from EBay, but imo, if the item doesnt arrive in 30 days, and their policy is that you can file an item not received after that period? I'm filing that on the day. I dont care what time were in or what's going on. Stop selling until the pandemic is over, or dont sell through Ebay.
You have to file within 30 days of the expected arrival date. It won't let you file after the 30 days have passed.
Banned
Dec 16, 2019
121 posts
57 upvotes
notenoughsleep wrote: You have to file within 30 days of the expected arrival date. It won't let you file after the 30 days have passed.
As I said, never bought or sold anything on ebay. Just so I'm clear on this...

So you purchase something on ebay. Let's say the expected delivery date is 5 days after. If the item doesnt arrive by that date, on the 6th day you can file a non receipt? And then what happens? Ebay credits your credit card back whether the item comes a day or 2 after or not?
[OP]
Dec 22, 2010
330 posts
99 upvotes
Imgonnagetyou wrote: As I said, never bought or sold anything on ebay. Just so I'm clear on this...

So you purchase something on ebay. Let's say the expected delivery date is 5 days after. If the item doesnt arrive by that date, on the 6th day you can file a non receipt? And then what happens? Ebay credits your credit card back whether the item comes a day or 2 after or not?
We've got a live one.
Banned
Dec 16, 2019
121 posts
57 upvotes
testmann wrote: We've got a live one.
Too bad. If that's their policy and they allow it, then stop using ebay and sell elsewhere. Dont thread up and cry about it.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35543 posts
21599 upvotes
Center of Universe
Use a courier?
Deal Addict
May 22, 2015
1916 posts
2116 upvotes
BC
Postal worker delays? Untracked oversized domestic is taking 30+ days?
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
13025 posts
2300 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
It's nice that Aliexpress has the option for buyer/seller to agree to extend the guarantee, which I will probably need to do in a couple of weeks.
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3841 upvotes
testmann wrote: People stop ripping off ebay sellers for postal worker's delivery delays. It's caused by the coronvirus pandemic, not by the sellers. Many Canadian sellers, including me, are honest people just trying to make a buck. Many sellers-particularly those non-professional sellers-are keeping their sales on because there are no other incomes or relief they can receive. Just stop ripping off ebay sellers especially at a time like this. It's really sad and hurtful.

Just a rant. I've experienced this kind of situation through last Canada Post Strike, but this time is worse. Some are even targeted.
Why don't you put delivery date 30 days then? It might not be the regular 5-10 business day, but they still arrive in 15-20 majority of time. So just extend the expected delivery date?

Also, I never knew that ebay caps at 30 days. Thanks to all for this info. I always waited for chinese sellers according to their estimate, which is usually 60 day including non business days. I guess they can always tell me to go pound sand, but nobody did, probably because I buy 2-5$ items and they don't want a neg rep.