Shopping Discussion

Marketplace tested over 20 different masks. Here's what will best protect you and others during the pandemic

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2020 1:59 pm
Jan 11, 2007
529 posts
137 upvotes
GTA
Anyone know where I can buy a box of the blue disposable surgical masks that the hospitals use. I was given one to wear at a visit to the hospital and compared to masks from a box of the generic ones (made in china) which i had bought, the hospital one was far superior in quality. The material was noticeable thicker/stiffer. The nose wire was stronger, yet easily took the shape of your nose better. The ear loop material was more substantial (thicker); easily stretched but not as loose as the generic ones. All this made the mask fit better on the face without the gaping at the sides, and with little or no air escaping to fog glasses.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2002
1831 posts
912 upvotes
Midland
slinger99 wrote: Anyone know where I can buy a box of the blue disposable surgical masks that the hospitals use. I was given one to wear at a visit to the hospital and compared to masks from a box of the generic ones (made in china) which i had bought, the hospital one was far superior in quality. The material was noticeable thicker/stiffer. The nose wire was stronger, yet easily took the shape of your nose better. The ear loop material was more substantial (thicker); easily stretched but not as loose as the generic ones. All this made the mask fit better on the face without the gaping at the sides, and with little or no air escaping to fog glasses.
Check this thread here
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
5040 posts
4289 upvotes
Vancouver
Maybe people will finally stop peddling those cotton masks.

If your mask doesn't have a layer of non-woven polypropylene, you might as well not wear a mask.

Look the difference below. That's right, that box of blue masks selling for $7.99 at the supermarket will outperform your fabric mask, regardless of whether it's made by Adidas or LV.

Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1368 posts
249 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone have experiences with this brand of reuseable mask with antimicrobial treated material from USA? Seems to have been around for abit and have had some positive reviews... https://www.breathehealthy.com/

or some of the more expensive ones from vogmask, O2 Curve CAnada, etc?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)