Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
22018 posts
25597 upvotes
Toronto

[Hyundai] Markham - June 18. $10 Hyundai HQ Taste of Korea Alberta fundraiser

[IMG]http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee22 ... chyipy.jpg[/IMG]

June 18. 11AM-2PM

For a small $10 donation, you will be able to enjoy Korean BBQ, Korean music, test-drive some Hyundai vehicles, and get a free multi-point inspection of your car. Hyundai will also be matching all donations made in-person at this event. In fact, Hyundai Auto Canada and Hyundai dealers nationwide are striving to raise a $100,000 donation to the Canadian Red Cross.

This fundraiser will be held at Hyundai’s national headquarters in Markham, ON. Find us here:

http://ow.ly/ZB333010ytl

Please come out and help Hyundai support a great cause!
"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
12 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
2709 posts
1461 upvotes
Barrie
I am a Hyundai owner in the GTA. You would think they would have sent an email to me alerting me to this. Oh well that's why I have RFD!
Banned
Mar 3, 2006
1198 posts
271 upvotes
Edmonton
hmm, what does this has to do with Alberta?
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13897 posts
8993 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Money from the BBQ goes to Fort Mcmurray me think.
acekiller wrote: hmm, what does this has to do with Alberta?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8512 posts
3685 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
Korean BBQ... like Korean Grillhouse BBQ, or Sariwon Korean BBQ??
Mar 7, 2005
792 posts
253 upvotes
They didn't call me back after I applied for a job, so I'm on the fence if I want to go. LOL. Sounds like an interesting event and goes to a good cause. I'll see if I can toss the family in the can and drop by.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1754 posts
1176 upvotes
ToniCipriani wrote: Korean BBQ... like Korean Grillhouse BBQ, or Sariwon Korean BBQ??
lol, korean grillhouse bbq is not korean bbq;only korean thing about it is bbq table, thats about it;
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8512 posts
3685 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
JIB9022 wrote: lol, korean grillhouse bbq is not korean bbq;only korean thing about it is bbq table, thats about it;
...that was my point.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
2366 posts
803 upvotes
Marketing Ploy I guess to make themselves look good. This supposedly Korean company do not support local Korean events and causes so I have no reason to support them. I donated to charity directly.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1754 posts
1176 upvotes
ToniCipriani wrote: ...that was my point.
I know it was, brah; I was completely agreeing with u ,I was just reiterating
Jan 5, 2009
258 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
This was a great event! Too bad you guys bashed it up so bad.

Korean ribs, pork tenderloin, chicken drum sticks, pork spare ribs, amazing Korean sides and typical salads. The best was the open bar ice cream truck. No restrictions.

There was a Korean DJ spinning Korean hip hop and they hired some anime dancer (looked kinda kinky tho :s). One funny part was one of the songs dropped a MF bomb and they quickly had to tune that out.

They also has their typical car inspection there with their technicians giving a 60 pt report.

I got a first hand view if the new iconiq. The BEV version was actually inside head office getting charged up. One of the tech guys said likely 40 k 28kwh battery and 180km range. Good enough for 14k Ontario EV rebate.

Thanked some of the organizers for raising funds for a good cause. Really a shame previous posters gave it.such a bad rap. Hyundai likely spent 10k out of their own pockets and raised some money for the cause. It would have been a shame that hard words turned away money. A couple of license plates were from Alberta so either on vacation or displaced. The need for support is real.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2739 posts
1081 upvotes
Ottawa
solisjava wrote: This was a great event! Too bad you guys bashed it up so bad.

Korean ribs, pork tenderloin, chicken drum sticks, pork spare ribs, amazing Korean sides and typical salads. The best was the open bar ice cream truck. No restrictions.

There was a Korean DJ spinning Korean hip hop and they hired some anime dancer (looked kinda kinky tho :s). One funny part was one of the songs dropped a MF bomb and they quickly had to tune that out.

They also has their typical car inspection there with their technicians giving a 60 pt report.

I got a first hand view if the new iconiq. The BEV version was actually inside head office getting charged up. One of the tech guys said likely 40 k 28kwh battery and 180km range. Good enough for 14k Ontario EV rebate.

Thanked some of the organizers for raising funds for a good cause. Really a shame previous posters gave it.such a bad rap. Hyundai likely spent 10k out of their own pockets and raised some money for the cause. It would have been a shame that hard words turned away money. A couple of license plates were from Alberta so either on vacation or displaced. The need for support is real.
So happy there is positive support for Alberta still. The media has pretty much stopped talking about it.
Jun 21, 2005
344 posts
132 upvotes
Nice to see companies and individuals from across Canada supporting Fort McMurray. Residents are returning home, but many are still in need of financial assistance.