Expired Hot Deals

[Mark's] Mark's 30-70% off Nov 22nd and 23rd

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2019 11:10 pm
Tags:
Jul 16, 2019
729 posts
743 upvotes
Mark's is double-charging my credit card. I have three pending transactions: one for the total amount of my order, then one for each of the two products I bought, adding up to the total amount.

Will this clear up when the transactions get posted or did Mark's royally screw up?
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
4515 posts
926 upvotes
Toronto
someweirdo wrote: Mark's is double-charging my credit card. I have three pending transactions: one for the total amount of my order, then one for each of the two products I bought, adding up to the total amount.

Will this clear up when the transactions get posted or did Mark's royally screw up?
Most likely. I ordered 7 items and they split the order into 3 different shipments. Charged my credit card in 3 different transactions. Just keep track of your statements.
Jul 16, 2019
729 posts
743 upvotes
Mr. Robo wrote: Most likely. I ordered 7 items and they split the order into 3 different shipments. Charged my credit card in 3 different transactions. Just keep track of your statements.
Most likely it'll clear up or most likely they screwed up?

My order is also coming in multiple shipments. Is your card getting double-charged, too?
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
4515 posts
926 upvotes
Toronto
someweirdo wrote: Most likely it'll clear up or most likely they screwed up?

My order is also coming in multiple shipments. Is your card getting double-charged, too?
That's what I thought. Got me worried, but in the end. Those multiple transactions on the credit card will clear up and I got 3 separate shipping notices which were coming from different Marks outlet across Canada.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
2551 posts
2427 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
someweirdo wrote: Mark's is double-charging my credit card. I have three pending transactions: one for the total amount of my order, then one for each of the two products I bought, adding up to the total amount.

Wait and see what actually posts.

First charge is probably a pre authorization for the total amount then the other charges are the actual charges as the items ship.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
5403 posts
3280 upvotes
M-Arkham
someweirdo wrote: Most likely it'll clear up or most likely they screwed up?

It will get cleared up as the order get processed, initially it look like a double charge due to how e-commence work with pre-authorization and finalization of payments, especially when the order is split up into multiple pieces

I would wait a few days to see what got sent and what got canceled before I get too concern about it
1x Zoomer $45 for 7GB ,unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
1x Fido $40 for 7Gb w/ unlimited Canada wide
Jul 16, 2019
729 posts
743 upvotes
Ecsta wrote: First charge is probably a pre authorization for the total amount then the other charges are the actual charges as the items ship.
That would make sense, since the first charge is the one that's for the total amount.
Jul 16, 2019
729 posts
743 upvotes
You guys were right. The initial charge for the total amount has disappeared, leaving only the two charges for each individual item.