Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Marks Works Wearhouse

Marks Free Canada Wide Shipping - No Minimum

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2017 12:59 am
23 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2004
5083 posts
2804 upvotes
Edmonton
Marks ships Purlolator... ordered a couple of things and they all came in different orders from all over. Purolator left some on the porch, the other we had to drive to the stupid depot. Pain in the butt.
Jul 14, 2012
83 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto Ontario Cana…
Purolator is the worst. They require a signature even for parcels worth less than $10. After only one delivery attempt they require an attendance at their depot in a godforsaken area of Scarborough. For a $10 item?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5865 posts
3138 upvotes
Winnipeg
Agree, avoid Purolator at any cost. Had good experience with ups.
Lucky Mobile | Public Mobile | Simplii | Tangerine | CIBC
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2007
3799 posts
797 upvotes
ON
at least Purolator attempts to deliver. Canada Post never bothered that...most of time they don't even bother put a notice card in my mailbox :facepalm:
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2004
5083 posts
2804 upvotes
Edmonton
ppnndd wrote: at least Purolator attempts to deliver. Canada Post never bothered that...most of time they don't even bother put a notice card in my mailbox :facepalm:
Canada post has depots everywhere, so it's a 5 minute drive to get my package. Or it's in the community mailbox. Purolator came to the house, rang the bell and drove off before I could even answer the door. For a $5 marks water bottle... 25 minute drive to their depot.

I get that Marks and Sport Check deliver from whatever store they can which I guess is ok, but it's annoying if you order 5 things, and you can get 5 different deliveries.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
7083 posts
5211 upvotes
U4IA wrote: I get that Marks and Sport Check deliver from whatever store they can which I guess is ok, but it's annoying if you order 5 things, and you can get 5 different deliveries.
The thing I hate about their system is that I have had an order cancelled because the store that my order was allocated to ran out of stock.

Meanwhile, there is still inventory at another store. But, the sale is over so I can't get the deal.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4360 posts
585 upvotes
Messed Up Area
Join there mailing list and get 10% off 1st order
+ use ebates for 3% off now

So basically save tax in ontario and free shipping.
Penalty Box
Dec 16, 2013
1458 posts
520 upvotes
Mississauga
theguyz wrote: Join there mailing list and get 10% off 1st order
+ use ebates for 3% off now

So basically save tax in ontario and free shipping.
Not exactly. But close enough. You save 3% off the total less 10%. So not exactly 13%.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4451 posts
2016 upvotes
Scarborough
If Purolator is owned by Canada Post can't you use their Flex Delivery then?
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
3470 posts
728 upvotes
GTA
fedex is the best, ups is middle and purolator is trash from my experience.
Jul 22, 2006
807 posts
1676 upvotes
duckdown wrote: FedEx is king
FedEx is horrible. I was supposed to have a package delivered by FedEx this week and tracking said it was supposed to be delivered by Tuesday at end of day. I check my tracking and it says "customer not available or business closed" at 5:17. I was home at that time and someone was also home all day and I know my doorbell works, so the driver was too lazy to deliver the package and LIED about why it wasn't delivered. I went halfway across the city to their depot and I told the person there what happened and she wasn't surprised and when I got my package she even said that it didn't need a signature. Of course this driver will not face any consequences and makes me want to avoid FedEx whenever possible.

FedEx is not the king. They're a bunch of jokers.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7409 posts
6686 upvotes
Toronto
Currently living in a condo and have had zero issues, mainly because security signs for all packages.

If you're in a house, definitely YMMV.
Koodo Mobile
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2003
1072 posts
815 upvotes
Toronto
You can always get a No Signature Required sticker from Purolator by filling out a form so you don't have to deal with missed deliveries.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
3026 posts
1670 upvotes
B.C.
I think Victoria, BC might be the only place where Purolator has a convenient location for their depot!

The hours still suck though and it's closed on weekends.

Edit: My package shipped with Canada Post...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2001
7099 posts
329 upvotes
Toronto
It all depends on the drivers/delivery guy.
I've had them all just walk up to my door, and place the "sorry we missed you" note on without even knocking.
I'm home some weekdays, and my dog alerts me when someone is approaching the door.
I've chased them down each time.

Onetime, it was soo bad. UPS. I opened the door as he stuck the note on the door. He would not make eye contact or answer my repeated questions, Why didn't you knock?

And I've had other knock very hard, repeatedly. Knocked so hard, I heard it in the backyard while working.

anyways, i am ordering some sporks. Kids love them.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
3744 posts
1986 upvotes
Vancouver
jarko wrote: fedex is the best, ups is middle and purolator is trash from my experience.
In my experience (apartment dweller) Fedex is at the bottom, then Purolator, then UPS, and Canada Post at the top.