Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Marks Works Wearhouse

Winter boot - Columbia bugaboot - $75

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 6th, 2020 4:27 am
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
1277 posts
2620 upvotes
polish_jr333 wrote: Is there such a thing as truly warm boots? I've given up looking. Tried everything out there and there's simply nothing that will keep my toes warm when standing for 10 mins waiting for a bus when it's 15 below. I got the Kodiak Rover II with 400 grams of Thinsulate which have actually been better than anything I've had before.. but still far from ideal. Feet get cold while outside, then stay freezing while I'm inside for half an hour. All Sorels I've owned have been complete BS, and Blundstone's were a joke in the cold... and then they fell apart after two seasons. I'm hoping the battery powered stuff is good because I'll start looking at that this winter.
I had the same issue, but 2 winters ago found a paid of Windriver boots that have kept my feet and toes warm for the first time in my life. I have no idea what they're called and can't find them on the website anymore though :( they're similar style to the snow leopards but not the same

Now to find gloves that are actually warm..
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2017
1535 posts
1732 upvotes
Ontario
Enforcer22 wrote: I had the same issue, but 2 winters ago found a paid of Windriver boots that have kept my feet and toes warm for the first time in my life. I have no idea what they're called and can't find them on the website anymore though :( they're similar style to the snow leopards but not the same

Now to find gloves that are actually warm..
Get some nice thick socks, it’ll add bulk so you’ll want a boot about half a size larger to accommodate. I’m 11.5 and always buy 12. I got these L.L. Bean socks and they help a lot.

Anyway thanks for this post OP! Picked up these boots today and like them a lot. A little hard to get on but for heavy snow I’ll be putting these on. Glad the size was wide, fits perfect!
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
2712 posts
1058 upvotes
Just a warning, but this fit really small. I have a pair and love them but had to buy 2 sizes larger than I normally do.
Nov 19, 2016
905 posts
621 upvotes
Warning that my experience of bugaboots are that it actually catches on your ankle hair and will basically wax you until you don't have enough to catch anymore. Now I don't have much hair growing on my ankles lol.

Super annoying at first . And painful.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
3586 posts
1993 upvotes
Whitehorse
MisterTeee wrote: Warning that my experience of bugaboots are that it actually catches on your ankle hair and will basically wax you until you don't have enough to catch anymore. Now I don't have much hair growing on my ankles lol.

Super annoying at first . And painful.
You may want to try wearing socks.
Nov 19, 2016
905 posts
621 upvotes
sokolov wrote: You may want to try wearing socks.
Of course I was wearing socks. Just sharing my experience to help others.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
3586 posts
1993 upvotes
Whitehorse
polish_jr333 wrote: Is there such a thing as truly warm boots? I've given up looking. Tried everything out there and there's simply nothing that will keep my toes warm when standing for 10 mins waiting for a bus when it's 15 below. I got the Kodiak Rover II with 400 grams of Thinsulate which have actually been better than anything I've had before.. but still far from ideal. Feet get cold while outside, then stay freezing while I'm inside for half an hour. All Sorels I've owned have been complete BS, and Blundstone's were a joke in the cold... and then they fell apart after two seasons. I'm hoping the battery powered stuff is good because I'll start looking at that this winter.
First, these are not the warmest Columbia boots. Look for Columbia boots that include "Omniheat" - those should be warmer.

Second, you may want to upgrade your socks. Your normal cotton socks won't cut it. But don't wear two layers of socks, as that can restrict blood flow and lead to frost bite.

Third, consider heat packs to stick onto your toes. They cost about $1.50 per pair and last hours. But I wouldn't waste them on a 10 minute wait.

Yes, there are other warm boots. Look in the professional isle. Or get seal skin boots (expensive) or those white ones that have compressed air all around. Or electric ones, I guess.
Last edited by sokolov on Sep 10th, 2020 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Feb 16, 2007
322 posts
310 upvotes
Electrically heated boots, jackets, gloves have been available for purchase from numerous retailers for some time.

Anyone in need of more warmth should go that route.

Marks has their own line, Thermaelectric.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)