Off Topic

Marriage Licence should have to be renewed like a drivers licence?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2019 8:33 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2137 posts
517 upvotes
Toronto

Marriage Licence should have to be renewed like a drivers licence?

I came across this hilarious post and I think it’s so true. What do you think if the government would Have people renew their marriage licenses like they do drivers licence do you agree with this or nah lol
31 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
13863 posts
14355 upvotes
Too many marriages are dysfunctional, this would just be another source of drama.
>> Govt. Relief for Businesses: 75% Wage Subsidy <<

COVID-19 Etiquette
Whatever your personal opinion, please respect hygiene and PPE guidelines and mandates laid down by (1) government, (2) private establishments.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6650 posts
5661 upvotes
Toronto
LOL... Just imagine bridezillas organizing parties to "celebrate" the marriage license renewal and the amount of new threads created here asking how much money to give as a present
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2137 posts
517 upvotes
Toronto
roblombardi wrote: LOL... Just imagine bridezillas organizing parties to "celebrate" the marriage license renewal and the amount of new threads created here asking how much money to give as a present
Lol!! Imagine all the guys being “good” husbands when renewal time comes around
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
3825 posts
1165 upvotes
WFH
Sounds like a great idea. You enter a marriage "contract" for 5 years and when its up you can either renew with your current spouse or see if you can negotiate a better deal elsewhere, maybe a newer model with more up to date features or one that has requires less maintenance and has a lower cost of ownership. If you choose not to renew you can leave with what you brought to the marriage along with half of the equity built up during the 5 year contract period.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2004
9470 posts
550 upvotes
Markham
Lol... or you can just not marry?

Though your premise is kind of incorrect, marriage licences are almost like "permission" from the government to marry.
:lol:
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
24116 posts
2975 upvotes
Montreal
Heavenleigh85 wrote: I came across this hilarious post and I think it’s so true. What do you think if the government would Have people renew their marriage licenses like they do drivers licence do you agree with this or nah lol
Who gets to do the test drive?
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
13863 posts
14355 upvotes
idontwantausername wrote: Get rid of marriages period.

If you wanna leave you leave.
You're a free thinking man.

In Ontario that'll only take half your assets and future income.
>> Govt. Relief for Businesses: 75% Wage Subsidy <<

COVID-19 Etiquette
Whatever your personal opinion, please respect hygiene and PPE guidelines and mandates laid down by (1) government, (2) private establishments.
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
21881 posts
2517 upvotes
And they charge a renewal fee tied to inflation .........
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2137 posts
517 upvotes
Toronto
dirtmover wrote: Sounds like a great idea. You enter a marriage "contract" for 5 years and when its up you can either renew with your current spouse or see if you can negotiate a better deal elsewhere, maybe a newer model with more up to date features or one that has requires less maintenance and has a lower cost of ownership. If you choose not to renew you can leave with what you brought to the marriage along with half of the equity built up during the 5 year contract period.
Yep you know we are all about the best deal on this site!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
8581 posts
3375 upvotes
Toronto
TomLafinsky wrote: Most mortgages last longer than most marriages. - Confucius
Lmao Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)