7 posts
11 upvotes
Port Coquitlam, BC, …

Marriot Bonvoy - Buy Points Get 60% Bonus

Expiry:
June 30, 2020
Retailer:
Marriot
I am not too familiar with Bonvoy Points but I just received this email offer from them. Buy up to 100,000 points by June 30 and receive 60% bonus points.

Is this any good value?
Images
  • B74F3287-0038-40FE-B9CE-87BD7802AD7E.png
29 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1500 posts
2760 upvotes
Markham
They've only had up to a 50% bonus before, but this is COVID times and they've also continually devalued their points, and played games with their "off peak" inventory, so I would not consider it a good deal.

Also, Hot Deals is not the place to ask questions.
Oct 31, 2012
134 posts
214 upvotes
Toronto
This deal is good for cheap business class award tickets or first-class tix. Approx 1250 for a one way Cathay Pacific Business from Toronto to anywhere in Asia. You may find cash fares and earn points for the same amount of money (2500 CAD) but then you will have to always be on the lookout for those deals all the time.

At the same time be sure that you have the award flight you have in mind ready to book before you buy the points and transfer to an airline (also remember that it takes time to transfer Marriott points to an airline in some instances)
[OP]
Aug 29, 2010
7 posts
11 upvotes
Port Coquitlam, BC, …
Sorry if it was put in the wrong place, I can delete it.

I just figured since it was a new offer other people might benefit from knowing about it too. Just wasn’t too sure how good of a deal it is.
Jul 21, 2006
539 posts
126 upvotes
gghane wrote: Sorry if it was put in the wrong place, I can delete it.

I just figured since it was a new offer other people might benefit from knowing about it too. Just wasn’t too sure how good of a deal it is.
It's a perfectly fine place to put it.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
1829 posts
1178 upvotes
Calgary
No need to delete. It is definitely a deal (60% bonus) and there are no rules against asking questions in your deal posting.
Aug 23, 2017
27 posts
22 upvotes
Dave510 wrote: They've only had up to a 50% bonus before, but this is COVID times and they've also continually devalued their points, and played games with their "off peak" inventory, so I would not consider it a good deal.

Also, Hot Deals is not the place to ask questions.

Why cannot you ask a question?
Cut some stack?
""""""Hot deals is not a place to ask question"""""
Thanks god you not running the country?
Aug 23, 2017
27 posts
22 upvotes
gghane wrote: Sorry if it was put in the wrong place, I can delete it.

Thanks for your post.. no need to delete it
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1500 posts
2760 upvotes
Markham
There's a Travel forum for discussions. Why post to "Hot Deals" while asking "is this a hot deal?".

It's not new either, the promo started back in May.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
1829 posts
1178 upvotes
Calgary
Dave510 wrote: There's a Travel forum for discussions. Why post to "Hot Deals" while asking "is this a hot deal?".

It's not new either, the promo started back in May.
Didn’t you say earlier that it was previously only 50%?

Also, like the OP, I just received the email from Bonvoy a couple of hours ago.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1500 posts
2760 upvotes
Markham
jarfgames wrote: Didn’t you say earlier that it was previously only 50%?

Also, like the OP, I just received the email from Bonvoy a couple of hours ago.
60% started in May. Before this current promo, Marriott only ran up to a 50% bonus, but given the circumstances, 60% isn't really a great deal (it's essentially only 160/150 = ~6.66% better offer than the previous best) when the entire travel industry is going to extreme lengths to entice travel.

They're going to end up offering much better deals in the coming months, especially if the response for the current deal falls under their expectations.

I answered the OP's query, didn't expect some people to have a problem with Hot Deals being a place for "Hot deals" rather than "Is this a hot deal?".
Temp. Banned
Dec 20, 2005
1022 posts
383 upvotes
Decent deal. I'm hoping Aeroplan has another sale before the end of the year. Wanna try Etihad first class next year.
Oct 31, 2012
134 posts
214 upvotes
Toronto
mcbg1 wrote: Decent deal. I'm hoping Aeroplan has another sale before the end of the year. Wanna try Etihad first class next year.
Me too. Unfortunately with so many people rebooking (and regular 2021 bookings) because of Etihad grounding the A380 for 2020 any apartment flight will be super hard to book and will be scooped up the minute they release inventory to Aeroplan. :(
Temp. Banned
Dec 20, 2005
1022 posts
383 upvotes
donttoewsmebro wrote: Me too. Unfortunately with so many people rebooking (and regular 2021 bookings) because of Etihad grounding the A380 for 2020 any apartment flight will be super hard to book and will be scooped up the minute they release inventory to Aeroplan. :(
I want to book all the way to Australia in late 2021 so I still have plenty of time to find something decent. We'll see what happens haha.
Oct 31, 2012
134 posts
214 upvotes
Toronto
mcbg1 wrote: I want to book all the way to Australia in late 2021 so I still have plenty of time to find something decent. We'll see what happens haha.
Don't wait too late to book unless you have points to burn. Aeroplan is set for a devaluation (no word on if they are changing international award prices but North American point prices are going dynamic) in Q4 2020.