Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Marriott

Earn up to 1,600 Marriott points

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2016 11:28 pm
Nov 14, 2003
559 posts
632 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: ^ Why can't I disconnect FB?
Do it from Facebook side. Click your name > Settings > Apps
Nov 20, 2006
353 posts
382 upvotes
Thanks, OP. Got the 1600 points right away after logging off and then back on.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1254 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
dotsandpixels wrote:
kayceedee wrote: So, I connected my MR account through that link in OP and followed them on Instagram and FB but only got an email that I got 50 points for following them on instagram. When do I see the 500 points for linking my accounts?
The email states 50 points for the linking but if you look at your account you should have the additional 500 as well.
Thx. Logged out and logged in again and then saw my 500 points each for Instagram and FB. But only got 50 for following them instagram. Did not get anything for "liking" them on FB. Or did I do something wrong with the facebook part??
May 29, 2003
878 posts
413 upvotes
Montreal
1600 points = 500 for Instagram + 50 for following them on Instagram + 500 for Twitter + 50 for following them on Twitter + 500 on FB.

You don't get any bonus points for following them on FB.
kayceedee wrote:
dotsandpixels wrote:
kayceedee wrote: So, I connected my MR account through that link in OP and followed them on Instagram and FB but only got an email that I got 50 points for following them on instagram. When do I see the 500 points for linking my accounts?
The email states 50 points for the linking but if you look at your account you should have the additional 500 as well.
Thx. Logged out and logged in again and then saw my 500 points each for Instagram and FB. But only got 50 for following them instagram. Did not get anything for "liking" them on FB. Or did I do something wrong with the facebook part??
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
1027 posts
1096 upvotes
Vancouver
alanbrenton wrote: Can we move MR points around within the family?
Transfer to SPG then do a points merge. Must be registered at the same address. You can transfer it back after.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2331 posts
826 upvotes
Thanks OP! Got 1000 points for linking Twitter and Instagram accounts, no points received for FB yet.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9315 posts
7703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Starting February 1, 2016, accumulated points will be removed from your account if you do not have a qualifying activity in the prior 2 years.

The following activities do not count toward maintaining an active status in the Marriott Rewards® program:
Gifting or transferring points
Receiving points as a gift or transfer
Earning points through social media programs, such as #MRPoints
Linking your accounts with other programs
Receiving Status Matching across program accounts
Transferring points to accounts in other programs

MP3_SKY wrote: Not a frequent traveler, will the Marriott points expired after a certain time?
I have few Marriot travel vouchers to use, but not sure when to use yet.
If I paid with Marriot Gift card/voucher, I can still earn Marriot points?
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2014
1579 posts
1817 upvotes
Montreal
Wish they could say that before... Didn't get any points because of my earning preferences... (email)

Hi BEN,
Apologies — we weren’t able to award points for your recent post. Here are the most common reasons why this might have happened:

Your Marriott Rewards account is configured to earn miles instead of points. Please change this in your Marriott Rewards account settings.
You have reached the annual maximum of 2,000 points earned through #MRpoints. You can earn points through #MRpoints again starting next year.
Your Marriott Rewards account may no longer be active. Please contact Marriott Rewards Customer Care to resolve the issue.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1254 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
ioXt_2 wrote: 1600 points = 500 for Instagram + 50 for following them on Instagram + 500 for Twitter + 50 for following them on Twitter + 500 on FB.

You don't get any bonus points for following them on FB.
kayceedee wrote:
dotsandpixels wrote:

Ahhh... thanks for the clarification. I'll unlike them now. :)
Nov 21, 2012
456 posts
277 upvotes
GVRD
Took some time to get the points. But yeah, it worked. Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
6610 posts
1979 upvotes
Toronto
I did not get point from linking FB either
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
12400 posts
4937 upvotes
Toronto
Anything I'm doing wrong?

I sign up a Marriott Reward account. Go o my account, link my FB account to it.
Like it. Log out, Log back in and I'm still @ 0 pts.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2007
1589 posts
676 upvotes
Toronto
Was looking to get the points but Twitter will be able to tweet for you.....really?!?!!?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
6610 posts
1979 upvotes
Toronto
ricedion wrote: I did not get point from linking FB either
Actually, all the points showed up the next day. Only twitter bonus showed up instantly on the transaction history on the same day. So all good :)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
6610 posts
1979 upvotes
Toronto
ricedion wrote: I did not get point from linking FB either
Actually, all the points showed up the next day. Only twitter bonus showed up instantly on the transaction history on the same day. So all good :)
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1821 posts
1285 upvotes
Connecting Facebook was an easy (and instant) 500 points. But unfortunately the 500 points are not qualifying points for keeping your Marriott Rewards account active (the points vaporize after two years of inactivity, a little like Aeroplan's one-year of inactivity).

Thanks anyway, OP.
Jun 21, 2009
88 posts
24 upvotes
Saskatoon
nutttbar wrote: Was looking to get the points but Twitter will be able to tweet for you.....really?!?!!?
I backed away from the offer when I read this.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
6055 posts
853 upvotes
Markham
i may be really off but i dont get how to connect my profile to facebook and twitter...is it the chirpify link thing?
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2010
3262 posts
1220 upvotes
Thanks OP! Will d/c after points received.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)