Marshalls: Icebreaker Men's crew socks $9.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 3rd, 2015 9:42 pm
Tags:
Nov 27, 2013
91 posts
82 upvotes
Westmount
Just bought 2 pairs of Cabot and Sons for $12.99 and 2 pairs Smartwool for $9.99 at Winnera downtown Montreal.
Sadly only 1 pair of IceBreakers in the ski length(over the calf).
I used to find it hard to justify such a price for a single pair of socks until I started wearing them. Now I am gradually getting rid of all my white cotton socks each time I buy more merino wool socks.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
2634 posts
1354 upvotes
Toronto
Chynkinese wrote: Terrible advice. I got a Patagonia Capilene 3 crew neck base layer for $30 from Marshall's. The tag wasn't red but I'm pretty sure $30 is a hot price for it.

For those that are going to tell me I should have bought the $20 100% merino wool base layer from Costco, I went there to check it out and found the Patagonia felt so much nicer.
I saw reviews on RFD and they all said the Kirkland base layer easily developed holes so good call. I disagree that it's terrible advice because quite often stuff could be found cheaper elsewhere but the exception is if the item is rare there or anywhere besides from the manufacturer. Patagonia is something they rarely get and I doubt anyone else sells it besides the Patagonia store for MSRP
Mar 9, 2007
513 posts
115 upvotes
dealo'day wrote: I saw reviews on RFD and they all said the Kirkland base layer easily developed holes so good call. I disagree that it's terrible advice because quite often stuff could be found cheaper elsewhere but the exception is if the item is rare there or anywhere besides from the manufacturer. Patagonia is something they rarely get and I doubt anyone else sells it besides the Patagonia store for MSRP
My point is that the prices at Marshall's and winner's can be good even if it's not a "red tag".