Entertainment

Marvel Studios rumoured to be developing a live-action adaptation of "Secret Wars" event

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2021 8:07 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
16127 posts
21042 upvotes
Toronto

Marvel Studios rumoured to be developing a live-action adaptation of "Secret Wars" event

Jim Shooter, who was the writer of Marvel's original Secret Wars event, says Marvel Studios is developing a live-action adaptation of the project.
https://www.cbr.com/jim-shooter-marvel- ... ve-action/

Destiny is all
5 replies
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
16127 posts
21042 upvotes
Toronto
SECRET WARS - The Comic Book That Changed Marvel Forever

In this video, Owen explains the history behind the 1984 comic book, Secret Wars, the original idea behind Jim Shooter's ambitious crossover and how it changed the landscape of the Marvel Comics universe for generations.

Destiny is all
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
14251 posts
3485 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Spider-Man copies Spider-Woman and gets the black suit!
(unless I remembered it wrong!)
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
11483 posts
3878 upvotes
Winnipeg
rabbit wrote: Spider-Man copies Spider-Woman and gets the black suit!
(unless I remembered it wrong!)
secret wars is where the original symbiote "Venom" first appeared. That's what the black suit is.

but I think they mentioned in it he was influenced by her look or something.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
7672 posts
5640 upvotes
Toronto
As a kid, I remember the shock of Doom claiming the powers of the Beyonder, and how cool it was to see him without the mask (it had never been done, at that time).

Of course, there was also the action figures (aka the main reason for this series, basically copying DC's "Super Powers" strategy), and their cutting edge lenticular shields.

"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket